Expired Hot Deals

[Simplii] Get $200 for opening a Simplii chequing account

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 8:34 pm
Aug 29, 2017
119 posts
25 upvotes
I, too, had to call in Simplii multiple times to receive the bonus during the last promotion.

BTW, has anyone who opened a Simplii chequing account between last September 2018 and January 2019, and set up 4 recurring pre-authorized bill payments been able to get $100?

I'm asking because I thought you would get $25 for each recurring pre-authorized bill payment set up, but an agent told me you just get $25 no matter how many pre-authorized bill payments set up.
Apr 22, 2012
863 posts
166 upvotes
TORONTO
I just open up the checking account. So I can deposit a cheque using CIBC ATM. If i want to use Enbridge and Toronto Hydro as my pre authorize payment, how do I do it? Do I logon to Enbridge and assign Simplii checking account as my payment method? Can someone help? Thanks.
Apr 2, 2018
450 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
HappyValley1 wrote: I just open up the checking account. So I can deposit a cheque using CIBC ATM. If i want to use Enbridge and Toronto Hydro as my pre authorize payment, how do I do it? Do I logon to Enbridge and assign Simplii checking account as my payment method? Can someone help? Thanks.
Yes you need to log in your Enbridge account and register autopay plan
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15
Dec 28, 2006
256 posts
21 upvotes
When I sign up there seems to an option to pick "without overdraft protection." If I choose this option instead of "with overdraft" will I still get $200 bonus and also won't get hard credit check?
coolMan78
Nov 12, 2017
397 posts
283 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Say does Tangerine push/pull count towards any of those transactions? Anyone have any insight on that?
anyone?
Aug 28, 2018
22 posts
18 upvotes
coolman78 wrote: When I sign up there seems to an option to pick "without overdraft protection." If I choose this option instead of "with overdraft" will I still get $200 bonus and also won't get hard credit check?
Dunno. I did the same and it didn't show up on Credit Karma, and I'll have to wait 2 weeks to see if it shows up on Borrowell.
Dec 28, 2006
256 posts
21 upvotes
Kingkai09 wrote: Dunno. I did the same and it didn't show up on Credit Karma, and I'll have to wait 2 weeks to see if it shows up on Borrowell.
But u think we will get the $200 still?
coolMan78
Apr 2, 2019
612 posts
505 upvotes
Dogsville
hey guys do you know if PayTM recurring payments counts towards simplii’s definition of “recurring bill payments”?
💳: TD Rewards Visa 🤣
Apr 2, 2018
450 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
hotsince83 wrote: hey guys do you know if PayTM recurring payments counts towards simplii’s definition of “recurring bill payments”?
Yes PayTM worked for sure
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15
Aug 29, 2016
314 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Just applied- will keep yall posted
Aug 28, 2018
22 posts
18 upvotes
coolman78 wrote: But u think we will get the $200 still?
I don't see why not. They posed overdraft protection as an optional thing. Although even after selecting "without" there was still language in several places that said I consent to them obtaining my credit info. You need to sign a document that allows it. So I'm still expecting it to happen.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1830 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
coolman78 wrote: When I sign up there seems to an option to pick "without overdraft protection." If I choose this option instead of "with overdraft" will I still get $200 bonus and also won't get hard credit check?
Kingkai09 wrote:
Dunno. I did the same and it didn't show up on Credit Karma, and I'll have to wait 2 weeks to see if it shows up on Borrowell.
Unfortunately even not choosing without overdraft will result in a hard inquiry.
If it helps the points drop a little.
In my case the points did not even drop.

The credit inquiry is done on Equifax so it would only show on your borowell account, not credit karma
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1154 posts
218 upvotes
rainni wrote: I had PC financial account from years ago...and I'm pretty sure I cancelled it before it moved over to Simplii. I saw this promo and applied for a new Simplii chequing account, a week later I received cheque books and the account information in the mail. Waited 2 weeks for the mail and still didn't get a debit card. So I called them today and they said I still had an open account with them so my old account information still exist, the new chequing account was linked to my old banking account and debit card (which I never received in the mail). And they told me I wasn't qualified for the $200 promo as I am not considered a new client. This is so disappointing.
Funny. I had the same situation: PCF Chequeing account. I thought I cancelled long ago when they switched to Simplii.
Thinking I don't have any products with Simplii, I signed up online. No word from them for 4 business days, so I called their 1888 #.
The CSR mentioned that they had some info from when I was PCF client. I started to worry about whether I was eligible for the $200 bonus promo.
The CSR spoke to the "supervisor" and reported back that I am eligible as long as the terms of the promo are completed.
Well, here's hoping this goes smoothly.

Can anyone confirm that a PAD initiated from Tangerine and EQ bank counts towards the "Automatic Bill Payment" that this promotion needs?
Nov 5, 2018
15 posts
Wet Banana wrote: Can confirm that I also got the $200 deposited the same time too. I was worried that I would have to call in and complain and actually was planning on it, but I kept putting it off until the bonus just showed up.

It seems that this variation of the promo is a lot easier (either direct deposit or PAD), so as long as you're patient, I think this is definitely worth it. CIBC ATMs in abundance + free etranfers + no fees + free cheques makes this a no brainer.

Oh, for PADs, I was able to get PayTM to count (used the app to pay my bills), so I imagine Tangerine and other PADs should qualify.
Could you please give me more details about your PayTM usage? Did you have scheduled bills or did you manually pay them (on the same dates perhaps) for 2 months?
Temp. Banned
Jan 30, 2019
166 posts
61 upvotes
My Equifax score is just 700 wonder if they approve me for overdraft and line of credit with the cheque account.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)