Expired Hot Deals

[Simplii] Get $200 for opening a Simplii chequing account

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 8:34 pm
Apr 23, 2017
546 posts
318 upvotes
Sypher006 wrote: I've confirmed it with 2 separate rep on my eligibility and a third got an email from billing department that confirmed it but got shot down by a super because I have a saving account already. Why would they lead me to believe it and waste my time calling in and waiting all those time?

Some bad experience from other user last time around.
200-intro-offer-simplii-no-fee-account-2223327/1/
it's the system that decides whether you're getting the bonus or not (not the super), coz their system clearly spells your eligibility. I say, you complete the requirements and see if you get the bonus once it triggers (if it's not too much work on your end)
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
May 25, 2019
324 posts
259 upvotes
Anyone else open in may and completed terms in august?

I havent gotten anything yet. It says they will award funds in 4th month of opening the account....
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1039 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
Maria8534 wrote: Anyone else open in may and completed terms in august?

I havent gotten anything yet. It says they will award funds in 4th month of opening the account....
Same boat. Opened in June. Did 4 payroll direct deposits in July and August. As per terms, bonus will post 4 months following the month the eligible account was opened. So I am looking at November for bonus to post if opened in June 2019; December for bonus to post for those who opened account in July 2019, and January 2020 for bonus to post for those who opened in August 2019.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7063 posts
1534 upvotes
multi city dweller
So I received an email letting me know that I am eligible for this $200 promo.

This is great, but do I need to register with them before moving my payroll and auto BP ...
or do I just proceed to set up payroll and auto BPs and receive $200? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1156 posts
218 upvotes
Definitely one of the more painful experiences with chequing account promos.

For one, Simplii Financial CSR's are quick to deny you.
I had to call 4 times, each time painstakingly explaining what offer I fall under (i.e. April 1st to July 31st promo, AKA offer on the 1st page of this thread), only to be be told I didn't meet the criteria because they didn't read the details of the terms & conditions.
This meant I had to push back and explain why I met each and every one of the criteria by going through the details of terms & conditions one by one.
You need to keep yourself calm and cool every time you call (pretty hard to do when dealing with nincompoops).
I normally participate in these chequing account promos, and I'd say CSRs from a majority of banks I call are typically pleasant over the phone (even if they can't resolve your issue on the spot), but the CSRs at Simplii Financial are either all grumpy, tired or unmotivated.

I am just happy the last CSR was able to to get a "manager" to approve the $200 bonus I am owed.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1039 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
Cypherus21 wrote: Same boat. Opened in June. Did 4 payroll direct deposits in July and August. As per terms, bonus will post 4 months following the month the eligible account was opened. So I am looking at November for bonus to post if opened in June 2019; December for bonus to post for those who opened account in July 2019, and January 2020 for bonus to post for those who opened in August 2019.
Bonus finally posted today, as originally anticipated in my previous above post.

May 25, 2019
324 posts
259 upvotes
Opened end of may and still nothing.

Completed terms in july and august
Apr 23, 2017
546 posts
318 upvotes
Cypherus21 wrote: Bonus finally posted today, as originally anticipated in my previous above post.

Confirming bonus posted for me as well on Oct 16. DP timeline:
June 15: A/c opened
June/July: Payroll DDs
Oct 16: $200 bonus deposited
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2003
1368 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
Account opened July 5th
Auto bill payments started in August
Credit received Oct 16th like above post
May 25, 2019
324 posts
259 upvotes
Ok I gave them a call about my missing welcome bonus and they were super nice and credited me the next day
Jun 25, 2010
363 posts
50 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Also received the $200 + $10 bonus.

Timeline:
- Opened account: mid-June 2019
- Received debit card: late-June 2019
- Pre-authorized deposits since late July to now (~3-4 months)
- Received $10 payroll bonus: late July 2019
- Received $200 bonus: mid-October 2019
Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 9.27.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 9.24.00 AM.png
Jun 25, 2010
363 posts
50 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Anyone know if there are other bonuses to be taken advantage of before closing my account?

I see one for $30 (or $70 if new account) if use their Global Money Transfer. Not sure if anyone has had success with this promo.
Apr 23, 2017
546 posts
318 upvotes
IOwnAndPwnU wrote: Anyone know if there are other bonuses to be taken advantage of before closing my account?

I see one for $30 (or $70 if new account) if use their Global Money Transfer. Not sure if anyone has had success with this promo.
I got GMT bonus for 2 accounts. It was auto for one, but had to follow up twice for the other, although the promo code was applied and everything was done as per T&C's
Jun 25, 2010
363 posts
50 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
yugsekwaf wrote: I got GMT bonus for 2 accounts. It was auto for one, but had to follow up twice for the other, although the promo code was applied and everything was done as per T&C's
How did you take advantage of the GMT offer?
Apr 23, 2017
546 posts
318 upvotes
IOwnAndPwnU wrote: How did you take advantage of the GMT offer?
Min to send is $100 (sent it to my personal account in another country) - Rate is ok, but the $70 sweetens the pot..beats any other rate out there w/ the bonus

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)