Hot Deals

[Simplii] Get $200 for opening a Simplii chequing account

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 7:31 pm
Jul 19, 2018
98 posts
20 upvotes
How long does it take for account confirmed after signup? Been 2 days after registration and no confirmation
Jan 24, 2007
176 posts
19 upvotes
Is this a good service even without the bonus? Looking for a new banking solution away from tangerine
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4179 posts
2540 upvotes
Calgary
Kaphis wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:43 pm
Is this a good service even without the bonus? Looking for a new banking solution away from tangerine
Not sure what you want. Tangerine is quite awesome for free. Simplii looks like a clone of Tangerine.
Jan 24, 2007
176 posts
19 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:50 pm
Not sure what you want. Tangerine is quite awesome for free. Simplii looks like a clone of Tangerine.
Honestly? Free etransfer :(
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4986 posts
964 upvotes
Milton
SammyDavis wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 11:50 pm
all banks seems to be clones of other bank :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4179 posts
2540 upvotes
Calgary
Kaphis wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 7:51 am
Honestly? Free etransfer :(
The tangerine free etransfer works fine for me. Instead of 30 minutes it takes a few hours.
Jul 14, 2006
409 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 8:55 am
The tangerine free etransfer works fine for me. Instead of 30 minutes it takes a few hours.
Tangerine etransfer isn't interac etransfer (they charge $1)
The downside to tangerine's free e-transfer is that the receiver has to enter their banking information which is a huge pain (transit #, account #, etc).
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1061 posts
142 upvotes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but would just setting up 2 automatic transfers to bank accounts like Tangerine and EQ Bank qualify as PAD's for this promo?
Dec 25, 2017
777 posts
583 upvotes
Wet Banana wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 5:38 pm
Can confirm that I also got the $200 deposited the same time too. I was worried that I would have to call in and complain and actually was planning on it, but I kept putting it off until the bonus just showed up.

It seems that this variation of the promo is a lot easier (either direct deposit or PAD), so as long as you're patient, I think this is definitely worth it. CIBC ATMs in abundance + free etranfers + no fees + free cheques makes this a no brainer.

Oh, for PADs, I was able to get PayTM to count (used the app to pay my bills), so I imagine Tangerine and other PADs should qualify.
You know what's the payment code used when they send payments via EFT?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1543 posts
599 upvotes
ON
They locked me out of this deal unfortunately because I have the savings account. I purposely only got a savings account in case there was a signup bonus coming for the checking... guess they got the last laugh?
Apr 14, 2019
19 posts
13 upvotes
THey my application and didn’t do anything with it so their service is terrible. Not gonna waste my time calling them for a status. A bank should Be professional enough to follow up on their own.
Apr 7, 2016
60 posts
8 upvotes
Does PayPal withdrawal count as a direct deposit or similar sites? I use a similar service to cash out and was wondering if I cash out twice over $10 will it fulfill my requirements?
Apr 2, 2018
93 posts
37 upvotes
647man wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 11:05 pm
Did anybody else get an email to call them at 1-888-872-4724 and speak to a personal banking rep after signing up?

I called the number but it was not possible to speak to a personal banking representative as the telephone prompt only gave the option of entering your debit card number (which I do not have yet) or to report your card stolen (which I have yet to receive).
1-888-723-8881 here is their number. You can call if you have any questions. Whenever you receive the card in mail you call them to activate
Dec 25, 2017
777 posts
583 upvotes
My experience so far during the sign up was very smooth. They sent me the signature card and identity check next day which I completed same day. I had the bank card in four business days (was Thursday to Tuesday) and was activated easily over the phone. They put you into a IVR for the telephone banking PIN.

The card PIN arrived a few days later but I requested that I get my PIN changed today while was very easy to do at the local CIBC ATM inside the branch. Just not that happy with waiting four months for that $200 bonus.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
567 posts
223 upvotes
I received my debit card and activated it today, what is the easiest way to setup Pre-authorized debit bill payments from this account? Can I do this within the Account or I need to do it through my biller?