Hot Deals

[Simplii] Get $200 for opening a Simplii chequing account

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 7:31 pm
Nov 6, 2013
564 posts
319 upvotes
People are worried about a 2-4 month dent in their credit?

People are so silly about credit score it's sad.

Do you go to parties on the weekend and brag about an 830 so an 800 won't cut it? Might get embarrassed at the party?
Nov 23, 2017
523 posts
1086 upvotes
primetimey wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 12:03 am
Do you go to parties on the weekend and brag about an 830 so an 800 won't cut it? Might get embarrassed at the party?
As someone who churns and has friends that also churn, our credit scores come up embarrassingly often at gatherings.
Jul 25, 2018
10 posts
5 upvotes
Sweet. I got $10 bonus for setting up direct payroll deposits on my new chequing account. I asked them on social media -- they said it's automatically applied and that it won't disqualify me from the current $200 bonus promotion, as long as I fulfill the requirements.
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 12:01 am
Yes hard check is 20-29pts damage
When I had a hard hit from them early this month, surprisingly my credit score didn't drop. It even went up 2 points. LOL! I assume it would have went up even more if I didn't get a hard hit, though. The plus side of it is that I didn't have to do the ID verification anymore. I guess Simplii is shifting to hard credit inquries to verify identity.
Feb 8, 2017
29 posts
3 upvotes
So Internet and cell phone bills do not qualify for automatic bill payments? According to the list.
May 16, 2017
202 posts
71 upvotes
be prepared to call in, this company is a mess and i dont think the 200$ will go smoothly for alot of people
May 30, 2011
467 posts
149 upvotes
Winnipeg
I need some advice guys!

We have a small market business (handmade dog collars). Ive been using a separate savings account under my own normal banking to keep track of funds.

I want to separate it out. We're small beans and after looking at business accounts they don't really bring much value for us. We accept and send etransfers and deposits from square, very little cash. Would a simplii account work for this do you think?
Dec 25, 2017
777 posts
583 upvotes
CanJpnPhl wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 4:34 pm
Sweet. I got $10 bonus for setting up direct payroll deposits on my new chequing account. I asked them on social media -- they said it's automatically applied and that it won't disqualify me from the current $200 bonus promotion, as long as I fulfill the requirements.

When I had a hard hit from them early this month, surprisingly my credit score didn't drop. It even went up 2 points. LOL! I assume it would have went up even more if I didn't get a hard hit, though. The plus side of it is that I didn't have to do the ID verification anymore. I guess Simplii is shifting to hard credit inquries to verify identity.
I did direct deposit as well, are those automatically credited and which payments get that $10? Any link on their website?

I still got to go to CP for ID check when I opened my account a few weeks ago.
Jul 25, 2018
10 posts
5 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
May 6th, 2019 10:33 pm
I did direct deposit as well, are those automatically credited and which payments get that $10? Any link on their website?

I still got to go to CP for ID check when I opened my account a few weeks ago.
I got paid on a Friday, and I got the $10 bonus on a Monday, so after 1 banking day. I don’t see any info on their website about this, though. The rep I spoke to said that it’s automatically applied when a direct payroll or pension is deposited for the first time.
DB1A0284-B724-42C5-9049-9074BD176349.jpeg
Sep 9, 2003
481 posts
Vancouver
tablo13 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2019 6:57 pm
The following are eligible Automatic Bill Payments:

a) Utility bills

b) Monthly payment lines, loans, mortgages, insurance, credit cards

c) Lease/rent

d) Membership fees

e) Property tax

f) Income tax

g) Childcare fees
Are these the ONLY eligible automatic payments or have people had luck with others?
Feb 8, 2017
29 posts
3 upvotes
I was just told by a CSR that cell phone and internet bills do not qualify for automatic Bill payments. FYI.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20811 posts
6854 upvotes
Newedm wrote:
May 7th, 2019 1:07 pm
I was just told by a CSR that cell phone and internet bills do not qualify for automatic Bill payments. FYI.
YAH! They're not bills!
I don't have to pay them!

/s
Sep 11, 2011
497 posts
128 upvotes
Alberta
jincrypt wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 9:06 am
Tangerine etransfer isn't interac etransfer (they charge $1)
The downside to tangerine's free e-transfer is that the receiver has to enter their banking information which is a huge pain (transit #, account #, etc).
Huge downside. I've had very bad experiences trying to send people money via the Tangerine e-transfer. Majority of regular people either don't know this information or how to get it, and other people (direct quote) "don't feel comfortable" inputting that information.

I mean, a few $1 e-transfers a month isn't a big deal, but over an entire year $30-50 in e-transfer fees kind of defeats the purpose of the whole "no-fee" online banking lol.

Interested in this offer, but I'm going to hold off until the changes to the CIBC premier account happen (minimum balance to waive fee), hoping they have some kind of cash bonus to sign up.
Dec 25, 2017
777 posts
583 upvotes
CanJpnPhl wrote:
May 7th, 2019 7:31 am
I got paid on a Friday, and I got the $10 bonus on a Monday, so after 1 banking day. I don’t see any info on their website about this, though. The rep I spoke to said that it’s automatically applied when a direct payroll or pension is deposited for the first time.

DB1A0284-B724-42C5-9049-9074BD176349.jpeg
I just called Simplii and I'm a bit confused, could be the agent. Sent a question on social media and they said yes I can get both, the call center agent said either, which seems to be incorrect. My second direct deposit showed up today, still no credit, so I might call again tomorrow and see. They also told me, give or take a day, I'll get my $200 a month from the second deposit. This doesn't seem to line up properly with the terms, but I confirmed with the agent, that since today was the day it posted, I should get my bonus on June 8 (which is a Saturday?), give or take a day.
Oct 5, 2017
254 posts
66 upvotes
wilhelmthe1st wrote:
May 8th, 2019 10:53 pm
Huge downside. I've had very bad experiences trying to send people money via the Tangerine e-transfer. Majority of regular people either don't know this information or how to get it, and other people (direct quote) "don't feel comfortable" inputting that information.

I mean, a few $1 e-transfers a month isn't a big deal, but over an entire year $30-50 in e-transfer fees kind of defeats the purpose of the whole "no-fee" online banking lol.

Interested in this offer, but I'm going to hold off until the changes to the CIBC premier account happen (minimum balance to waive fee), hoping they have some kind of cash bonus to sign up.
True. That's why I got an EQ bank account for e transfers. People do Tangerine/Simplii or Tangerine/EQ just for e-transfers and HISA.