Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [simplii] Get $50 when you send your first $100 global money transfer abroad

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 5:47 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London

Get $50 when you send your first $100 global money transfer abroad

Retailer:
simplii
Mod Edit: Do not ask for or offer referrals in this thread.

In addition to the 50 u can score another 25 with a referral.!

But

Can't have sent a global money transfer before .

Details below.

These times are challenging, but we make it simple and convenient for you to help your loved ones abroad. With Simplii Financial™ Global Money Transfer you can send money safely and securely — from the comfort of your home.

Sending money abroad has never been easier:

Pay no transfer fees*Transfer money 24/7 from your phone or onlineSend to over 90 countries, including 13 new countries, such as Japan, Malaysia and Jordan

Get discounted◊ exchange rates for a limited time.

Valid until June 12, 2020.

Plus, if you haven’t sent a Global Money Transfer yet,
get $50 with your first transfer.† Use promo code GMT50

Simplii Financial foreign exchange rates apply to all transfers. Must have a Simplii Financial No Fee Chequing Account, Simplii Financial Personal or Secured Line of Credit to send a Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer. Most transfers are completed by the next business day; some require up to 3 business days to be completed. For full terms and conditions, review the Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer Agreement (PDF, 115 KB).

†  

To qualify, use promo code GMT50 to send your first Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer (“GMT”) from your Simplii Financial No Fee Chequing Account, Simplii Financial Personal Line of Credit or Simplii Financial Secured Line of Credit using online or mobile banking. You will receive 50 CAD cash back in the account from which you sent the GMT within 6 weeks. Offer runs from February 1, 2020 until January 1, 2021 and can be changed or cancelled at any time without notice. Limit one cash back offer per person per account including joint bank accounts. Simplii Financial Global Money Transfer Service rates apply to all transfers.

◊ 

The amount of the discount will vary depending on currency.
Last edited by Sanforized on May 14th, 2020 7:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit
Share:
Thread Summary
SoroSuub1 wrote: So to summarize.... if it's your first time sending Simplii GMT and you pair up with someone else who is also doing it for the first time... when you send $100 CAD via GMT:

Promos
$50 for using GMT50
$25 for using someone else's referral
$25 if someone else uses your referral

You and buddy each get $100 for sending $100. The only person out is the recipient and their incoming wire transfer fee (and I guess .... Simplii's marketing budget).
201 replies
Dec 15, 2012
461 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Whats the minimum you have to send I wonder...
Jan 29, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Minimum is $100.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2104 posts
598 upvotes
This is this is amazing timing, I was about to send some money to Nigeria to claim a prize i won. I’m so lucky
[OP]
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
It is great timing for sending Eid gifts around the world ! Beating Heart
Oct 19, 2015
742 posts
1068 upvotes
Vancouver
To my surprise, I found their rate better than Transferwise
[OP]
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
Also just realized u can get another 25 with a referral.! Send 100 get 75 back. Sweet deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3206 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
ryansluman wrote: Also just realized u can get another 25 with a referral.! Send 100 get 75 back. Sweet deal.
How does the referral work?
[OP]
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
undacova wrote: How does the referral work?
Just use the ref link, sign in and send a GMT of 100 minimum = 25$ after such and such time.

Can't have sent one before.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1577 posts
1025 upvotes
I like the sound of free money! Problem is that I need a destination to receive it without a incoming wire fee, as these get sent as wires...
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1831 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
IEpicDestroyer wrote: I like the sound of free money! Problem is that I need a destination to receive it without a incoming wire fee, as these get sent as wires...
I recall doing this by sending the money to myself.
I used a transferwise borderless account to receive the usd funds sent from simplii.
Then I converted it and eft it back to cad account.
It came to around $5 in service charges I think.
The bonus came in a few weeks.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1577 posts
1025 upvotes
martydxb wrote: I recall doing this by sending the money to myself.
I used a transferwise borderless account to receive the usd funds sent from simplii.
Then I converted it and eft it back to cad account.
It came to around $5 in service charges I think.
The bonus came in a few weeks.
Hmm.... that's good to keep in mind but I do have a US deposit account at RBC Bank (Georgia), on their first year free promo, just that RBC charges a incoming wire fee. I'd prefer to keep it in US$ since it's already there... Any cheaper way to do this?
Nov 29, 2014
30 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thanks, just applied for an account.
Oct 16, 2012
54 posts
82 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I did not see min 100 dollar in the email. where is IT from
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10423 posts
2613 upvotes
Scarberia
Does this work for new accounts created today? Can I send the money to my own BMO USD account?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>