Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [simplii] Get $50 when you send your first $100 global money transfer abroad

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 5:47 am
Tags:
None
Dec 14, 2008
192 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
martydxb wrote: Its been a few months since I tried this but I recall something similar, cant guarantee but you should see your name and a bank in New york? or somewhere in the Us as the address.
I'm going to try, worst case it doesn't go through.
Apr 9, 2018
5 posts
2 upvotes
Going to try this as well. Made a new account today and the customer service was great.
If only there was someone that wanted to do this with me for the full 100$ bonus!
Aug 5, 2007
782 posts
215 upvotes
Done. Guess I'm just waiting on getting the bonus from Simplii but this is the process I followed - specific to TransferWise + RBC Bank (US) - and it all got done in less than a week with no wire transfers.

1. Send GMT to my TransferWise borderless account, funds received after a few days. I already had a borderless account before this promo so not sure if the mandatory $20 deposit would affect others in this step.
2. Send TransferWise USD balance to RBC bank, funds received next day. I don't plan on transfering this balance but could easily transfer it back to my RBC Royal Bank account if I wanted my CAD back.\

EDIT: Just received the $25 from signing up through a referral link already – so a week after I made the GMT – but not the $50 coupon code bonus yet.
Last edited by mrelusive on May 23rd, 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
apparently in order to qualify the referral link needs to be sent by email.

Offer Requirements:2.A cash referral bonus in an amount determined by Simplii Financial from time to time (“Bonus”) will be paid to each of the Referrer and the Friend if:a)The Referrer uses the GMT referral link in Simplii Financial Online Banking to email the Offer to the Friend (no Bonus will be paid if the Friend is referred in any other manner); andb)The Friend logs into Simplii Financial Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first GMT in an amount not less than $100 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a Simplii Financial personal bank account or line of credit account (“Account”) held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.

https://www.payments.simplii.com/fxc/fx ... en_GMT.pdf

anyone care to weigh in on this development? my data is that my wifes account linked me ( not through email ) and i got the bonus 10 days later but she has yet to receive it. May 22, 2020 EFT CREDIT FX Txn Reversal $25.00
Jun 2, 2007
518 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
I have been using Xoom PayPal for money transfer: I will give this a try
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Jul 20, 2015
111 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ryansluman wrote: apparently in order to qualify the referral link needs to be sent by email.

Offer Requirements:2.A cash referral bonus in an amount determined by Simplii Financial from time to time (“Bonus”) will be paid to each of the Referrer and the Friend if:a)The Referrer uses the GMT referral link in Simplii Financial Online Banking to email the Offer to the Friend (no Bonus will be paid if the Friend is referred in any other manner); andb)The Friend logs into Simplii Financial Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first GMT in an amount not less than $100 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a Simplii Financial personal bank account or line of credit account (“Account”) held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.

https://www.payments.simplii.com/fxc/fx ... en_GMT.pdf

anyone care to weigh in on this development? my data is that my wifes account linked me ( not through email ) and i got the bonus 10 days later but she has yet to receive it. May 22, 2020 EFT CREDIT FX Txn Reversal $25.00
I had sent my friend a copied link and vice versa. I sent the money May 13th and he sent the money May 15th. We both recieved the referral bonus May 22nd. ($50 total, each.)

No word about the $50 promo money yet though, but the referral bonus has 15 day limit as opposed to the GMTs 6 weeks.

I just checked through the mobile app, and there's not even a way to email the link, so I'm not sure what those terms are?
Last edited by divetus on May 23rd, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
divetus wrote:

so I'm not sure what those terms are?
they are confusing. thats what they are lol
Mar 8, 2006
652 posts
197 upvotes
luck4u2u wrote: Reading the T&C for referral, how does my friend send his referral link? Is there a special way to email so I meet the bolded parts from the T&C below?

Offer Requirements:
2. A cash referral bonus in an amount determined by Simplii Financial from time to time (“Bonus”) will be paid to each of the Referrer and the Friend if:

a) The Referrer uses the GMT referral link in Simplii Financial Online Banking to email the Offer to the Friend (no Bonus will be paid if the Friend is referred in any other manner); and

b) The Friend logs into Simplii Financial Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first GMT in an amount not less than $100 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a Simplii Financial personal bank account or line of credit account (“Account”) held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.
divetus wrote:
I had sent my friend a copied link and vice versa. I sent the money May 13th and he sent the money May 15th. We both recieved the referral bonus May 22nd. ($50 total, each.)

No word about the $50 promo money yet though, but the referral bonus has 15 day limit as opposed to the GMTs 6 weeks.

I just checked through the mobile app, and there's not even a way to email the link, so I'm not sure what those terms are?
I called Simplii to ask. The CSR had no clue and initially provided vague answers (which I hate when a CSR does that) like "I think" or "I believe ". I asked not to provide guessed responses. Then, we reviewed the exact T&C wordings and at some point I also talked to a supervisor. Here are the summary:
a) It's a poor wordings. There is no email app/system in Simplii to actually email the link. What is needed is to copy my referral link (generated from "Get referral link"), paste to an email (gmail, yahoo etc) and send it to my friend.
b) Again, it's a poor wordings as it doesn't make sense to log in first, then click the link to arrive at the home page to relogin again. So, my friend just needs to click the link from the email that I sent, login and complete the global money transfer >$100. Simplii also has no way to know whether the link is used within the 30 days of receiving the email referral. I was explained the link generated from "Get referral link" is only good for 30 days. After that, I need to generate another link.

I was also told that the GMT50 and referral link are NOT stackable. The promo can't be combined with other promo. However, my friend still completed his first transfer using a referral link and entered GMT50. Please share if anyone has actually received both promos ($25 referral + $50),
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10125 posts
3754 upvotes
fortune88 wrote: I called Simplii to ask. The CSR had no clue and initially provided vague answers (which I hate when a CSR does that) like "I think" or "I believe ". I asked not to provide guessed responses. Then, we reviewed the exact T&C wordings and at some point I also talked to a supervisor. Here are the summary:
a) It's a poor wordings. There is no email app/system in Simplii to actually email the link. What is needed is to copy my referral link (generated from "Get referral link"), paste to an email (gmail, yahoo etc) and send it to my friend.
b) Again, it's a poor wordings as it doesn't make sense to log in first, then click the link to arrive at the home page to relogin again. So, my friend just needs to click the link from the email that I sent, login and complete the global money transfer >$100. Simplii also has no way to know whether the link is used within the 30 days of receiving the email referral. I was explained the link generated from "Get referral link" is only good for 30 days. After that, I need to generate another link.

I was also told that the GMT50 and referral link are NOT stackable. The promo can't be combined with other promo. However, my friend still completed his first transfer using a referral link and entered GMT50. Please share if anyone has actually received both promos ($25 referral + $50),
Are you trying to say / to ask others ... that if one uses a referral link to get $25 referral bonus ... they are not gonna receive + $50 promo?

By the way,

to send that GMT ... do you need to open some GMT account (or something similar) within the Simplii .. or simply having a Chequing account at Simplii is sufficient enough ... and you just use that GMT send feature ... as you would use interac eTransfer for example?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1850 posts
505 upvotes
Scarborough
Darkman wrote: Are you trying to say / to ask others ... that if one uses a referral link to get $25 referral bonus ... they are not gonna receive + $50 promo?

By the way,

to send that GMT ... do you need to open some GMT account (or something similar) within the Simplii .. or simply having a Chequing account at Simplii is sufficient enough ... and you just use that GMT send feature ... as you would use interac eTransfer for example?
You just need a chequing account. There's no GMT account.
Koodo
Tangerine
Simplii
Jul 20, 2015
111 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
fortune88 wrote: I was also told that the GMT50 and referral link are NOT stackable. The promo can't be combined with other promo. However, my friend still completed his first transfer using a referral link and entered GMT50. Please share if anyone has actually received both promos ($25 referral + $50),
I reread the previous thread that had the $30 promo and some people had reported that stacking it worked... It makes no sense if the promo code and referral didn't stack together since a referral is a link while the GMT50 is a code...

Thinking Face
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
10125 posts
3754 upvotes
divetus wrote: I just did it with my account. It took about 1 1/2 days to get it to Transferwise. There were no fees, and I just put the transferwise address as my address. Waiting to see if I get the promo money now :)
Is this it?

transferwise.com/borderless-account/dashboard#balance-USD

I just logged in to my TransferWise. I set it up long time ago but never really used it ... other than link it to my PayPal ( PayPal sent 2 mirco-deposits to this account I think ... and I verified the amounts ... and the account was linked to my PayPal.

$0.13 cents USD in the account currently in total .... so I am pretty sure the 13 cents USD balance represents those 2 micro-deposits from PayPal.

So that's where you sent the money? ... and there were no charges?

C/P ... from my account:

Account number:
XXXXXXXXXX
Wire transfer number:
XXXXXXXXXX

Address:
TransferWise
19 W 24th Street
New York
United States

So did you use that address? ... and what did you use to send the money ... the account # ... or the wire transfer # ... or both?
Nov 18, 2011
60 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote: Is this it?

transferwise.com/borderless-account/dashboard#balance-USD

I just logged in to my TransferWise. I set it up long time ago but never really used it ... other than link it to my PayPal ( PayPal sent 2 mirco-deposits to this account I think ... and I verified the amounts ... and the account was linked to my PayPal.

$0.13 cents USD in the account currently in total .... so I am pretty sure the 13 cents USD balance represents those 2 micro-deposits from PayPal.

So that's where you sent the money? ... and there were no charges?

C/P ... from my account:

Account number:
XXXXXXXXXX
Wire transfer number:
XXXXXXXXXX

Address:
TransferWise
19 W 24th Street
New York
United States

So did you use that address? ... and what did you use to send the money ... the account # ... or the wire transfer # ... or both?
I used Routing number to look up the bank and it will appear as "COMMUNITY FEDERAL SAVINGS BANK" not Transferwise which is ok. And you will also need your account number and Account holder's name.
It took me 1 day from Simplii to Transferwise and another 1 day from Transferwise to Tangerine.
Jul 20, 2015
111 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Darkman wrote: Is this it?

Yes it's the borderless USD account. Yes I just used that address for the US address, but if you have your own personal US address it also works. I used the routing number, which it will search up the Community Federal Savings Bank, the account name, and the account number.
Mar 8, 2006
652 posts
197 upvotes
divetus wrote: I reread the previous thread that had the $30 promo and some people had reported that stacking it worked... It makes no sense if the promo code and referral didn't stack together since a referral is a link while the GMT50 is a code...

Thinking Face
The supervisor who I spoke to said it’s not stackable. The T&C for the referral has a statement: “This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or rebate unless otherwise disclosed”.

Time will tell if both promos are stackable. My friend still proceeded by using my referral link and entering GMT50, as we both believe they should be stackable.