Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [simplii] Get $50 when you send your first $100 global money transfer abroad

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 5:47 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
1831 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
roedoe wrote: Can I send money to myself (my USD bank)? or must be someone else's account?
I have used this in the past to send to my own USD account.
Member
Jun 8, 2019
206 posts
320 upvotes
Also, can I send it to my USD Transferwise account? The bank is in USA, but my address is Canadian. So it comes out weird cuz for the address of the recipient it automatically puts USA because the bank is in USA. Anyone tried it?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2008
766 posts
360 upvotes
Does anyone have any experience sending money to Bangladesh or Cambodia with Simplii's (or CIBC's...I assume it's the same) GMT service? I wonder what infrastructure they use to ensure the money gets to the right place. Western Union is so expensive, but I guess it comes with the territory since its such a logistical feat.
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Member
Jun 8, 2019
206 posts
320 upvotes
martydxb wrote: I have used this in the past to send to my own USD account.
can I send it to my USD Transferwise borderless account? The bank is in USA, but my address is Canadian. So it comes out weird cuz for the address of the recipient it automatically puts USA because the bank is in USA. Anyone tried it?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
roedoe wrote: can I send it to my USD Transferwise borderless account? The bank is in USA, but my address is Canadian. So it comes out weird cuz for the address of the recipient it automatically puts USA because the bank is in USA. Anyone tried it?
try it and let us know. i think not tho.
Member
Aug 7, 2019
330 posts
89 upvotes
This has actually been around for quite a while. I sent a transfer using a referral link + the promo code.

I received my $50 promo already and am waiting on my referral bonus. Has anyone successfully gotten both yet?

[...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 15th, 2020 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: solicitation removed
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
1831 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
roedoe wrote: can I send it to my USD Transferwise borderless account? The bank is in USA, but my address is Canadian. So it comes out weird cuz for the address of the recipient it automatically puts USA because the bank is in USA. Anyone tried it?
It worked for me when I tried it a few months ago, not sure of the details but it worked.
If I recall correctly, most of the address is the bank in USA.
To confirm,I did receive the money in my USD borderless account and the sign up bonus as well from simplii.
Sr. Member
Mar 31, 2017
897 posts
372 upvotes
Burnaby
This came at a great time as I was planning to send some money to India anyways
Last edited by Sanforized on May 15th, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Referral cleanup
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 8, 2013
447 posts
432 upvotes
London
DrDoomsday wrote: This has actually been around for quite a while. I sent a transfer using a referral link + the promo code.

I received my $50 promo already and am waiting on my referral bonus. Has anyone successfully gotten both yet?

[...]
when did you do that? i did mine 2 days back. will update when bonus is paid out.

i know there was an offer before for 70 but i only got an email about this 50 offer as of time of posting...
Last edited by Mars2012 on May 15th, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Sr. Member
Mar 1, 2010
859 posts
220 upvotes
my bank will deduct transfer fees every time I.receive money from overseas , sucks
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 20, 2015
111 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
roedoe wrote: Also, can I send it to my USD Transferwise account? The bank is in USA, but my address is Canadian. So it comes out weird cuz for the address of the recipient it automatically puts USA because the bank is in USA. Anyone tried it?
I just did it with my account. It took about 1 1/2 days to get it to Transferwise. There were no fees, and I just put the transferwise address as my address. Waiting to see if I get the promo money now :)
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1577 posts
1025 upvotes
When you say pair up with someone else who’s doing this the first time as well, basically it’s exchange referral links to both parties do the offer with each other’s referrals.

Now, while I do see the referral link generator without ever agreeing to their terms and sending a GMT, does it work? Will I still keep my eligibility to be referred to it?

Also, where’s these rate discounts? I can’t see it... still the crappy exchange rate but doesn’t discourage me from not doing it.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3802 posts
1180 upvotes
Ontario
$16USD receive fee in my Wells Fargo US account. Kind of expected it but it still sucks, hopefully Simplii credits properly and I should still be up $50 based on 1.44 exchange rate. ($50+25=75-(16x1.44)=$51.96 profit.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1735 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
IEpicDestroyer wrote: When you say pair up with someone else who’s doing this the first time as well, basically it’s exchange referral links to both parties do the offer with each other’s referrals.

Now, while I do see the referral link generator without ever agreeing to their terms and sending a GMT, does it work? Will I still keep my eligibility to be referred to it?

Also, where’s these rate discounts? I can’t see it... still the crappy exchange rate but doesn’t discourage me from not doing it.
That would be an awesome deal for pair of first time users...looking into it :)
Newbie
Mar 5, 2020
3 posts
7 upvotes
nvm..

Top