Hot Deals

[Simplii] Simplii High Interest Savings Account 3.15% till Feb-28-2019!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 7:56 pm
[OP]
Aug 3, 2007
544 posts
204 upvotes

Simplii High Interest Savings Account 3.15% till Feb-28-2019!

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 28, 2019
Retailer:
Simplii
https://www.simplii.com/en/bank-account ... vings.html

High Interest Savings Account
Grow your savings with 3.15%* interest
Earn bonus interest on new deposits. Offer ends February 28, 2019.

*The Simplii FinancialTM promotional interest offer (the “Offer”) is available between November 1, 2018 – February 28, 2019 (the “Offer Period”) to savings accounts: Eligible Savings Accounts and Eligible Registered Savings Accounts (as defined below). For existing savings account holders, to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enrol during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by selecting the “accept” button for e-mail offers or by calling 1-888-236-5999 to complete enrolment. Account holders who do not have a Simplii Financial savings account as at October 31, 2018 will be automatically enrolled for the Offer if they open a Simplii Financial savings account during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate of 3.15% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by Simplii Financial payable on an Eligible Savings Account or Eligible Registered Savings Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance or Registered Additional Balance, as applicable.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 1st, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited retailer
Thread Summary
Legal

*The Simplii FinancialTM promotional interest offer (the “Offer”) is available between November 1, 2018 – February 28, 2019 (the “Offer Period”) to savings accounts: Eligible Savings Accounts and Eligible Registered Savings Accounts (as defined below). For existing savings account holders, to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enrol during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by selecting the “accept” button for e-mail offers or by calling 1-888-236-5999 to complete enrolment. Account holders who do not have a Simplii Financial savings account as at October 31, 2018 will be automatically enrolled for the Offer if they open a Simplii Financial savings account during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate of 3.15% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by Simplii Financial payable on an Eligible Savings Account or Eligible Registered Savings Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance or Registered Additional Balance, as applicable.

A. Non-Registered Savings Offer

“Eligible Savings Account” means a High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account. Only primary account holders are eligible for the Offer.

1. The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of an Eligible Savings Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2018 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances across all of an account holder’s Eligible Savings Accounts. If an Eligible Savings Account is overdrawn as at October 31, 2018, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in any Simplii Financial deposit account as at October 31, 2018 and are transferred to an Eligible Savings Account during the Offer Period.

2. Promotional Interest will be paid in March 2019 into a single Eligible Savings Account held by a primary account holder. Promotional Interest will not be paid unless at least one of the primary account holder’s Eligible Savings Accounts is active and in good standing as at February 28, 2019. If a primary account holder holds more than one Eligible Savings Account, Promotional Interest will be paid to an Eligible Savings account in the following priority sequence:

a) to the primary account holder’s High Interest Savings Account, if it is active and in good standing; otherwise

b) to the primary account holder’s Savings Account, if it is active and in good standing.

In the event the primary account holder has more than one of the same account type, Promotional Interest will be paid to the account with the most recent date of activity.

B. Registered Savings Offer

“Eligible Registered Savings Account” means a Simplii Financial Daily Interest RRSP Account, RRSP Savings Account and/or Tax -Free Savings Account.

1. The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of an Eligible Registered Savings Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2018 (the “Registered Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Registered Additional Balances across all of an account holder’s Eligible Registered Savings Accounts. If an Eligible Registered Savings Account is overdrawn as at October 31, 2018, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. You can contribute up to your personal contribution limit. A penalty tax applies to all excess contributions. Please contact CRA for your TFSA contribution room or RRSP deduction limit.

2. All Promotional Interest will be paid in March 2019 into a single Eligible Registered Savings Account held by a primary account holder. If an account holder has multiple Eligible Registered Savings Accounts, the Promotional Interest for each Eligible Registered Savings Account will be paid separately into that Eligible Registered Savings Account. Promotional Interest will not be paid into any Eligible Registered Savings Account that is not active and in good standing as at February 28, 2019.

PLEASE NOTE: Eligible Savings Accounts and Eligible Registered Savings Accounts will continue to earn Regular Interest on balances, calculated daily and paid monthly. Promotional Interest and Regular Interest rates are subject to change at any time without notice; visit https://www.simplii.com/en/rates.html for current regular rates.

Additional terms, conditions and limitations apply to the opening of and making deposits into an Eligible Savings Account or Eligible Registered Savings Account. Individuals must meet the criteria set by Simplii Financial to open or hold an Eligible Savings Account or Eligible Registered Savings Account in order to qualify for the Offer. Promotional Interest recipient is solely responsible for any tax consequences associated with the receipt of Promotional Interest. The Promotional Interest cannot be substituted or transferred to a third party. Details are available upon request.

The Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers. Simplii Financial, reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the Offer at any time, for any reason, and revoke the Offer for any customer who appears to be manipulating or abusing the Offer, or is engaged in any suspicious/fraudulent activity. The Offer is subject to the terms and conditions of the Simplii Financial Products and Services Agreement.

“SIMPLII FINANCIAL” and the SIMPLII FINANCIAL DESIGNS are trademarks of CIBC.

Simplii Financial is a division of CIBC. Banking services are not available in Quebec.
319 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5976 posts
1007 upvotes
Mont-Royal
do you have to sign up? In Tangerine, you can see if you are enrolled. In simplii, is there a way?
Last edited by L4cky on Nov 1st, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2302 posts
557 upvotes
Orleans
Finally. I thought they were sleeping.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2018
3432 posts
3353 upvotes
Unless you're throwing a couple of hundred grand at this account, what's the point? Just another no-name bank giving you a temporary rate boost for your patronage.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5217 posts
2183 upvotes
Winnipeg
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 6:55 am
Unless you're throwing a couple of hundred grand at this account, what's the point? Just another no-name bank giving you a temporary rate boost for your patronage.
May be this deal is not for you...
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
3777 posts
1572 upvotes
I logged in and didn't see the offer...
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3247 posts
1136 upvotes
when they count closing account balances for new money, do they only count the one you are primary or even joint account you are not primary? it's not very clear in the t & c
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5217 posts
2183 upvotes
Winnipeg
mech9t5 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 7:43 am
I logged in and didn't see the offer...
Earn 3.15%* interest on new deposits until February 28, 2019. Already have a savings account? Sign up for this offer by calling
1-866-674-5609
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
3777 posts
1572 upvotes
Wpegger wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 7:52 am
Earn 3.15%* interest on new deposits until February 28, 2019. Already have a savings account? Sign up for this offer by calling
1-866-674-5609
What about this?

For existing savings account holders, to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enrol during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by selecting the “accept” button for e-mail offers or by calling 1-888-236-5999 to complete enrolment.
Mar 12, 2006
133 posts
53 upvotes
Just called and they have some technical difficulties, was told to call back again. They are working on fixing the issue. Wow, this is an online bank.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7888 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
Called in, they claim I was already enrolled in a 3% offer, which I can't even see...

Guy enrolled me anyways for the 3.15% and I took screen caps, just in case.
Oct 14, 2015
192 posts
98 upvotes
Halifax, NS
mech9t5 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 7:58 am
What about this?

For existing savings account holders, to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enrol during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking, by selecting the “accept” button for e-mail offers or by calling 1-888-236-5999 to complete enrolment.
Just talked with them this morning although I am a an existing customer with a HISA they are not offering the rate for transfering funds into my HISA from checking. I asked them why the incentive is for me to go elsewhere they maintained the party line only for new money ???

So rate shopping elsewhere ...
Apr 13, 2017
167 posts
31 upvotes
bigdukesixer wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 8:42 am
Just talked with them this morning although I am a an existing customer with a HISA they are not offering the rate for transfering funds into my HISA from checking. I asked them why the incentive is for me to go elsewhere they maintained the party line only for new money ???

So rate shopping elsewhere ...
When I spoke to them, they said its valid for existing savings account as well. However, on any balance above your balance as of Oct 31st.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5096 posts
1157 upvotes
If I take my money out of my TFSA now (2018), I can move it all back to my TFSA when the promo ends (2019) right?
Last edited by rahzel on Nov 1st, 2018 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.