Shopping Discussion

Simply elegant funiture in eglinton square, not so elegant with customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2012 5:16 pm
Mar 12, 2012
2 posts
TORONTO

Simply elegant funiture in eglinton square, not so elegant with customer service

I walked into the store to purchase a mattress from my daughter, was completely ignored for about 20 mins, the store was not busy it was a Sunday Morning. I later called to complain about their customer service and the sales person barked at me and hanged up the phone on me. What if I actually purchase something and something went wrong. My experience is not isolated, research them and you will see my experience is a common theme. I will never shop there again please stay away if you are looking for good customer service.
4 replies
Aug 1, 2005
792 posts
67 upvotes
My experience in 2009 with them was the exact opposite.

I found the couple working there were very approachable, and encouraged me to take my time before making a decision. No matter how many questions I asked, they were happy to answer. It took me about an hour before I settled on a mattress I liked (and could afford).

The delivery was also excellent - the guys were very careful in bringing the mattress in through a very narrow corridor. I have had that corridor scratched by deliveries from other retailers before. They also made sure my mattress was intact and there were no issues before they left - in my experience, unheard of in delivery staff.

I did have an issue with my purchase just after it arrived. I wasn't sure you could exchange a mattress (as I didn't ask), but sure enough - they did - within one business day.

Don't know what happened to you, but I recommend them over all the department stores and specialty stores I tried first.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
I'm not sure why you had to wait to be ignored for 20 minutes, then call back later and file a complaint? To me, that's just extra hassle of having to call back and explain the situation, and you don't win in this situation as you got no help on purchasing the mattress.

I've never shopped there, but sometimes I much prefer to shop and look on my own rather than the sales associate following me and trying to make small talk the entire time. I'd rather look on my own and ask for help when I need it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
I search came to this thread here:

anyone-ever-shop-simply-elegant-furniture-423796/2/ dont bother bumping that thread

It appears that the owner of the company has an account on RFD. Yes there appears to be lots of complaints. I dont know anything about the furniture industry...from what I read on RFD it probably recieves the most complant to customer ratio of most retail businesses.

For someone not helping me when I go into a store with a potential buy...thats their loss.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Aug 25, 2005
862 posts
108 upvotes
Mikechi wrote: I walked into the store to purchase a mattress from my daughter, was completely ignored for about 20 mins, the store was not busy it was a Sunday Morning. I later called to complain about their customer service and the sales person barked at me and hanged up the phone on me. What if I actually purchase something and something went wrong. My experience is not isolated, research them and you will see my experience is a common theme. I will never shop there again please stay away if you are looking for good customer service.

Why would you call to complain to a guy who didn't really care in the first place? :D