Tags:
[OP]
Banned
Oct 14, 2014
127 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto, ON

SIMS 4: Features that are NOT in the game

Here is absolutely EVERYTHING we know about The SIMS 4 so far!

1.Going to work with Sims
2.Create-A-Style-Tool
3. Height customization
4. Hair growth and animation
5. Unlimited levels in build mode (TS4 has three-floor limit)
6. Hair and skin tone customization (all of hair is one color, you must choose from pre-set color options, cannot dye or highlight, skin tones are also pre-set colors)
7. Weather
8. Gradual aging
6 replies
Aug 20, 2009
9099 posts
4393 upvotes
That's just the tip of the iceberg, someone on reddit posted a cutdown list and it was nuts. EA is shipping several games this year that are just cut down versions of older titles.

This game will be DLC'd out the wazoo, I really hope people reject it.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
993 upvotes
Vaughan
Redmask wrote: That's just the tip of the iceberg, someone on reddit posted a cutdown list and it was nuts. EA is shipping several games this year that are just cut down versions of older titles.

This game will be DLC'd out the wazoo, I really hope people reject it.
It's extremely disappointing. NHL 15 was a must buy from me, but now it won't receive a dime. It's disappointing because the gameplay looks great, and improved, but they managed to screw everything else up. ALL they had to do was improve the gameplay, keep everything else the same or slightly better.

Sims 4? Looks great as well. I've been following it for a while now, gameplay and visuals look great, emotions look like a very good addition and building is 10x easier, but there's a huge lack of content. The Sims series is built on the DLC model, but it's unfortunate.

EA makes it extremely easy to pirate their games, and not feel for them at all. I want Sims 4, and I'm very close to buying it, but I can't get over the price. $40 for the base, stripped down game. Then each expansion after that, suddenly you're at $600 for everything.

EA needs competition. How does one of the best selling video games of all time not have competition?
Aug 20, 2009
9099 posts
4393 upvotes
They keep buying the competition. Consolidation in the gaming industry has been an ongoing trend for some time now.

My GF loves the Sims but I told her to skip it this time. I hope others do the same.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
1124 posts
182 upvotes
Whitby
squadz wrote: It's extremely disappointing. NHL 15 was a must buy from me, but now it won't receive a dime. It's disappointing because the gameplay looks great, and improved, but they managed to screw everything else up. ALL they had to do was improve the gameplay, keep everything else the same or slightly better.

Sims 4? Looks great as well. I've been following it for a while now, gameplay and visuals look great, emotions look like a very good addition and building is 10x easier, but there's a huge lack of content. The Sims series is built on the DLC model, but it's unfortunate.

EA makes it extremely easy to pirate their games, and not feel for them at all. I want Sims 4, and I'm very close to buying it, but I can't get over the price. $40 for the base, stripped down game. Then each expansion after that, suddenly you're at $600 for everything.

EA needs competition. How does one of the best selling video games of all time not have competition?
$40? Try $80-$100 with tax at mass retailers:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the ... b5b376en02
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the ... 7036dfen02

Ironically EA recently gave away the complete Sims 2 game with all expansions for free on Origin, and it is arguably the most full featured of the series with the least obtrusive DRM.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
993 upvotes
Vaughan
pessimism wrote: $40? Try $80-$100 with tax at mass retailers:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the ... b5b376en02
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the ... 7036dfen02

Ironically EA recently gave away the complete Sims 2 game with all expansions for free on Origin, and it is arguably the most full featured of the series with the least obtrusive DRM.
Oh, yeah forgot not a lot of people know about Origin Mexico or CDKeys LOL you're correct, even worse.
Aug 20, 2009
9099 posts
4393 upvotes
Reading this guy talk about Sims 4 pissed me off a bit:
If Sims 4 isn't successful there won't be a Sims 5
Such a lame glorified threat. Maybe they should have considered putting some passion into the product and actually improving upon the previous one instead of chopping it up to sell piecemeal. EA is such a frustrating mess of a company, everything they touch turns into a monetization chain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)