Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinemia

$29.99/month for 1 movie a day! 30 movies per month!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 11:04 am
Aug 30, 2006
65 posts
8 upvotes
Owen Sound
NetBOG wrote: To be fair, all of the payment issues seem to be Cineplex' fault, not Sinemia. I've heard very few stories about Landmark or Atom Tickets denying payment. The denial and clawback of Scene points is also on Cineplex.

Sinemia is definitely not a great company to deal with. They offer no support, and they change terms at will, but if you are willing to put up with it, they offer significant value, particularly to people who can/will use Landmark theatres.
To be fair, read their Twitter. It's all theatres, Atom included. Not just cineplex. I suspect the payment method they offer doesn't always have the money on it to support all the tickets.
Aug 30, 2006
65 posts
8 upvotes
Owen Sound
MontrealParis wrote: No I've sent 3 complaints so far through the website and didn't get any answer except for automated emails telling me they received my messages and would get back to me soon.
Bombard them with with emails. Every day, once or twice. Be relentless. I was able to get them to finally get them to reverse the ticket I couldn't use so that it didn't count against my 3 in a month. Then I got another ticket allotment. They say they'll reverse the processing fees but I haven''t seen it yet. Only problem I have no is that I was told they'd bump up the end date I can use the tickets. I choose 3 movies a month because there's only 3 movies in a month I want to see. Giving me more free movies within the same month just doesn't solve my issue.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2017
191 posts
48 upvotes
oh shit all downvoters from rfd gathering here
Dec 4, 2016
574 posts
477 upvotes
Montreal
imbored1169 wrote: Bombard them with with emails. Every day, once or twice. Be relentless. I was able to get them to finally get them to reverse the ticket I couldn't use so that it didn't count against my 3 in a month. Then I got another ticket allotment. They say they'll reverse the processing fees but I haven''t seen it yet. Only problem I have no is that I was told they'd bump up the end date I can use the tickets. I choose 3 movies a month because there's only 3 movies in a month I want to see. Giving me more free movies within the same month just doesn't solve my issue.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!
Thanks. I sent them 5 emails and still no answer. They haven't given me my 2 tickets back from last month and I can use my 3 tickets from this month but payment on the cineplex app keeps failing and it's the only place so far where I've been able to use Sinemia in québec (they say on their website that it works with local cinemas but I've tried many and it didn't work once).
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1123 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sinemia had the audacity to dispute the credit card charge back that I started... Now I'm having issues getting half my money back. I might end up being scammed by them and lose the full year of payments :/
Jun 3, 2007
579 posts
211 upvotes
Scarborough
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
MoreDealsPlease wrote: Sinemia had the audacity to dispute the credit card charge back that I started... Now I'm having issues getting half my money back. I might end up being scammed by them and lose the full year of payments :/
Same here, and they didn't reply my email
Jun 14, 2009
7 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
How did you end up getting your money back? I signed up their annual membership thinking they couldn't change the plan if I had paid for a year in advance but they started adding the processing fee on every advance ticket and on top of that, now they're denying my login because they cannot verify my ID. I still have another 3 months to go Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Images
  • Screenshot_20190312-225021.png
  • Screenshot_20190312-225038.png
  • Screenshot_20190315-111903.png
  • Screenshot_20190317-113509.png
  • Screenshot_20190317-114030.png
Jun 14, 2009
7 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Any chance you can tell me how you got your refund back? I've signed up for an annual membership and I'd really like to get my money back right now...