Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sinemia

Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
blackston3 wrote: ↑ 🤬🤬🤬
Pouting FacePouting FacePouting Face

They only thing still positive about this and they go ahead and ruin it.

Wait what? I'm on a month by month plan, so will it be 90 days or until my next 30 days are up (just one month)?

This doesn't make sense
This is quite confusing. I'm also on month to month, does it mean so it 90 days, 30 days, or until we give up our month to month plans which could be 2 years from now? I also think it's funny that they are taking physical cards away and then calling it a bonus.

I didn't get this notice either. For those that did get the notice, do you have a physical card as well as cardless? Or just the physical card and no cardless?
Mar 4, 2016
448 posts
276 upvotes
silverele wrote: ↑ This is quite confusing. I'm also on month to month, does it mean so it 90 days, 30 days, or until we give up our month to month plans which could be 2 years from now? I also think it's funny that they are taking physical cards away and then calling it a bonus.

I didn't get this notice either. For those that did get the notice, do you have a physical card as well as cardless? Or just the physical card and no cardless?
I have only used a physical card. I'm on an annual plan
Apr 18, 2008
918 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
I think the fees begin near the end of January for monthly members. If you have an annual membership, then at the end of the subscription or near the end of January if the sub ends before then.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
Saturate wrote: ↑ I think the fees begin near the end of January for monthly members. If you have an annual membership, then at the end of the subscription or near the end of January if the sub ends before then.
Do you have just the physical card or the physical card and cardless? Just trying to see if everyone is going to get the notice.
Apr 18, 2008
918 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
I have the card on a monthly membership.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
silverele wrote: ↑ Do you have just the physical card or the physical card and cardless? Just trying to see if everyone is going to get the notice.
Also got the email.

On a physical card plan by the month
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
Saturate wrote: ↑I have the card on a monthly membership.
blackston3 wrote: ↑
Also got the email.

On a physical card plan by the month
And neither of you have cardless access?

I'm trying to see if I have the right theory, that people who got notices only have physical cards and not also cardless. I have both the physical card and cardless activated and I did not get a notice, at least not yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2460 posts
2960 upvotes
Toronto, ON
silverele wrote: ↑ And neither of you have cardless access?

I'm trying to see if I have the right theory, that people who got notices only have physical cards and not also cardless. I have both the physical card and cardless activated and I did not get a notice, at least not yet.
Yup, I don't have the cardless feature with my account. Been using the physical card since March
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1299 posts
1661 upvotes
Got the email. FYI:
Dear Sinemia user,

We’ve got great news to share!

At Sinemia, we strive to provide the best movie-going experience possible and we always think of ways to develop what we offer. In our journey, we introduced advance ticket feature, 3D-IMAX-4DX option, flexible tiered plans, plans for couples and more to elevate your movie-going experience.

Sinemia Cardless, Effortless

In May, we introduced Sinemia Cardless which eliminated the need of a physical Sinemia card and the Cardless adoption rate of existing physical card owners exceeded our expectations.

Sinemia Cardless, effortless way of enjoying Sinemia, is designed to make getting your movie tickets online simpler and maximize your movie-going experience.

Now, only a small group of our members currently use physical Sinemia cards and more than 96% of our customers are already using Cardless. This had been a great transition period and now we’re fully implementing this new feature: As of October 30th 23:59 PDT, all physical Sinemia cards will be depreciated and all members will be using the new convenient Sinemia Cardless.

As an added bonus and to make sure you are all set for Sinemia Cardless, we’ll ensure all our existing physical card users that are affected by this transition will not have to pay any convenience fees & processing fees at least for the next 90 days beginning October 30th or until the end of their current monthly/annual plans.

By fully integrating Sinemia Cardless into all Sinemia subscriptions we will be able to give our members the power to get their movie tickets wherever they are, whenever they want, in a more secure way - in other words, the card will be in the app, accessible on their mobile devices.

Using Sinemia Cardless is almost the same as the old process, you will continue to get your tickets online under Planning tab as you have always done. The app will guide you through the steps and once complete, you’ll receive a one-time only payment information in order to make the purchase online, every time you want.

That’s all! Now it’s the best time to enjoy more movies with Sinemia.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
BlackXstar wrote: ↑ Got the email. FYI:
Thanks for the full text of the email!

Can you also let me know if you have cardless activated as well as physical?
Jul 31, 2012
751 posts
1069 upvotes
Toronto
silverele wrote: ↑ Thanks for the full text of the email!

I'm on a monthly plan, physical card and NO cardless and got the email
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1299 posts
1661 upvotes
silverele wrote: ↑ Thanks for the full text of the email!

still only physical access for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
pkeep22 wrote: ↑ I'm on a monthly plan, physical card and NO cardless and got the email
Ok, so far 4 responses from people who got notices that said they only had physical cards. This appears to be the targeted group for the all important notice.

I guess we can assume that all physical cards will be deactivated on October 30 whether you have received a notice or not.

It'll also be interesting to see if only those that got notices will have their fees waived or if that waiver will be extended to everyone who's ever had a physical card, regardless of if they have cardless now or not. I guess either way, it's a temporary bandage and we all lose in the long run. We all equally get charged a fee now, thanks Sinemia for the bonus!

I remember reading somewhere that you could order a card in the future, but I guess that's all bs too.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
1326 posts
250 upvotes
hmm so now you're forced to buy the tickets online and not in person anymore. guess this is what happens when moviepass is going bankrupt
Oct 19, 2002
625 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
I know that Cineplex does not have control over the ads that are being shown on their website, but this one is so ironic given the circumstances...
Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 10.57.03 PM.png
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1494 posts
1206 upvotes
Edmonton
Received an e-mail from sinemia that my physical card will cease to wok October 31st but I would not be charged convenience fees for 90 days =(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
8346 posts
1087 upvotes
Edmonton
I also have a physical card and received the email. I'm on an annual plan and avoided the fee recently by buying in theatre twice. While it's nice they are claiming they won't charge me the fee till the end of my annual plan, I should have never been subjected to it in the first place.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
Hellfire wrote: ↑ I also have a physical card and received the email. I'm on an annual plan and avoided the fee recently by buying in theatre twice. While it's nice they are claiming they won't charge me the fee till the end of my annual plan, I should have never been subjected to it in the first place.
Yes, that's poor business practice from Sinemia.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
plznote wrote: ↑ I used it a couple months ago with no problems.
Did you try using the Virgin Mobile code 2 for 1 with the Sinemia card in October, 2018 as well? Has anyone else tried it recently to see if that works and let us know?

Would that violate any of the Sinemia terms? I don't think as it's really just combining the promo and still paying for one ticket via Sinemia. Unless Sinemia states specifically that you are not allowed to use their card in combination with other promo, there's really no reason why it shouldn't work with the Virgin promo code.

Virgin Promo code expires December 13, 2018.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
Palidino wrote: ↑ How come are people getting banned? I have 2 accounts 2 people 2 movies/month. I didn’t make my money back yet. And I don’t want to be banned
A household can have more than two people. If you own more than 2 cards and names are slightly different, I don't know if that would really constitute a violation of their terms. I don't think you have to worry if you do proper ticket purchase and check-in. People who get banned are usually the extreme cases, multiple violations of their terms, or serious violation of a specific term.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)