Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Sinemia] Sinemia promo for 2 tickets from $9.99 mth, including premium showings (similar to MoviePass)

Aug 23, 2015
388 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
pkphilip wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:32 pm
Based on how quickly Cineplex clawed back the scene points, I am sure whatever payment issues we have with Sinemia, Cineplex has something to do with it.
I've never had a single payment issue using Atom or Landmark, so ya, I'd say there's a 99% chance the issue is on Cineplex' side. And at least a 75% chance it's entirely on purpose.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1667 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
NetBOG wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 8:47 pm
I've never had a single payment issue using Atom or Landmark, so ya, I'd say there's a 99% chance the issue is on Cineplex' side. And at least a 75% chance it's entirely on purpose.
The ticket buying process with Cineplex has been smoother over the last few weeks. No declined messages for my last 3 purchases, although I still used Fast Pay. I hate it when I get declined messages when just trying to add the card as a payment method.

Probably not coincidentally, the last few weeks is when the physical cards and permanent virtual cards started to be distributed and received by US customers. There's probably a lot less recycling happening now.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1477 posts
720 upvotes
Markham
Maybe it's been answered but I'll ask anyways. I know I can buy an advanced premium ticket a few days out, but can we do it for several weeks out? Captain Marvel tickets for March 7 are available now, so if I buy, does it come out of my current cycle's "premium showing" (assume I buy IMAX) or will it count in whatever cycle I am in when I check-in March 7?

Anyhow, my cycle resets today but my premium doesn't reset until Jan 26, so it's kind of a moot point unless I can buy Captain Marvel premium for March 7 and make sure I don't go to a premium post-February 7?

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1667 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
HDawg wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:35 pm
Maybe it's been answered but I'll ask anyways. I know I can buy an advanced premium ticket a few days out, but can we do it for several weeks out? Captain Marvel tickets for March 7 are available now, so if I buy, does it come out of my current cycle's "premium showing" (assume I buy IMAX) or will it count in whatever cycle I am in when I check-in March 7?

Anyhow, my cycle resets today but my premium doesn't reset until Jan 26, so it's kind of a moot point unless I can buy Captain Marvel premium for March 7 and make sure I don't go to a premium post-February 7?
You can buy many weeks out, but you can only have 1 active advanced ticket going at a time. If you buy a movie that is 2 months away, then you can't buy another ticket until after you watch Captain Marvel.

So far, the cycle you buy your ticket in is the one where it counts against.
May 31, 2006
594 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone been hit with a $3.60 processing fee for 2 people from sinemia and then another $3.60 fee from cineplex?
Went on Saturday and forgot to checkin when we got there. Checked credit card statement today and cineplex charged an extra $3.60. If its because I forgot to checkin then fine but never had a double charge before.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1667 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
rsxonly wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:06 pm
Anyone been hit with a $3.60 processing fee for 2 people from sinemia and then another $3.60 fee from cineplex?
Went on Saturday and forgot to checkin when we got there. Checked credit card statement today and cineplex charged an extra $3.60. If its because I forgot to checkin then fine but never had a double charge before.
That is odd, are you sure it's from Cineplex? I bought a ticket last week and did not get a charge from Cineplex. Cineplex should not be able to charge you directly if you don't have your personal credit card information saved to the account. Once you have your ticket, there shouldn't be any additional charges.
Mar 31, 2017
601 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver
HDawg wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:35 pm

Buy advance ticket on Sinemia app for a movie this week (or next), go to the cinema and swap ticket to Captain Marvel and then just make sure you check-in in the Sinemia app on the day/time you purchased the original ticket
Mar 13, 2018
218 posts
99 upvotes
GabbyWC wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 2:14 pm
If you log in to your account, click on the extend membership link and remove the current Sinemia promo code that's filled in by default, you can renew your subscription at the lower price that you originally signed up with.
OMG IT WORKED. HOW DO I BLESS YOU?!
Gonna sign up later tonight.. For another year... Pray for me everyone. Face With Tears Of Joy
Oct 5, 2017
211 posts
56 upvotes
Used my sinemia for the first time again since November and it is still working for me! Any news if Canada will get a physical card? And do they auto renew yearly? I'm planning to cancel it once my yearly membership expires
Mar 31, 2017
601 posts
224 upvotes
Vancouver
Chandlerparsons wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 10:12 am
Used my sinemia for the first time again since November and it is still working for me! Any news if Canada will get a physical card? And do they auto renew yearly? I'm planning to cancel it once my yearly membership expires
Canada will get the cards as well but there's no ETA on it as of now

Also, your subscription will auto-renew unless you log into your account and cancel the subscription beforehand (you could even cancel it now and the subscription will only be cancelled when your current plan ends)
Jul 20, 2007
106 posts
18 upvotes
Would anyone still suggest getting Sinemia at this point??
I’m late to the game but have some family members who go to the movies a lot.

I can’t figure if people are still using this just to finish their yearly subscriptions,or will renew even with the issues over the past while.
Aug 23, 2015
388 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
gphammer wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 5:36 pm
Would anyone still suggest getting Sinemia at this point??
I’m late to the game but have some family members who go to the movies a lot.

I can’t figure if people are still using this just to finish their yearly subscriptions,or will renew even with the issues over the past while.
You can still get great savings but you need to go in with your eyes open.

Make sure your theatre is on the list they serve (Cineplex and Landmark are usually covered, but people have real issues with Cineplex)
If it's for family, understand the rules around the family accounts (you can't use ticket one at a time, if it's a 'for 2' account, both tickets must be used on the same movie)
Some people who want multiple tickets to the same show have multiple accounts. If you do this, they need to be on separate phones and use separate CC.
The phone the account is registered to must be at or around the theatre at approx (+/- 2hrs) movie time for check in.
Buying tickets in the theatre near showtime has led to frustration because the system sometimes takes a while to work.
There is a 'initiation fee' for new accounts. All new accounts appear to be monthly at this point. They will also ask for money to activate immediately, otherwise it takes 2 weeks before you can use it the first time.
Each ticket is assessed a $1.80 fee (you will be charged twice for 'for 2')

I get good savings because I use all the allotted tickets. If you aren't going to do that, I'd just avoid signing up. At this point I'm paying about $4.75 including fees for each ticket. If I don't use both every month, its not worth it.

Buying gift cards at a reduced rate (They were 30% off over holidays, I think 20% off normally) could save you money.

Basically, if you're willing to put up with all that, there is significant savings to be had.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1699 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 5:32 pm
Based on how quickly Cineplex clawed back the scene points, I am sure whatever payment issues we have with Sinemia, Cineplex has something to do with it.
Neither Sinemia nor Cineplex takes responsibility for the payment issue, so I don't think anyone knows where the issue is. But you are right on one thing, the scene points claw-back is definitely Cineplex doing.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28064 posts
969 upvotes
Dildo, NL
AlliiMariie wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:29 pm
HOW DO I BLESS YOU?!...
LOL...

who did it better?

@netbog, even if you miss a couple shows, for the 2 that are premium, your saying $4.75 is not much lower than what you're paying for them outside the plan? If that's the case, then yes of course it makes sense, but for us it would be the $20/ticket alternative. We missed 2 MONTHS LOL., SADLY, I think we're just barely still saving, but definitely lost a large portion of the savings :(. I knew going in that there was a strong chance we'd miss a couple movies, but I wanted to get it to force us to make time & change things up so rolled the dice. OH well.

#Blessed
PayTM - Redeemed $10
PC Plus Tally & now SDM Opt: $3380 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

GabbyWC, Hellfire