Hot Deals

[Sinope] SInope Mi-Wi devices on sale (switch, thermostat, load controller, gateway, $50, $40, $60, $50) - Till June 15

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 1:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2660 posts
870 upvotes

SInope Mi-Wi devices on sale (switch, thermostat, load controller, gateway, $50, $40, $60, $50) - Till June 15

Deal Link:
Savings:
35% to 45%
Expiry:
June 15, 2021
Retailer:
Sinope
For those using the older Mi-Wi Sinope stuff, this is a good sale, these are (were) never on sale really.
I picked up 2 more thermostats.

https://www.sinopetech.com/en/mi-wi-clearance/

Edit: correction Mi-Wi (not Mi-Fi)
Last edited by vodka on Jun 8th, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 replies
Jan 3, 2008
282 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria
What is Mi-Wi? Do they need a special hub of some kind?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2660 posts
870 upvotes
dealsvic wrote: What is Mi-Wi? Do they need a special hub of some kind?
it's their 1st gen which uses the GT125 hub (which is also on salE); so if you are already invested in this, it's a good deal.
Sep 11, 2008
784 posts
466 upvotes
Quebec
If you aren't invested in this, check Hilo
Jan 3, 2008
282 posts
31 upvotes
Victoria
Yeah not a bad deal if you have the hub. My Ring security system has a base station broadcasting another network, but I think it’s Z-wave or something.

Last year their newer thermostats were being sold in 3-packs at Costco that had an energy rebate and also a sale stacked on top… hopefully that happens again.
Feb 1, 2012
539 posts
188 upvotes
Montreal
Gr4v1ty wrote: If you aren't invested in this, check Hilo
So, do you think this would work with HILO?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1523 posts
1193 upvotes
Montreal
bigtezz wrote: Non, si vous n’avez pas déjà investi dans ce système, allez-y avec Hilo, les rabais offerts pour faire parti du programme sont plus qu’intéressants (thermostats Stelpro Maestro)

https://www.hiloenergie.com/fr-ca/notre-offre/
If you decide to get rid of HILO, can you still use the hub, etc. ?
Nov 6, 2006
314 posts
254 upvotes
Coquitlam
darn was hoping these were the zigbee models. I don't think these mi-wi work with smartthings.
Apr 12, 2013
611 posts
531 upvotes
BC
I'm trying to figure this out too. The use of a gateway would imply it's not WiFi, but what is it?
Sep 11, 2008
784 posts
466 upvotes
Quebec
elpaso wrote: If you decide to get rid of HILO, can you still use the hub, etc. ?
I don't see a reason why they would not be useful after you're not with them anymore. Anyway, being with them is only for three years. Then you're free to do whatever you want. You don't need to participate in those challenges after the initial three years.
Nov 4, 2019
9 posts
3 upvotes
Hi!
Some of the Mi-Wi devices are indeed compatible with Hydro-Québec's dynamic pricing programs through the Éco Sinopé functionality available in the Neviweb app.
To check which devices are compatible with Éco SInopé, check out this page: https://support.sinopetech.com/en/neviweb/5.4/
For more info about Éco Sinopé, it's here: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/eco-sinope/

**IMPORTANT NOTE** Mi-Wi devices are discontinued and it will not be possible to get more once the quantities are sold out. (So the sale is best for users who want to complete their existing Mi-Wi smart home ecosystem, or if you wish to equip a new location with a specific number of devices.)
Nov 4, 2019
9 posts
3 upvotes
Hello everyone!
Of note, if you intend to benefit from these amazing Mi-Wi sales :

**Mi-Wi devices are discontinued and it will not be possible to get more once the quantities are sold out.**

(This sale is best for users who want to complete their existing Mi-Wi smart home ecosystem, or if you wish to equip a new location with a specific number of devices. But as mentioned: all Mi-Wi devices are being discontinued, so make sure to buy ALL the devices you need now for a new location.)
Apr 12, 2013
611 posts
531 upvotes
BC
Huge thanks for posting SinopeTech! You have some beautifully designed products, and what I really need are switches, so...

Can you please explain what MiWi is! Is it zigbee, wifi or proprietary and will devices work with other gateways, e.g. Hubitat? Couldn't find an explanation on the site.
Last edited by AndrewBond on Jun 10th, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 4, 2007
604 posts
418 upvotes
SinopeTech wrote: Hello everyone!
Of note, if you intend to benefit from these amazing Mi-Wi sales :

**Mi-Wi devices are discontinued and it will not be possible to get more once the quantities are sold out.**

(This sale is best for users who want to complete their existing Mi-Wi smart home ecosystem, or if you wish to equip a new location with a specific number of devices. But as mentioned: all Mi-Wi devices are being discontinued, so make sure to buy ALL the devices you need now for a new location.)
Hello SinopeTech! I was wondering, do you have a basic WIFI thermostat that can connect to Google Home, and is powerful enough to control electric baseboard heaters? BC resident here. Thanks
Nov 4, 2019
9 posts
3 upvotes
Hi Mysticode!
Glad you ask the question. And yes, we do!
Our Smart Wi-Fi line voltage thermostat is available in 3,000 and 4,000 W versions and is compatible with the following home automation platforms and assistants: Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, and obviously: Neviweb, our app.
Here's the link to the product page: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/product/s ... -w-4000-w/

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to help!
Feb 4, 2007
604 posts
418 upvotes
SinopeTech wrote: Hi Mysticode!
Glad you ask the question. And yes, we do!
Our Smart Wi-Fi line voltage thermostat is available in 3,000 and 4,000 W versions and is compatible with the following home automation platforms and assistants: Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Samsung SmartThings, and obviously: Neviweb, our app.
Here's the link to the product page: https://www.sinopetech.com/en/product/s ... -w-4000-w/

Let us know if you have any questions, we'll be more than happy to help!
Thanks for that. Is there an easy way to tell what wattage my baseboards are? They are circa 2008, in an apartment.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1938 posts
1808 upvotes
ugh still waiting on the thermostats to go on sale again with the BC credit like last year