None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1829 posts
260 upvotes
Markham

SIRIUS XM Subscription Renewal

i bought a brand new vehicle in 2014 and one of the accessorial things I purchased was a 1 year subscription to this satellite radio. Car only.
I payed in a one time shot for $175 Canadian plus tax, and now I got a notice that I am up for renewal on July 15th and it will be automatic unless I notify them. The price this time is the same amount.
Since I bought it last year I found out that the rate I am paying was high end and the consumer is somewhat in the drivers seat for negotiations. I guess it's like dealing with a cellular or ISP company.
My question is, can anybody tell me if this is indeed the case, and/or perhaps how much do they pay?
I wouldn't dream of cancelling it, as I'm in the car almost an hour a day during the week, and I can't stand repetitive songs and commercials of both Am and FM bands, but I want to try and squeeze something out of them seeing I may have initially been paying too much.
BTW, I am in the GTA if that matters.
Thanks
3 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4131 upvotes
Ottawa
Check hot deals. There's a few gazillion page threads answering your exact questions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1829 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
Cas77 wrote: Check hot deals. There's a few gazillion page threads answering your exact questions.
Awe jezzzz.
I did just that and I just missed out of a good promo that ended June 17th.
I'll continue to hunt around and may use that info for negotiating leverage.
Thanks again
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1829 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
Well, I called them up and wheeled and dealed.and got a 2 year subscription for 210 bucks, taxes everything all in.
Less than 10 bucks a month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)