Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham

SIRIUS XM Subscription Renewal

i bought a brand new vehicle in 2014 and one of the accessorial things I purchased was a 1 year subscription to this satellite radio. Car only.
I payed in a one time shot for $175 Canadian plus tax, and now I got a notice that I am up for renewal on July 15th and it will be automatic unless I notify them. The price this time is the same amount.
Since I bought it last year I found out that the rate I am paying was high end and the consumer is somewhat in the drivers seat for negotiations. I guess it's like dealing with a cellular or ISP company.
My question is, can anybody tell me if this is indeed the case, and/or perhaps how much do they pay?
I wouldn't dream of cancelling it, as I'm in the car almost an hour a day during the week, and I can't stand repetitive songs and commercials of both Am and FM bands, but I want to try and squeeze something out of them seeing I may have initially been paying too much.
BTW, I am in the GTA if that matters.
Thanks
3 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Check hot deals. There's a few gazillion page threads answering your exact questions.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
Cas77 wrote: Check hot deals. There's a few gazillion page threads answering your exact questions.
Awe jezzzz.
I did just that and I just missed out of a good promo that ended June 17th.
I'll continue to hunt around and may use that info for negotiating leverage.
Thanks again
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
Well, I called them up and wheeled and dealed.and got a 2 year subscription for 210 bucks, taxes everything all in.
Less than 10 bucks a month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)