• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2020 10:43 am
[OP]
May 27, 2020
130 posts
227 upvotes

SiriusXM get 4 months for free

Hey guys,

Thought I’d give back to this forum. Found amazing deals and hacks here. Finding this place recently took me back to the haydays of forums lol...

Anyway, both SiriusXM .com and .ca is letting people sign up for a 4 month free trial at 0 dollars. However .com let’s you only sign up for the Essential and .ca let’s you sign up for Essential and Premiere at 0 dollars.

:)
63 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1431 posts
3197 upvotes
What's the scam? There's always a scamirius with sirius, always.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7910 posts
8302 upvotes
Calgary
InvaIid wrote: What's the scam? There's always a scamirius with sirius, always.
Looks like you have to call in to cancel. That might be painful.
Apr 27, 2017
109 posts
122 upvotes
Probably have to input a payment method so they can charge you full price at month 5 hoping people wont notice. People aren't commuting as much right now so probably cancelling subscriptions for their vehicles.
Jun 16, 2009
95 posts
247 upvotes
Mississauga
You'll have to call them to cancel it, and they will beg you not to cancel it. And you may think they cancelled it but they'll fail to cancel so at the next billing cycle, they'll give you a "credit" instead for the month they charge you, hoping you forget to cancel again.

Been there.

-_-
Oct 21, 2019
146 posts
256 upvotes
shagg_187 wrote: You'll have to call them to cancel it, and they will beg you not to cancel it. And you may think they cancelled it but they'll fail to cancel so at the next billing cycle, they'll give you a "credit" instead for the month they charge you, hoping you forget to cancel again.

Been there.

-_-
Just cancelled using virgin ip relay way easier then talking to them
Mar 21, 2002
799 posts
87 upvotes
Montreal
OP,
Can you send us a link where it refers to the special offer? I went to their Canadian site and I didn t see any reference to the special you mentioned.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6323 posts
10456 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
pawlusho wrote: OP,
Can you send us a link where it refers to the special offer? I went to their Canadian site and I didn t see any reference to the special you mentioned.
https://www.siriusxm.ca/offer/keep-streaming/

edit: copy and paste the link instead of clicking it as RFD processes it as an affiliate link...
Last edited by pathfinder35 on May 30th, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 13, 2007
95 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Not a bad deal; however I prefer the car trials.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24399 posts
33425 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote:
ThatGuyAgain wrote:
Probably have to input a payment method so they can charge you full price at month 5 hoping people wont notice. People aren't commuting as much right now so probably cancelling subscriptions for their vehicles.
shagg_187 wrote: You'll have to call them to cancel it, and they will beg you not to cancel it. And you may think they cancelled it but they'll fail to cancel so at the next billing cycle, they'll give you a "credit" instead for the month they charge you, hoping you forget to cancel again.

Been there.

-_-
does it work with prepaid credit cards to register? if so, just use one with zero/low balance. also throwaway email when you register. no worries that way.
Images
  • sirius2.jpg
  • sirius1.jpg
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
4022 posts
1997 upvotes
Niagara
Just signed up, thanks for the heads up OP. Pretty painless. Do need to have a card on file. Not too concerned as I’ve had an account for many years with Sirius. It shows first charge will be on Oct 1, 2020 (if I don’t cancel prior).
SammyDavis wrote:

Been there.

-_-
In fairness over the years I’ve called in MANY times to ‘cancel’ and get a better deal, and a few times I’ve actually cancelled. They’ve always been pretty good about it. It can be annoying having to call in, but process really isn’t that bad.
Apr 8, 2018
106 posts
49 upvotes
I have been using the Android app since COVID began on and off and it's been free without any registration
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2855 posts
2543 upvotes
Toronto
What are your favorite channels?
Aug 8, 2010
322 posts
245 upvotes
Quebec
After many years, I decided to cancel my sub since I don’t use it enough. I only called once, and the rep did try to convince me but two firm “no” was all it took. I’ve since been receiving monthly email reminder that I should do something if I don’t want to “loose” my service on X date.
I think they cleaned up their act, fear not.
[OP]
May 27, 2020
130 posts
227 upvotes
sprung wrote: does it work with prepaid credit cards to register? if so, just use one with zero/low balance. also throwaway email when you register. no worries that way.
It did for me. I live in Canada but used one of my many prepaid visas from the days when I lived in LA and it went through. Fake name fake address only the email was real because they want you to verify it and done.
May 26, 2020
69 posts
36 upvotes
sprung wrote: does it work with prepaid credit cards to register? if so, just use one with zero/low balance. also throwaway email when you register. no worries that way.
The prepaid card is the answer here for sure. Great idea.
[OP]
May 27, 2020
130 posts
227 upvotes
zobi123 wrote: What are your favorite channels?
I used it for talk radio mainly and sports so CanadaTalks (167), Npr (122), ESPN, ESPN xtra, fox sports (83), potus (124), c-span radio (455) lol and a few others
Jun 10, 2013
134 posts
49 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
Why is it I only see the Alexa deal for 5.88 a month?
Nov 11, 2007
69 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Subbed and upvoted. Reminder in calendar to cancel September.