Expired Hot Deals

[SiriusXM] SiriusXM - 12 months for $5/month and FREE Amazon Echo Dot

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2020 12:11 am
Mar 14, 2014
7 posts
Toronto
Thanks OP - all of 10 minutes to get $5/month for 12 months plus the dot. Called and cancelled - said renewal was to much. They offered $112, I said to much and that hey had a deal on their site which he offered for 6 months. I asked for 12 and he agreed. No hassle really easy.
Thanks all.
Dec 11, 2008
358 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone signing up for this offer $5/month + Echo DOT:
The deal should also include the SiriusXM Select package + Online audio and video streaming.

I've never used the audio streaming nor the video packages in the past but considering that it's included and the Echo DOT can stream the audio channels, it's definitely worth a shot.
Aug 14, 2010
593 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. My subscription was ending on December 20th. Just renewed it for a year. The lady over the phone told me it'll come to $5.39/month all in. And I got my offer for the free echo dot about 10 mins after hanging up.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21177 posts
10622 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
They won’t budge on my account via live chat.

Best they’ll give me is 12 months for $144 plus taxes and fees :(

Might need to call in and cancel then resubscribe
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8205 posts
4757 upvotes
Kootenays
nasa25 wrote: They won’t budge on my account via live chat.

That's your best bet. Ask for cancellations/retentions and tell them your going to cancel as the service is too much for your budget, but that you would stay if you can get this promo. It has worked for many of us.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21177 posts
10622 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
smacd wrote: That's your best bet. Ask for cancellations/retentions and tell them your going to cancel as the service is too much for your budget, but that you would stay if you can get this promo. It has worked for many of us.
sweet. thx. gonna try that now.

Edit - got it :)
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jul 26, 2003
145 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
nasa25 wrote: They won’t budge on my account via live chat.

Exactly what happened to me. Live chat just agreed to continue the subscription for $5/mo but without the free Echo Dot, so I cancelled. I resubscribed online and it worked.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1260 posts
529 upvotes
North York, ON
Term was ending Jan. 2020. Called in and asked to cancel. When asked why told them it was too expensive. After several back and forths I mentioned the AMAZONDOT5M promo. She looked at it and applied it= Success and I thanked OP.
At this price I wouldn't mind signing up for 10 years :-)
Jan 7, 2019
95 posts
30 upvotes
I called few weeks ago they wouldn't help saw this thread was like crap my special offer going to end on jan 22...Howard Stern only offered on the best package 'all access' for siriusxm canada. All Access is reg price like $22+ fees and tax and fees going up few dollars or something after Jan. The key is when called in hit cancel service option than talk with that person last time I went customer service I think and didn't get any offer at all. Tonight the rep gave 1 year all access for $99 came to $115 everything and its before any jan fee hike only thing i lost a month of paid for service but it works out to like $5 or so lost with the $3 price hike coming so pretty deeecent in the words of bubbles. No free dot but I just wanted Stern but not for $25 a month 8-10 is ok.
Jan 21, 2013
629 posts
154 upvotes
in a bubble
a wee problem.....hubby had his radio replaced, so new ID #...HOW do I change this in my account? should I call them or live chat or email?.....
Mar 7, 2011
522 posts
364 upvotes
Brampton
Code: AMAZON499M

Save 70% when compared to the regular monthly rate of $16.99 and enjoy listening for 6 months when you subscribe to our XM Select +
Free Amazon Echo Dot package for just 6 months for $4.99 plus fees and taxes.

This package includes:

Commercial-free music

Every MLB® and NBA game

NHL® games, the PGA TOUR®, college sports

24/7 comedy channels

News, talk and entertainment

100+ Xtra channels, available online and on the app, made for any mood, occasion or activity

Thousands of hours of On Demand episodes

In your car, online and on the app*

With SiriusXM video including clips from interviews and performances

Plus, a Free Amazon Echo Dot (3rd Gen)

Enjoy SiriusXM in your home with Amazon Alexa

Tune to channels using just your voice

OFFER DETAILS: Save 70% when compared to the regular monthly rate of $16.99 and enjoy the savings for 6 months when you subscribe to our Select package for $4.99/month plus fees and taxes. A Music Royalty and Administrative Fee of 14.2% of your subscription price applies. Subscribe and get a free Echo Dot (shipping charges and taxes may apply) while supplies last. Service will automatically renew every month thereafter and, at the beginning of the 7th month, you will be charged at then-current rates plus fees and taxes at the time of each renewal. If you cancel or terminate your Select subscription during the first 6 months, you will be charged a $70.00 EARLY TERMINATION FEE. Please see our Customer Agreement for complete terms and how to cancel, which includes calling us at 1-888-539-7474.

SiriusXM uses your personal information in accordance with our Privacy Policy. All fees and programming are subject to change. This offer is presented exclusively by Sirius XM Radio Inc. This offer cannot be combined with any other. This offer may be modified or terminated at any time. Offer good only on your radio identified above and for new subscriptions only. Offer is limited to 1 Echo Dot redemption when you purchase a new subscription on the radio identified above.
Mar 7, 2011
522 posts
364 upvotes
Brampton
Important Notice: Effective January 8, 2020, we are increasing the rate of the Music Royalty and Administrative Fee from 14.2% to 17.9%. This change will be effective on your first renewal on or following January 8. For more information, please visit siriusxm.ca/2020rates. Promotional plans purchased before January 8th, 2020, will not be subject to a rate or fee increase until the promotional period ends, at which point the applicable increase(s) will apply to the regular monthly rate.
Mar 7, 2011
522 posts
364 upvotes
Brampton
On the fence based on terms and bec. I don’t use service much. If i can only cancel after the 6 mo so getting hit with one $16.99/ mo, and echo dot currently at $29.99, seems like i’m not getting anything for free... works to roughly $3/mo. With dot value...