38 posts
59 upvotes
Southdale, NS
I got the echo dot and the price offered - and I am a customer before hand also
Woot woot can I get a woot woot
Mar 18, 2007
339 posts
119 upvotes
After much run around from them, finally got the dot.
Jul 7, 2003
530 posts
225 upvotes
Got the deal too. I had just renewed last month on a 12 month loyalty rate which wasn't that great to be honest (RFD fail). I called in saying that I reconsidered. They offered me a 6 month loyalty rate for $36+fees & taxes. Then I asked about the promo on their website. The rep said that it was for only certain customers and asked if I had a promo code which I gave them from the first post. After putting me on hold, came back and said that they could process the promo and issued me a credit for 11 months remaining on my current subscription.
Jun 17, 2004
205 posts
23 upvotes
Burlington
Thanks so much, OP! My subscription was about to run out and now I'll be at $6.45 per month with a free Echo Dot!
RFD - You gotta spend money to make money :)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2341 posts
321 upvotes
Burnaby
still don't know how useful for the SiriusXM inside the vehicleFace With Tears Of Joy
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Oct 23, 2018
277 posts
147 upvotes
got this promo, i have to call as the link is working, planning to get the $5/month anyways so getting the echo dot is just a bonus!
i received the promo code to buy it on amazon in a few minutes on my email.

Also they offered me the Stratus 7 for $29.99 _+ tax with free express shipping and free return shipping within 30 days .
I took one as i plan to install it on my dads old vehicle. It has 3 months trial pre-installed anyways so good deal for me.
Now my list is done as i've been having a hard time thinking what my dad need and this fits perfectly.
Nov 28, 2015
54 posts
17 upvotes
Quebec city, QC
Had to call twice. My subscription is about to end (early January)

First thru the French line. No dice, CSR told me it was a code only for new subscribers.

Second call (English line) and explained that wanted to have this offer. He transferred me directly to the retention department. She put me on hold for about 5 mins and everything was ok. I was also credited for the remaining days on the old contract.

So here you go folks, if you want to have it easier call the number choose option 1 for English then option 2 for retention !
Nov 24, 2019
38 posts
59 upvotes
Southdale, NS
I got $5/month for a year they included car and online subscription. Plus the amazon echo dot for free - which I sold privately for $30 while they were still $35 elsewhere - oh and I was/am a current customer with old plan at the time due to expire week before Christmas

Can I get at least just one whoot whoot
Mar 7, 2003
132 posts
24 upvotes
I felt the same but have had it now for two years on good deals. It's always clear. Driving distances you keep the same station. It's worth $5 per month.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3586 posts
3200 upvotes
Muskoka
Got word from a rep on the phone that said come May or so this will be upgraded to the Echo Dot with the clock.

Take it for what it’s worth but it looks like this promo will continue for a while yet.
Public Mobile
Dec 18, 2018
24 posts
28 upvotes
Winnipeg
Arkaine wrote: Thanks OP! Worked flawlessly for me too.

My subscription was ending on Dec 1st:
- Called this number 18885397474
- Waited for the French BS to end
- The system recognized my phone number/account
- Pressed 1 to confirm my account
- Pressed 2 to cancel
- Pressed 2 for not a new car
- Told Neil I wanted to cancel my subscription and sign up for this new promo that I got in the mail
- He asked for the promo code
- I said AMAZONDOT5M
- He put me on hold for 8 minutes then came back and said all was done
- Received a credit for my first bill and my new monthly payment is $6.45/month all-in after their fees
- Amazon Echo Dot code to be sent in 24 hours

Hope this helps others!
I did this exact same thing and it worked for me.
Jun 27, 2009
392 posts
46 upvotes
AnthonyS428750 wrote: I called few weeks ago they wouldn't help saw this thread was like crap my special offer going to end on jan 22...Howard Stern only offered on the best package 'all access' for siriusxm canada. All Access is reg price like $22+ fees and tax and fees going up few dollars or something after Jan. The key is when called in hit cancel service option than talk with that person last time I went customer service I think and didn't get any offer at all. Tonight the rep gave 1 year all access for $99 came to $115 everything and its before any jan fee hike only thing i lost a month of paid for service but it works out to like $5 or so lost with the $3 price hike coming so pretty deeecent in the words of bubbles. No free dot but I just wanted Stern but not for $25 a month 8-10 is ok.
i'm in the same boat as you...mainly listen to Stern and some sports channels....was offered 1 year all access for $128 taxes in....is this good? was on an extended trial for $2.26 in my new car.....or take my chances with alternating free US/Can trials from the other thread?

(i do have a lifetime sub from back in the day but some days it's a pain having to connect with bluetooth and trying to navigate channels)