• Oct 28th, 2020 7:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21150 posts
23369 upvotes
Toronto
Worked flawlessly again today on our 2012 Kia Soul 2U

Q - Can this be used over and over with the same Radio ID but different email address ?

A - YES! Works perfectly. Sometimes you have to wait a few days but never fails to activate once more.

Q - No need to cancel before 3 months because they don't have CC on file?

A - Exactly. Just let the trial expire and do it all again . Repeat every 3 months.

Q - No risk of them sending you a bill/messing with your credit history?

None, people use a variety of address/names from the internet to fill out the address fields. No bills can come your way. No CC on file ever
Images
  • 20200910_172145.jpg
Last edited by sprung on Sep 11th, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Jul 7, 2020
11 posts
2 upvotes
Can this be used over and over with the same Radio ID but different email address ?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
3244 posts
1043 upvotes
Ontario
No need to cancel before 3 months because they don't have CC on file?

No risk of them sending you a bill/messing with your credit history?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (1.9%, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5604 posts
1709 upvotes
baloux32 wrote: Can this be used over and over with the same Radio ID but different email address ?
Yes.
Penalty Box
Feb 23, 2004
5604 posts
1709 upvotes
minimalist wrote: No need to cancel before 3 months because they don't have CC on file?

I’ve just let my trial expire and then sign up for a new one.

How can they send me a bill and affect my credit history when they can’t find me?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1764 posts
2616 upvotes
baloux32 wrote: Can this be used over and over with the same Radio ID but different email address ?
Correct. But temp emails don't seem to work anymore. See my post earlier about using a period with a gmail account.
minimalist wrote: No need to cancel before 3 months because they don't have CC on file?

Correct. You just wait until your trial runs out. Then sign up again with a new email. No way to be billed as you've given no financial info.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2729 posts
40 upvotes
Second time for me . And again it worked . Had to change my name and e-mail though .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8652 posts
12161 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Correct. But temp emails don't seem to work anymore. See my post earlier about using a period with a gmail account.

Correct. You just wait until your trial runs out. Then sign up again with a new email. No way to be billed as you've given no financial info.
Actually no, you cannot sign up once your trial ends, you need to wait about 6-9 months before it will allow your Radio ID again. (unless they changed things recently)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1764 posts
2616 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Actually no, you cannot sign up once your trial ends, you need to wait about 6-9 months before it will allow your Radio ID again. (unless they changed things recently)
It only takes a day or two. Some people same day even.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2180 posts
466 upvotes
Red Deer
Caerus wrote: It only takes a day or two. Some people same day even.
Yep. I was able to sign up again on the same day my trial expired.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8652 posts
12161 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Actually no, you cannot sign up once your trial ends, you need to wait about 6-9 months before it will allow your Radio ID again. (unless they changed things recently)
Caerus wrote:
It only takes a day or two. Some people same day even.
Rob76 wrote:
Yep. I was able to sign up again on the same day my trial expired.
Thanks for confirming, so I don't understand why I always had to wait so long between sign-ups.
mark_in_2k wrote: Or use the same 3 month trial using the US link. I alternate between the Cdn and US trials.
I always went with the USA promo, so maybe this is why I had to wait 6-9 months before I was able to sign up again???
Oct 29, 2006
487 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
Worked for me after signing up again a day later
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1034 posts
404 upvotes
Is there a way to get traffic/weather? Apparently even a new car trial doesn't come with it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8652 posts
12161 upvotes
devastata wrote: Worked for me after signing up again a day later
Did you use your VIN, or Radio ID?

I always used my Radio ID, and was never able to do back to back trials, and always had to give it 6+ months in between.