527 upvotes

FREE Online Streaming SiriusXM until Feb 7

Deal Link:
Savings:
Expiry:
February 7, 2018
Retailer:
SiriusXM
From now until Feb 7, you can stream SirusXM for free on their App or through the web browser on your computer. No signing up or logging in required!

Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 2nd, 2018 8:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: sorry, link didn't work for me either
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9567 posts
1112 upvotes
GTA
Thanks but the link doesn't work because of RFD's ad network. It says that the ad network doesn't advertise for SiriusXM

Not sure how to post the SiriusXM link without their referral on it.

Going to try by selecting "do not automatically parse URLs under advanced settings:
www.siriusxm.ca
Banned
Mar 23, 2008
346 posts
496 upvotes
GTA
Every time I try these free promos I remember why I don't bother with Sat radio anymore (TOO much talking and repeat songs!) and appreciate pushing random playlist on my google music subscription.
Last edited by Scorpiate on Feb 2nd, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2185 posts
527 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Thanks but the link doesn't work because of RFD's ad network. It says that the ad network doesn't advertise for SiriusXM

Going to try by selecting "do not automatically parse URLs under advanced settings:
www.siriusxm.ca
Tried that, the link still doesn't work :-( Will just have to type the link in or Google the link.
Scorpiate wrote: Every time I try these free promos I remember why I don't bother with Sat radio anymore (TOO many commercials and repeat songs!) and appreciate pushing random playlist on my google music subscription.
There are no actual commercials on the music channel, occasionally they advertise their other SiriusXM stuff, but no products for sale. The talk stations are a different story. Some have a lot of commercials (CNN, Fox News) and some have a few (Howard, P.O.T.U.S. etc). I wouldn't get SiriusXM for the music, although some stations are nice (80's on 8, Coffee House, POP Rocks etc...) but the talk channels are excellent.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9567 posts
1112 upvotes
GTA
I reported the post to Mods in hopes that they can change the link for you OP.

I haven't listened to a trial in a while. I enjoy listening to Humble and Fred's morning show (yeah, remember those guys on CFNY years ago...). I listen to the podcast (back a few episodes right now) and I probably won't listen too much live but if you are looking for something to listen to it is on Canada Laughs (168) from 7am to 9am during the week.
Banned
Mar 23, 2008
346 posts
496 upvotes
GTA
Thrasher wrote: There are no actual commercials on the music channel, occasionally they advertise their other SiriusXM stuff, but no products for sale. The talk stations are a different story. Some have a lot of commercials (CNN, Fox News) and some have a few (Howard, P.O.T.U.S. etc). I wouldn't get SiriusXM for the music, although some stations are nice (80's on 8, Coffee House, POP Rocks etc...) but the talk channels are excellent.
Ok let me rephrase this... TOO much TALKING on music stations.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2418 posts
2324 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote: Thanks but the link doesn't work because of RFD's ad network. It says that the ad network doesn't advertise for SiriusXM

www.siriusxm.ca
Or people could just type siriusxm.ca into their browser. The offer is front and centre on the entry page.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9567 posts
1112 upvotes
GTA
toronto_slim wrote: Or people could just type siriusxm.ca into their browser.
People might not realize the issue. I have seen it come up before so that is why I was pointing it out. Was trying to help people by making a link that worked but that didn't work.
Oct 31, 2007
3440 posts
485 upvotes
Thanks OP! The iOS app now supports CarPlay as of late last year so I wanted to give it another go. It works good! I actually enjoy a radio type app with talk back options as I find with Apple Music, Spotify etc.. the playlists are either too broad or you have to know what you are looking for. Plus I've been a Stern fan so it's good to have him back! Can't stand terrestial radio, only so much CBC I can handle and the music stations have too many ads!

The trouble is I really just want the App but the plans for that are way too overpriced. I don't want a separate player in my car and my car doesn't have built in Sirius, but it does have CarPlay. Hopefully once the trial is over I can convince them to give me a half decent deal on the App only :P I'm willing to pay as much as Spotify etc.. around $10 but would prefer less! Looks like it costs $15.99 plus fees and taxes to get streaming which is way too high!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2185 posts
527 upvotes
Scorpiate wrote: Ok let me rephrase this... TOO much TALKING on music stations.
Hmm, I did not find that at all, at least when you compare it to terrestrial radio. But I suppose for some even a 30 second ad every 15 minutes can be intrusive. In that case Spotify Premium or Google Play Subscription would indeed be your best option.
Last edited by Thrasher on Feb 2nd, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2185 posts
527 upvotes
nufan wrote: Thanks OP! The iOS app now supports CarPlay as of late last year so I wanted to give it another go. It works good! I actually enjoy a radio type app with talk back options as I find with Apple Music, Spotify etc.. the playlists are either too broad or you have to know what you are looking for. Plus I've been a Stern fan so it's good to have him back!

The trouble is I really just want the App but the plans for that are way too overpriced. I don't want a separate player in my car and my car doesn't have built in Sirius, but it does have CarPlay. Hopefully once the trial is over I can convince them to give me a half decent deal on the App only :P I'm willing to pay as much as Spotify etc.. around $10 but would prefer less!
The US website Siriusxm.com had a promo just for streaming for $30+taxes and fees for 6 months. I am not sure if the Canadian office will give the same price, because I usually go for radio+streaming and end up paying between $35-42 for 6 months depends on what I "negotiate".

BTW, can someone try if this works with Amazon Alexa in Canada? USA should be supported but not sure about Canada. I don't have an Echo so can't try myself.
Sep 4, 2007
985 posts
418 upvotes
Listening to it now, thanks OP
Oct 31, 2007
3440 posts
485 upvotes
Thrasher wrote: The US website Siriusxm.com had a promo just for streaming for $30+taxes and fees for 6 months. I am not sure if the Canadian office will give the same price, because I usually go for radio+streaming and end up paying between $35-42 for 6 months depends on what I "negotiate".

BTW, can someone try if this works with Amazon Alexa in Canada? USA should be supported but not sure about Canada. I don't have an Echo so can't try myself.
Yeah when I used to subscribe I used to get it for around ~$90-$100 per year, but a couple of years back they seemed to really tighten up. Multiple calls in and I couldn't get them to budge on a decent price, and on top of that they weren't including the app all of a sudden (I had a stand alone radio at the time). That's when I cancelled. I'll definitely be trying for their best offer once the free trial is up! Thanks for the info on the US deal, seems like a good place to start!
Oct 31, 2007
3440 posts
485 upvotes
Well the trial sucked me right back in, mainly because they have Streaming accounts for $30 for 6 months. Will set a reminder and battle in 6 months time :) I think I’m in the minority on this but the free trial confirmed that I much prefer sirius radio to Spotify etc.. Was only charged PST and GST on the $30, no activation or royalty fees
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1438 posts
787 upvotes
Scorpiate wrote: Ok let me rephrase this... TOO much TALKING on music stations.
Compared to FM/AM???
Sirius has way less talky on the music stations by far
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)