[SiriusXM] SiriusXM - 12 months for $5/month and FREE Amazon Echo Dot

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2020 4:26 pm
Dec 7, 2006
358 posts
89 upvotes
Kanata
eldiablo wrote: lol...

Isn't that the same as $77/year ($6.41/month) that you paid last year?
Yes but i get a free echo dot....and its better than the $180 for a year they offered me.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2903 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
Knaw wrote: They sent me a code for an echo, but it doesn't work and amazon said the code was expired before I received it.

Been 12 days and 3 calls with Sirius to resolve, so far it is not solved.
Just as an FYI and may not apply to you but my code was not working but I guessed that it’s one per Amazon account for some reason. Tried it on a second Amazon account and it worked.
Mar 5, 2006
40 posts
11 upvotes
I was able to use this code by calling in. I actually had a month left on my previous subscription and they offered to renew me at $116 for the year. I mentioned the Amazon Echo $5 offer, he put me on hold, and came back on to confirm that he could offer it to me. I am all signed up for just over $6/month. They bill it monthly. Waiting for my Amazon Echo code.

If it doesn't work online, I recommend calling in and quoting the promo code over the phone...worked for me.
Deal Guru
Jan 2, 2006
12216 posts
124 upvotes
GoBuds wrote: I was able to use this code by calling in. I actually had a month left on my previous subscription and they offered to renew me at $116 for the year. I mentioned the Amazon Echo $5 offer, he put me on hold, and came back on to confirm that he could offer it to me. I am all signed up for just over $6/month. They bill it monthly. Waiting for my Amazon Echo code.

If it doesn't work online, I recommend calling in and quoting the promo code over the phone...worked for me.
I tried calling in and they offered me the $116 a year deal instead. The CSR said that these promos are for new customers and the catch is that they have to pay the $5/month for the first year but the second year will be full price.

Ugh. The guy didn't budge and only countered with 6 months for $40. Then I'd have to negotiate again.
WTB: A Dance With Dragons from A Song of Ice and Fire
Mar 5, 2006
40 posts
11 upvotes
That is too bad. I would recommend calling back and trying a different CSR. I received my code for the Amazon Echo about 20 minutes after I got off the call, and received the actual Echo the next day. I have been a SiriusXM subscriber for about 4 years, so it isn't just for new customers. They actually credited me back for the extra month I still had on my contract that I had already paid for, and applied it to the new deal.

Good luck.
Dec 2, 2013
10 posts
1 upvote
Barrie
There is another deal right now for SirusXM for 6 months with a free Google Nest Hub for $89 for 6 months. Cancel anytime after 6 months or pay $89 for early cancellation. Received link to order Hub within 30 minutes and it is already shipping.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1031 posts
348 upvotes
Midland
RebeccaP911 wrote: There is another deal right now for SirusXM for 6 months with a free Google Nest Hub for $89 for 6 months. Cancel anytime after 6 months or pay $89 for early cancellation. Received link to order Hub within 30 minutes and it is already shipping.
This has a basic plan not the select plan.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4968 posts
1403 upvotes
Nice.

Being spied on is cheap now.

Great !
Nov 24, 2008
427 posts
52 upvotes
London
I just tried got the its only for new customers talk.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
2903 posts
1498 upvotes
Edmonton
trayton wrote: I just tried got the its only for new customers talk.
You probably didn’t mention the promo code: “cancel”.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1541 posts
961 upvotes
Calgary
starchoice wrote: You probably didn’t mention the promo code: “cancel”.
Yes that is the magic code with them. I have been with them since 2016, never paid full price, and my most recent renewal I got the price down even further and added a second car on the same deal (basically paying a lot less for 2 cars than the “regular price” for one car).
Nov 4, 2002
822 posts
31 upvotes
Burnaby
Was a bit of a fight to get them to cancel my subscription (was up in a week or so). First the clowns suspended it, rather than cancelled it, so I couldn't re-subscribe online. Took three calls (got hung up on once) and online chats to finally get them to cancel the old subscription ($20 or $25 for 5 months). Then I had no trouble subscribing online with the AMAZONDOT5M code. Signed up Friday night, ordered the Dot on Sunday, and just got delivered 5 minutes ago.

Once I was able to actually sign up online the process was nice and smooth, but damn are 95% of their CSRs just the absolute worst.