Expired Hot Deals

[SiriusXM] SiriusXM - 12 months for $5/month AND FREE Amazon Echo Dot AND FREE upgrade to All Access - not targeted.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes

SiriusXM - 12 months for $5/month AND FREE Amazon Echo Dot AND FREE upgrade to All Access - not targeted.

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 30, 2020
Retailer:
SiriusXM
If you missed out on the offer in July like me, this might interest you because it's back!
SIRIUSXM $5/Month for 12 Months AND FREE upgrade to All Access plan AND FREE Echo Dot.
Apparently it's over $270 in savings.
SiriusXM USA is offering the same deal for the same price but in US dollars.

Code = MEGA60DOT (it should be automatically be applied to your cart if you purchase directly from the link that is available on the website)

Warning : I'm sure there will be an early termination fee however I am unable to determine how much it will be.
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 2nd, 2020 12:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: updated url
47 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1300 posts
778 upvotes
Terms and conditions

SELECT OFFER DETAILS: The offer expires on September 30th, 2020. Activate a radio and receive a Select subscription at the introductory price for your first 12 months, plus a unique single-use coupon code for a free Amazon Echo Dot through amazon.ca. Valid email address required to receive coupon code. During your initial 12-month subscription term, your service will be upgraded (at no additional cost to you) and you will receive the channels and features available in our All Access subscription package. Savings based on monthly rate for All Access, currently $21.99/mo. plus the $69.99 retail list price of the Echo Dot (3rd Gen) on June 16th, 2020. Your account will be billed at a promotional rate of $4.99 each month for the first 12 months of your paid subscription. A Music Royalty and Administrative Fee (MRF) of 17.9% of the subscription price and taxes apply. After your first 12 months, your Select subscription will renew every month and your credit card will automatically be charged at the then-applicable regular price (currently $16.99/month plus MRF and taxes, subject to change on proper notice) for as long as you choose to remain a subscriber. You may call SiriusXM at 1-833-838-7840 to cancel at any time. Services are provided for an indeterminate period and accounts are billed according to the billing term selected. All terms, fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions to SiriusXM Canada are subject to our Customer Agreement. We collect and use personal information according to our Privacy Policy.

The Echo Dot is sold by Amazon.com Services, LLC, and is covered by a one-year limited warranty provided by Amazon.com Services, LLC. To receive your Echo Dot use the coupon code in Checkout at Amazon.ca. This offer can only be redeemed once, and used for a single device. This offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. Offer cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions (i.e. no promos stacking). Offer limited to one per customer and Amazon account. Offer only applies to Echo Dot devices (3rd generation) sold by Amazon.com Services, LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.ca” or “sold by Amazon.com Services, LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.ca” or “Prime Eligible.” Shipping charges, other fees and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items. Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order. If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to Amazon’s applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Use of the Echo Dot device is subject to the terms found here: www.amazon.ca.

Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion. The Echo Dot devices are given away by SiriusXM.

Amazon, Echo, Alexa, and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1437 posts
4933 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Easy workaround on this is just call in and tell them you received an email with the above mentioned promotion and they will 9/10 times just say ok and apply it. I did this personally a few weeks back as they had the same promo with zero issues. They are desperate for business as more and more people stream from their phones over Bluetooth etc. Work your RFD charm and you will be fine.
What's in your wallet?
Feb 20, 2019
61 posts
59 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Got my echo dot already from this deal. Called to cancel and told them about this promotion for me to stay.
Koodo $35 10GB PM Migration + $180 Bill Credits + $300 WM Gift Card
Fido $40 14GB BYOD
Shaw $45 300/15MBPS + $250 Bill Credits
Dec 23, 2012
3 posts
3 upvotes
Burnaby
I’m only interested in streaming SiriusXM and don’t have a vehicle with a SiriusXM radio receiver. In the terms and conditions, it says, “Activate a radio and receive a Select subscription …” Does this mean that you need to have a SiriusXM radio receiver to take advantage of this offer?
Jul 29, 2016
176 posts
63 upvotes
Mines coming up for renewal and if I ask them to renew on this plan and the Echo, is there a 6 month waiting period before I can cancel again or can I cancel in a month if I decide to? (added with all the BS arguing I have to do)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2172 posts
1302 upvotes
North Vancouver
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Sep 7, 2014
634 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto
The most unused service I ever subscribed for.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13630 posts
5174 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If I've previously been on the $5/mo. select plan with a free Echo dot (signed up around Nov. 2019) and have since put my account on hold for the last 4 months because I'm not driving to work and I primarily listen to SiriusXM in the car, can I still take advantage of this new promo and get another Echo Dot?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1333 posts
488 upvotes
Midland
rvs007 wrote: If I've previously been on the $5/mo. select plan with a free Echo dot (signed up around Nov. 2019) and have since put my account on hold for the last 4 months because I'm not driving to work and I primarily listen to SiriusXM in the car, can I still take advantage of this new promo and get another Echo Dot?
I’ve already called once trying to get this offer, (it expired August 31 but it seems they have extended it) I signed up in March so I need to wait 6 months before I can “cancel” and switch to this plan. Tell them you want to cancel as this offer is a much better deal. Let us know what happens.
Sep 1, 2020
1 posts
I called last week. I’ve been a subscriber since 2015. Had no problems getting the deal when mentioning it. My previous promotional rate was ending a week out though.
Dec 12, 2006
36 posts
14 upvotes
Terrace
Ok, so, what's the motivation for this service? My wife and I have YouTube music and podcasts we listen too in car. Both my cars have satellite radio available. I don't drive much, I work 2mins away, and my wife currently only goes into work one day a week, COVID thing, half hour drive.

Trying to figure out what the sales pitch is for someone like me.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1333 posts
488 upvotes
Midland
Igloo888 wrote: Ok, so, what's the motivation for this service? My wife and I have YouTube music and podcasts we listen too in car. Both my cars have satellite radio available. I don't drive much, I work 2mins away, and my wife currently only goes into work one day a week, COVID thing, half hour drive.

Trying to figure out what the sales pitch is for someone like me.
You are right, I'm using my car much less now. I use it all the time around the house and on my phone. The app has improved so much !