Personal Finance

Site that has sold information for houses

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2015 8:22 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
4340 posts
2155 upvotes

Site that has sold information for houses

Does anyone know the site that has sold information for a particular area, I remember it was a chinese site. Now that zoocasa no longer sends out the emails, it would be handy to see this information. Thanks.
23 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
12855 posts
2959 upvotes
Toronto
I loved that Chinese site. It was awesome because of how far it went back and search by map. I don't think there is much sites like that left.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1729 posts
1042 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
^ I take it that this is GTA only? Sorry, my Chinese reading skills need work!
Newbie
May 22, 2012
24 posts
7 upvotes
GTA
dr_torch wrote: ^ I take it that this is GTA only? Sorry, my Chinese reading skills need work!
you dont really need chinese (i have none), left side menus all in english, but yes, it's GTA only.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6280 posts
1007 upvotes
Toronto
centurry21 brokerage site lets you see sold. I don't know any other.

Of course, you can "sign up" with an agent and they will search for you (for an indirect cost of umm $10,000 ish) :p

PS: If you are on good terms with a realtor they can put you on this automatic list which send you email as soon something comes to market and sold etc.
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters
Active Listings has been the limiting factor for past 10 years.... and will be for next 10
Hence I pull exclusive data from MLS and update GTA HOUSING SUPPLY - Daily!
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
4340 posts
2155 upvotes
Thanks everyone, I can't read chinese either but somehow clicked on stuff to get the results I was looking for. I already have an agent but would prefer to do some research on my own.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5756 posts
3589 upvotes
boonjaca wrote: Does anyone know the site that has sold information for a particular area, I remember it was a chinese site. Now that zoocasa no longer sends out the emails, it would be handy to see this information. Thanks.
The tosolds emails are still working just fine.

The other site listed is great though. Just use second menu from the top to select your area of interest. Not all areas are represented though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5604 posts
2145 upvotes
Vancouver
Any site for Vancouver area other than BC assessment and property insights websites?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
484 upvotes
Vancouver
Speedy1 wrote: Any site for Vancouver area other than BC assessment and property insights websites?
You have to fill in your name, phone number, and address, however, if you're honest about it, they usually don't call you. They give you instant access to sales reports for many, but not all, Vancouver condos.
http://bccondos.net/city-burnaby-south
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5604 posts
2145 upvotes
Vancouver
popbottle wrote: You have to fill in your name, phone number, and address, however, if you're honest about it, they usually don't call you. They give you instant access to sales reports for many, but not all, Vancouver condos.
http://bccondos.net/city-burnaby-south
Thanks. Not interested in condos though. Just duplexes and houses.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
484 upvotes
Vancouver
Speedy1 wrote: Thanks. Not interested in condos though. Just duplexes and houses.
The best I could say for now is pick a realtor you like , say honestly that you haven't made a decision yet but would appreciate some info. There's a website someone posted this morning for Toronto but nothing for bc yet
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9707 posts
1158 upvotes
realmarketwatch.ca site is dead now !
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4163 posts
999 upvotes
rdx wrote: realmarketwatch.ca site is dead now !
is that a sign that toronto real estate is so hot that it took down the site?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1024 posts
104 upvotes
Maple
fdl wrote: The tosolds emails are still working just fine.

The other site listed is great though. Just use second menu from the top to select your area of interest. Not all areas are represented though.
Really? I stopped receiving those for houses, just getting the ones for condos.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5756 posts
3589 upvotes
lilnymphie wrote: Really? I stopped receiving those for houses, just getting the ones for condos.
Strange. I'm still getting them.

Realmarketwatch is down today but could just be a temporary/technical issue.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
Sorry, I'm not a realtor. Is this info available on mls.ca or does it drop after a certain period?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1729 posts
1042 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
alanbrenton wrote: Is this info available on mls.ca or does it drop after a certain period?
Sold information is not available on MLS to the general public.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5756 posts
3589 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Sorry, I'm not a realtor. Is this info available on mls.ca or does it drop after a certain period?
Not on mls.ca

The tosolds emails contain sales from the previous day. The links expire after a couple of weeks

The realmarketwatch website keeps the data active for about a couple of months from what I can tell.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1024 posts
104 upvotes
Maple
fdl wrote: Strange. I'm still getting them.

Realmarketwatch is down today but could just be a temporary/technical issue.
Resubscribed, don't know why I stopped receiving them.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)