• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2018 8:03 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2006
918 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto

Six Sigma Black Belt Certification

Does anyone here have a CSSBB designation? I am looking at the application page right now and have a few questions:

Did you get your certification through ASQ? If not what provider did you go with?
What is the audit process for your 2 completed projects like?
How much did you spend on books/courses?
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34543 posts
20588 upvotes
Center of Universe
I never got that far, as I was only able to get my white from a work sponsored program.
Mar 17, 2010
204 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
I have a green belt that I barely utilized in my career. Honestly imo SS is pretty dead and not worth pursuing unless your entire organization from top down are 100% behind it.

Just my 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4058 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
desistylzz wrote: I have a green belt that I barely utilized in my career. Honestly imo SS is pretty dead and not worth pursuing unless your entire organization from top down are 100% behind it.
I'm basically in the same boat. The tools you learn in Six Sigma training are valuable, but they're not unique to Six Sigma, and you don't have to go through their whole training to learn them.

It was something of a management fad, 10-20 years ago. Not so much anymore. I wouldn't recommend doing it unless your employer requires it and pays for it.