Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1229 posts
203 upvotes
Vancouver

Ski Pole Straps? Where to buy?

I recently bought a new pair of cheap ski poles from Sport Junkies here in Vancouver.... by the time I brought it up to the mountain to use, it was already too late to return it as I soon realized that the stupid ski pole strap that it came with was much too short as my hand/gloves can barely fit through it even at its largest fitting size. Plain stupid on the part of the manufacturer. So I was wondering where would I be able to find some replacement ski pole straps (about 2cm in width) and the webring that would allow me to adjust the length? Checked on amazon and nothing there.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1160 posts
591 upvotes
Don't use Ski Straps (my personal view). In event of a major crash you don't want these things strapped to your hands.

If you are in the back country, in a event of a avalanche you want to ditch those as soon as possible.
Apr 29, 2007
639 posts
310 upvotes
Richmond Hill
eugeneo wrote: Don't use Ski Straps (my personal view). In event of a major crash you don't want these things strapped to your hands.

If you are in the back country, in a event of a avalanche you want to ditch those as soon as possible.
Yep I agree. I never use the straps.
...ever since I saw a guy in front of me on the ski lift get his pole stuck in the lift somehow. It dragged him around the corner and nearly pulled his arm off!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1883 posts
355 upvotes
Alberta
fkl118 wrote: Yep I agree. I never use the straps.
...ever since I saw a guy in front of me on the ski lift get his pole stuck in the lift somehow. It dragged him around the corner and nearly pulled his arm off!
Even if you do use straps, take them off on the lift! Aren't there signs that say that?
Aug 31, 2005
312 posts
59 upvotes
Closest forum related to skiing I could find!. Is there no other? I'm looking for private ski lessons.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1160 posts
591 upvotes
crazychick wrote: Closest forum related to skiing I could find!. Is there no other? I'm looking for private ski lessons.
Location would be helpful?