Expired Hot Deals

Skip The Dishes

$10 to order with Skip again tonight YMMV targeted (expires in 5 days)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2022 11:26 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1214 posts
472 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Does skip still pull the bait snd switch where they show the discount until final payment screen and then remove discount just before charging your selected payment method?
Dec 3, 2013
592 posts
150 upvotes
Brampton, ON
gotta be careful here... I saw items on skip that added up to $40 but going to the restaurants actual website it was only $30..with fees etc it's more money on skip then just ordering straight from the restaurant. I know not all stores might be like this but just a word of caution
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4158 posts
4616 upvotes
Ottawa
sherri-chan wrote: Lol so many down votes for a potential/ targeted offer... I got 5 accts that received this offer so I was thinking maybe other people with half dead accts would get this too. I guess this isn't the case See-no-evil Monkey next time I won't bother posting and just enjoy my food myself 🤤
You expect people to upvote for deals they can't get? Even if you claimed correctly that it's ymmv and targeted? Don't bother posting in the future if you're doing this for vanity thumbs up on a website.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is 2022's game of the year. Sorry Elden Ring and God of War Ragnarok. You'll have to settle for TGA awards.
[OP]
May 19, 2009
775 posts
1031 upvotes
Vancouver
RigorMortis wrote: Does skip still pull the bait snd switch where they show the discount until final payment screen and then remove discount just before charging your selected payment method?
I got 4 out of 5 successful orders, and all of them were charged the correct amount. The one "failed" order was from a dessert shop that didn't "accept" my order and didn't respond to Skip's call. So I lost the $10 coupon with that account. Oh well.

I used to have other accounts that had this "bait and switch" problems, and I think those accounts they managed to flag as people who made multiple accounts to take advantage of referral offers... Always check the total before paying! I stopped using those accounts Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
[OP]
May 19, 2009
775 posts
1031 upvotes
Vancouver
sjangss wrote: gotta be careful here... I saw items on skip that added up to $40 but going to the restaurants actual website it was only $30..with fees etc it's more money on skip then just ordering straight from the restaurant. I know not all stores might be like this but just a word of caution
Yes some restaurants mark up for Skip/Uber/DD etc because of the fees, so you just need do the math yourself to see if ordering on Skip VS physical store is the better deal. I just ordered a $25 dinner, the restaurant's actual menu charges $22. $10-3 means I still saved $7 and I wouldn't feel pressured to tip a take out on the spot, so in that sense I still saved $10 Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10150 posts
4541 upvotes
Toronto
sjangss wrote: gotta be careful here... I saw items on skip that added up to $40 but going to the restaurants actual website it was only $30..with fees etc it's more money on skip then just ordering straight from the restaurant. I know not all stores might be like this but just a word of caution
The price markup is typical for most food apps.
I lucked out and found a couple of places where the food is actually cheaper on Skip than in the restaurant. They likely forgot to contact Skip and jack up their prizes to post pandemic levels.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)