• Jul 24th, 2019 12:17 am
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1557 posts
127 upvotes
sherri-chan wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:19 pm
Got my delivery to the park! Face With Tears Of Joy

But the restaurant failed by not including ANY utensils. Good that I usually keep spare ones in my car...
Man how you do that? Park have an address? GPS coordinates?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1417 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
darkhorz1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 6:49 pm
Do we need a phone number to register on STD?
Can be fake, but I use my real one to receive text notification and if the courier needs to contact me, it's easier
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1040 posts
1917 upvotes
Markham
l1197493 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 4:38 pm
LMAO!

Guys you don't have to try and hide, they already know who you are now matter how many dif CC or phone #'s you use, the cards are the biggest trace. Every electronic transaction is already in a DB and linked to one another automatically.
They're probably just doing what's called "case building" where they build a bigger case to bust you for bigger fraud charges as well as wire fraud instead of smaller charges cause its definitely fraud lol

It's like that ebayer guy that did the exact same thing, opening diff accounts to use an ebay coupon multiple times so he would only have to pay like $50 for an item or something. I think the guy ended up getting 12 years or something haha
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edpa/pr/co ... -card-scam

It kinda reminds me of the most common shoplifter, shoplifters who actually buy stuff but feel like they deserve a discount so they take something small and pay for everything else. They often use debit or CC and all loss prevention does is enter the card into the DB and it tells you all the transactions at different stores they shopped elsewhere using the card. They then take the surveillance vids from those other stores to do a physical ID match

I see another one of these infamous RFD cases going down :D
rfd-member-nofixedaddress-being-sued-x- ... d-1332237/
Is there anyone scamming a third of a million US dollar from STD here? Realistically just can’t see a start up pursuing the matter in a lawsuit over such a trivial sum.
May 19, 2009
381 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver
reggyDeal wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 6:54 pm
Man how you do that? Park have an address? GPS coordinates?
When I googled the name of the park it does have an address. In my delivery instructions I wrote that I'm near the park corner with a black statue, which is across the street from the XXX supermarket (I know there's free street parking by that corner), and I wrote a brief description of my outfit. Or phone me if he can't find me. The guy parked and phoned me as he walked towards the statue, I looked around and saw a guy on his phone with take out bags so I went up to him and got my bags Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

I think my request is still relatively reasonable as where he parked is less than a minute walk from where I was. It would be rude to ask someone to find me in the middle of park. It was kinda fun to receive delivery at a park lol Face With Tears Of Joy I wish Skip has a tip option afterwards. The driver followed my instructions very well and I forgot to tip on the spot.
Jul 15, 2019
16 posts
3 upvotes
Thank you thank you thank you

This warms my heart

I wasnt going to eat today

But now it's on the way!

Thank you again :)
Dec 31, 2008
313 posts
244 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
How would STD check credit card numbers for fraud if you use Android/Apple/Samsung Pay? I thought they generated a temporary CC# for each transaction, and they never send your real CC# to the merchant. If so, this could be a workaround for those of you worried about being flagged by your CC.
aquariaguy wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 2:38 pm
Thanks. No I haven't ordered before, never used Uber eats, so gonna try it out tonight. I've used Uber/Lyft before. I feel so old like a CD player lol.
I feel so old when someone thinks a CD player is so old.
Feb 5, 2012
244 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
svattom wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 8:45 pm
How would STD check credit card numbers for fraud if you use Android/Apple/Samsung Pay? I thought they generated a temporary CC# for each transaction, and they never send your real CC# to the merchant. If so, this could be a workaround for those of you worried about being flagged by your CC.
I feel so old when someone thinks a CD player is so old.
This is what I do ... Use Google pay.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25493 posts
3694 upvotes
Hamilton
DickMasterson wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 9:01 pm
Do you guys think there is a possibility they'll pursue legal action?

I don’t think they would tbh. It’s not like STD doesn’t know about how many times the code was used.

They want us to use the codes.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4180 posts
1278 upvotes
How do you make an account giving out the fewest information?
Last edited by vivibaby on Jul 16th, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 2, 2017
496 posts
474 upvotes
That's only stuff that gets blogged cause no one wants to read an article about someone who stole $50 but they bust them on a regular basis all the time cause it all falls under "fraud under $5000" even if it's only $20.
For instance they busted this guy for $16 for "theft under $5000"
https://www.haltonpolice.ca/crimefiles/ ... p?lpID=196

The bad thing is it's online transaction so it probably crosses into other jurisdictions as well in the United States if the data has to travel to a data center there so they probably like stacking wire fraud charges on people.

The most likely thing is they just sit there and wait doing nothing until transactions accumulate to nail you for larger amounts. Case building requires no effort cause the data is collected electronically like all your CC transactions and is stored in a database forever since it needs no maintenance. That's why any type of card, CC, debit, loyalty card is always gonna take a backseat to cash

The bad thing is no one is ever gonna hire you for any job if you have a theft or fraud conviction cause it stays on your record for the rest of your life that any employer can see
Dave510 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 7:37 pm
Is there anyone scamming a third of a million US dollar from STD here? Realistically just can’t see a start up pursuing the matter in a lawsuit over such a trivial sum.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8677 posts
3076 upvotes
Toronto
just placed my 2nd order of the night. i used the same CC...i like to live dangerously.

btw, after i entered my CC info and confirmed my order i received a new type of verification. they send a text/ call asking you to verify your CC info. extra level of security. might be just for my bank.
Last edited by ShoNuff2 on Jul 16th, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but ordering 1 dish at $15, isn't much of a savings? I ended up paying delivery $4 and tip $3, meal was $18 and tax, minus the $15 coupon came to about $13 I mean I'm saving approx $2, and obviously its delivered to my residence which ins't a big deal since the place is like 5 minutes away. But......when I read the forum it seems like people are going crazy like getting free food or something lol. I was hoping to pay less than $5 lol, than I'd be happy.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic