SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Nov 6, 2013
574 posts
326 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:24 pm
Yea people seem to forget that these prices are not the same as in store, only for mcdonalds I think it's the same and big global chains. They up the prices on this app, and we think we're getting a good deal but we're not really, even with the 15$ discount. And then people blame us for not tipping lmao.
It's against skip policy for the restaurant to bump the price. Report a restaurant that is bumping if you know about it.

So your post is completely false.
Nov 18, 2012
810 posts
372 upvotes
Longueuil
colavs19 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:51 pm
I wish Skip had the option of tipping in app after order like Uber Eats. It sucks having to tip beforehand to prevent delays/tampering, not knowing the service you will receive. 2nd order this week where the driver drove the opposite direction delaying the delivery by 20-30 mins. Presumably to multi-deliver using other apps.
tip 1.5/2$ and get perfect deliveries every single time.

Fixed!

otherwise pick up your own food, thats what i do.
Nov 6, 2013
574 posts
326 upvotes
Not tipping is fine, it's a choice. Just don't complain when your order takes 60-90mins instead of 30.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7956 posts
1615 upvotes
Some of them have a higher price on skip. They dont "bump the price" above that. EG swiss chalet here is ~$2 more to order a 1/4 chicken on skip (plus the $4 delivery fee) then to order from them directly. I f they don't have prices online, you can't tell. It doesn't make any difference to the drivers who you are tipping
Last edited by zoro69 on Jul 10th, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5340 posts
1219 upvotes
Mississauga
primetimey wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:53 pm
It's against skip policy for the restaurant to bump the price. Report a restaurant that is bumping if you know about it.

So your post is completely false.
not false...i said a good 80% of restaurants have inflated price on std...

easy to compare between std and website price...
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10375 posts
1169 upvotes
Vancouver
primetimey wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:57 pm
Not tipping is fine, it's a choice. Just don't complain when your order takes 60-90mins instead of 30.
30? Lol good luck with that
Aug 1, 2010
787 posts
481 upvotes
rkt1337 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:55 pm
tip 1.5/2$ and get perfect deliveries every single time.

Fixed!

otherwise pick up your own food, thats what i do.
I tipped $2 on both orders.
Nov 6, 2013
574 posts
326 upvotes
I know Skip dominates in Winnipeg but my orders come in 30 frequently.
Jul 9, 2019
1 posts
2 upvotes
yah i agree the prices are always more then in the actually restaurant. At least all the ones i've checked.
Nov 6, 2013
574 posts
326 upvotes
I know Skip dominates in Winnipeg but my orders come in 30 frequently.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25493 posts
3694 upvotes
Hamilton
trellaine201 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:00 pm
30? Lol good luck with that
I’ve actually got my orders at around 30 mins without any tips. Nearby restaurants though.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5030 posts
2033 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
qwerty0123 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:21 pm
Weeell i tipped to make sure my food is untampered and arrives in a timely matter. If tipping didn't exist, then i wouldn't have to worry lol. Like others have mentioned, it's simple economics when supply<demand employers would have to increase salary. Tipping will always be a thing, so if you don't tip, you are considered a cheap a hole for not supporting employee wages. And if you do tip, then you're supporting the employees in place of the employer. It's a terrible lose lose concept.
And there are even more interesting concepts too.
Everyone seems to have the same old boring arguing points. It is getting less entertaining lately. Let me bring some more interesting points to the table for people to argue.
First of all, the driver do not care much about how much food you order. You can order $100 worth of food and if you tip 20%, then he is getting more money for doing nothing.
Some people tip more, some people tip less, and most people do not tip at all. There is always someone who will tip more than you. So if you want to get the food quick, what is considered more tips?
Someone order $100 worth of food tipping 10% is $10. You ordering $20 worth of food with 20% tips is $4.
Driver will still pick the $100 order with less percentage tips.
High $ value (not %) of tips will guarantee someone accept the order quickly, but NOT DELIVER quickly.
The driver can take his time at home watching TV once he accepted the delivery.
It is best to wait till the restaurant have the order made and sitting before you even leave your home to make sure the min wait time.
Sometime, the driver can be watching Netflix and want to finish the ep before leaving his home. It is human nature.
I am not against people giving tips at all. Give $20 if you want.
But please, stop calling name saying people are cheap. Everyone can choose how to spend his money. It is not up to others to dictate one's path.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jul 11th, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Jul 16, 2012
913 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Need a working code it is raining here today Persevering Face