Expired Hot Deals

SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Aug 30, 2010
65 posts
5 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote: I changed phone number (apps that offer free phone number and text messaging) and CC, but no go. This leads me to believe what an earlier poster said, they're tracking MAC address of your computer, so next attempt change computer as well as everything else. If they're also tracking your residence address (i.e. maybe after stupidly calling multiple times) then you'll have to modify your address as well if you can. But, the real question is how much time are you willing to spend to make it work, and is it worth it?
What apps offer free phone numbers?
Jun 15, 2019
63 posts
149 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: You're not the first to mention this, seems like a very good method to add to my list. Adding your typical info and once order is placed and delivered you change all the info to randomness and then use the same steps for second account? Seems like a good tip.
Correct. And I screenshot the order info and account info just incase for future reference.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6124 posts
2617 upvotes
Aj2beast wrote: I make sure to change the name, address, phone # for the burner account after ordering and receiving my food. Been using the same CC, address, and phone # for every order.
how do you change the address? Im using the website version and you can only change t he phone number and account name, not even your name you entered for the cc
Jun 15, 2019
63 posts
149 upvotes
badOne wrote: how do you change the address? Im using the website version and you can only change t he phone number and account name, not even your name you entered for the cc
IDK about the web version but on the app you go to Saved Addresses, add another address to the account(random address), then delete your real address.
Nov 18, 2018
13 posts
71 upvotes
poopooplatter wrote: For all the generous tippers out there, do you mind transferring me a few bucks extra for work today? I work in an office, so society doesn't say I get tips, but I work really really hard at my job.

Do you ever wonder why they don't tip in Asia, Europe, South America, and everyone else in world? Because it's stupid, plain and simple. Ya, I'll tip when I'm with a great group. But when I'm alone, no way.
+1 on this
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3359 posts
1611 upvotes
Waterloo
colavs19 wrote: I wish Skip had the option of tipping in app after order like Uber Eats. It sucks having to tip beforehand to prevent delays/tampering, not knowing the service you will receive. 2nd order this week where the driver drove the opposite direction delaying the delivery by 20-30 mins. Presumably to multi-deliver using other apps.
I imagine if tipping was done after you got the order, there would be a lot less tipping happening. I'm of the opinion that a lot of people tip just due to social pressure. When you're at a restaurant, a lot of people would feel embarrassed of not tipping as the waitress/waiter can see it when they process the payment. Your friends at the table might even become aware if the waitress mentions that you didn't tip. With Skip, a lot of people feel the pressure to tip because they feel it'll make the food come faster but also you still need to face the driver when they ring the doorbell so they might feel embarrassed if they thought the driver knew you didn't tip. If Skip no longer gave the option to pre-tip and instead left it purely for after you got the tip, I feel confident saying tipping would be cut by at least half due to two reasons. 1) No pressure/won't feel embarassed for not tipping as you don't have to face the driver anymore, and 2) A lot of people would honestly just forget as they have their food and just want to eat it.
Nov 25, 2016
27 posts
52 upvotes
I'm getting payment error too, here are the things i've tried.
-Called my credit card company and everything was fine
-Changed name
-Changed phone number
-Changed credit card
-Changed address (used neighbor's)

And i get the same result, all payment errors. There might be 3 reasons i'm getting this. I changed everything one at a time and did not create a brand new account with all the changes made at the same time, I was going to do that but Ieft my 2nd CC at home, so maybe they might be flagging a combination of the info of your account. 2nd reason might be what someone mentioned on this thread earlier, maybe it's tied to your device/mac address, I don't have access to another device atm so can't try it. And finally the 3rd reason is maybe my neighbor's address got flagged too, but I haven't asked if he does STD and I really don't know him.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1188 posts
746 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
henrypizza wrote: I'm getting payment error too, here are the things i've tried.
-Changed name
-Changed phone number
-Changed credit card

And i get the same result, all payment errors. There might be 3 reasons i'm getting this. I changed everything one at a time and did not create a brand new account with all the changes made at the same time, I was going to do that but Ieft my 2nd CC at home, so maybe they might be flagging a combination of the info of your account. 2nd reason might be what someone mentioned on this thread earlier, maybe it's tied to your device/mac address, I don't have access to another device atm so can't try it. And finally the 3rd reason is maybe my neighbor's address got flagged too, but I haven't asked if he does STD and I really don't know him.
Try interac online via desktop?
Nov 25, 2016
27 posts
52 upvotes
canucks4life wrote: Try interac online via desktop?
Nope, haven't tried that yet. I wanted to change the payment method to cash but promo codes don't work with cash payment :(
Nov 24, 2018
169 posts
20 upvotes
How can they call you if you used a fake number tho? My courier always call me saying he’s outside when my order is here
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6124 posts
2617 upvotes
xotwod wrote: How can they call you if you used a fake number tho? My courier always call me saying he’s outside when my order is here
they cant call or message you. After you place the order with the fake number, it is too late to change the account to your real number because it isnt updated on the courier's end. This can lead to wasted time and a pissed off driver.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3145 posts
1245 upvotes
Scarborough
henrypizza wrote: I'm getting payment error too, here are the things i've tried.
-Changed name
-Changed phone number
-Changed credit card

Reason being your first statement, once you get payment error any changes you make to the account make no difference UNLESS you use a different CC. I had a payment error and switched CC's and it worked.
badOne wrote: they cant call or message you. After you place the order with the fake number, it is too late to change the account to your real number because it isnt updated on the courier's end. This can lead to wasted time and a pissed off driver.
As I mentioned twice in this thread, a simple fix is to put a fake number and in the NOTES SECTION simply put your REAL number indicating it as a secondary contact information. Also, when I say put in a random number I'm actually saying put in a number that is disconnected, if you end up putting a random number that someone actually owns it will make things very complicated regardless of what's put in the notes.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5016 posts
1339 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: they cant call or message you. After you place the order with the fake number, it is too late to change the account to your real number because it isnt updated on the courier's end. This can lead to wasted time and a pissed off driver.
Do skip drivers have your actual phone number? (or call you through a redirect like Uber has?) I've never had a driver call me before, i didn't even know it was possible for them to contact you (i mean there's no way for you to contact them)

On uber they can call you and you can call them (through the redirect so you don't actually have each other's actual number)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6124 posts
2617 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Do skip drivers have your actual phone number? (or call you through a redirect like Uber has?) I've never had a driver call me before, i didn't even know it was possible for them to contact you (i mean there's no way for you to contact them)

On uber they can call you and you can call them (through the redirect so you don't actually have each other's actual number)
oh yes they do have your number, in case they cant get into your building or otherwise. I got this pissed off driver who repeatedly said I gave STD the wrong number. Still not sure why he wanted to contact me, but I did see in the tracking he was just sitting there near the restaurant for 10 mins, Im guessing trying to call me but instead actually reached some stranger for the fake number I gave STD.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5974 posts
2688 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Bzzzzt wrote: I changed phone number (apps that offer free phone number and text messaging) and CC, but no go. This leads me to believe what an earlier poster said, they're tracking MAC address of your computer, so next attempt change computer as well as everything else. If they're also tracking your residence address (i.e. maybe after stupidly calling multiple times) then you'll have to modify your address as well if you can. But, the real question is how much time are you willing to spend to make it work, and is it worth it?
Did you try using a different IP, like VPN?
fightbriz wrote: Do skip drivers have your actual phone number? (or call you through a redirect like Uber has?) I've never had a driver call me before, i didn't even know it was possible for them to contact you (i mean there's no way for you to contact them)

yes they do.
They call me all the time standing outside my building.
primetimey wrote: It's against skip policy for the restaurant to bump the price. Report a restaurant that is bumping if you know about it.

So your post is completely false.
I think you are confused with something.
Policy allow or not, restaurant can choose to do what they want.
It is real world vs a perfect world.
You cannot say his post is false based on the policy. And with overwhelming facts, we know that most restaurant inflated the price.
Get your facts straight before accusing other people. Discussing is one thing, but accusing other people of making false statement is a completely different monster.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jul 11th, 2019 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine