Expired Hot Deals

SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Newbie
Aug 10, 2014
14 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Haha, tell me about it. My girlfriend is blaming me for making her fat.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
25489 posts
3682 upvotes
Hamilton
jellytime wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:37 pm
Are you serious? You don't use a credit card at all?

Wow. The wife and I are going to on a vacation next month and because of our points, we saved over $6,000 from flights, rental cars, and hotels. CC are super lucrative if you know what you're doing.

Kudos to you though.
what card do you use and how long you collect for
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
2409 posts
1307 upvotes
Langley
yao416 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:41 pm
what card do you use and how long you collect for
I have been collecting from the past year. To be exact, I started my last churning cycle on July 27, 2018.
Over that time I signed up for:
Amex Platinum
Marriott Bonvoy
Amex gold
BMO WE
BMO AM WE
BMO AM
RBC Avion
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
25489 posts
3682 upvotes
Hamilton
jellytime wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:47 pm
I have been collecting from the past year. To be exact, I started my last churning cycle on July 27, 2018.
Over that time I signed up for:
Amex Platinum
Marriott Bonvoy
Amex gold
BMO WE
BMO AM WE
BMO AM
RBC Avion
Nice. That’s too many cards for me lol
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 1, 2007
2812 posts
152 upvotes
FernandoR2 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:29 pm
I don’t get why you are so emotionally involved, relax my man.. First off they made 779 million pound dollars which is a over 1.2 billion Canadian. Do you really think a company that’s is poised for growth, will keep this money or spend money investing it on rapid expansion? If you check their “economics” on justeatplc.com/investors/financials/five-year-summary, you’ll notice the lines where they spend most of this on investments (NET CASH OUTFLOW USED IN INVESTMENT ACTIVITIES). Great EBITHA.They have a pretty decent balance sheet with buckets of cash. It’s not good to show a net profit of more than 10% during initial years of growth. All these numbers are fudged to get better funding in the next rounds.

But even with 50 or 10 million net profit, you’re telling me they can’t give an example extra few percentage points to satisfy drivers? But rather you make excuses for a company that doesn’t care about you. Pretty pathetic.
so much strawman here. He was defending paying drivers properly, not defending the company itself. For you to imply that shows you lack the ability to comprehend the poster's point. The point is that these businesses are not sustainable. The only way they could end up existing in 5-10 years, is if they start to own actual restaurants.

Mark my words, they will be gone in a few years, as soon as investors realize there is no long term sustainable business model.

Cash is as cheap as it has ever been in the history of the world, so don't pretend like you have some profound economic insight. SMH, learn about a concept called "empathy."
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:11 pm
I like this person. He is honest. And it is a fact that people tip because of society pressure, not because they care how much the driver make or how good the service is.
Wow, first I've heard this. While there are definitely elements of societal pressure with regards to tipping, I would love to see your "facts" and evidence that this is always the case.
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 4:03 pm
First of all, the driver do not care much about how much food you order. You can order $100 worth of food and if you tip 20%, then he is getting more money for doing nothing.
Some people tip more, some people tip less, and most people do not tip at all. There is always someone who will tip more than you.
You should really reflect on your thinking process. It's full of contradictions. First you say driver's don't care how much you order? The more you order, the longer it will take, the more effort is required on their part. How do you rationalize that they don't care how much you order?

You proceed to say most people do not tip at all (not sure how you know this), then you say there is always someone who will tip more than you... Dude... Please just think about what you're saying.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2001
7942 posts
1612 upvotes
Damn, ordered form swiss chalet (for my mom). Changed it to pickup. Went to pick it up...they do not have the order.
Newbie
Feb 11, 2015
78 posts
68 upvotes
Abbotsford, BC
Just ordered. I feel bad for only tipping like $3 on a $30 order. The kid was really nice. I wish there was an option to tip more afterwards.
Banned
May 16, 2018
36 posts
12 upvotes
So, I've already decided what I'm gonna have tomorrow.! Yayyyyyyyyy
Regards
Macuser02
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8662 posts
3068 upvotes
Toronto
WilsonThai12 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:39 pm
Haha, tell me about it. My girlfriend is blaming me for making her fat.
as long as she still gives you a fatty it's all good
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
11338 posts
6147 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ordered using SORBET15

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
2409 posts
1307 upvotes
Langley
archdukeFF wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 5:27 pm
Just ordered. I feel bad for only tipping like $3 on a $30 order. The kid was really nice. I wish there was an option to tip more afterwards.
Couldn't you just give the guy cash?
Jr. Member
Jun 9, 2019
105 posts
108 upvotes
Still works here in Southwestern Ontario, unfortunately most places only do free delivery over $20. It's cheaper to buy something for the minimum of $15, but only slightly. It's somewhat nice to pay for a $15 meal that's been loaded up a bit with some extras, makes for some interesting meal experiences that I wouldn't do otherwise. And I'm trying out new dishes at new places. So for those reasons I'm using this and it's been great.

Also, this app says that they don't take from the tip however I'm unsure how much to trust that. Either tip in cash or don't tip at all if you're one of those who'd rather see this type of business model die out.

Like other posters have mentioned though, it's smart to vary your phone number (use an app for IOS or Android), address (easier in an apartment), and CC (if you have more than one).
Jr. Member
Oct 5, 2012
137 posts
7 upvotes
LONDON
McDonald's forgot an item from my order. I haven't contacted support at all in the past. Should I contact them for this? It was on a new account so if they just partial refund me credit then I won't really have a use for it.

Top