Expired Hot Deals

SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
25856 posts
4056 upvotes
Hamilton
AsianXL wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 6:31 pm
I can't sign up. :(
Why not


What’s the error you’re getting?
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Newbie
Jul 10, 2019
8 posts
19 upvotes
WontonTiger wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 5:02 pm
so much strawman here. He was defending paying drivers properly, not defending the company itself. For you to imply that shows you lack the ability to comprehend the poster's point. The point is that these businesses are not sustainable. The only way they could end up existing in 5-10 years, is if they start to own actual restaurants.

Mark my words, they will be gone in a few years, as soon as investors realize there is no long term sustainable business model.

Cash is as cheap as it has ever been in the history of the world, so don't pretend like you have some profound economic insight. SMH, learn about a concept called "empathy."

Another senseless argument from someone who doesn't know anything about anything. These businesses are sustainable, which is why I provided a link to their financials. The original poster, made a comment on how SKIP would otherwise not be able to survive if they paid drivers more . Which is false. No one cares about your words, we care about the numbers. The industry will only grow and automation will replace all the drivers in the future. I don't get the cash argument because it makes no sense and isn't relevant.

You want us to be empathetic but expect differently from companies who couldn't care less about their own employees ( oh my bad contractors). Great argument. Bravo.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1831 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yao416 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 6:42 pm
Why not


What’s the error you’re getting?
I was using a VPN. Face With Tears Of Joy
Newbie
Feb 11, 2015
79 posts
68 upvotes
Abbotsford, BC
jellytime wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 5:54 pm
Couldn't you just give the guy cash?
who carries cash in 2019
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
1989 posts
475 upvotes
Gatineau
NamikazeBurst wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 6:27 pm
McDonald's forgot an item from my order. I haven't contacted support at all in the past. Should I contact them for this? It was on a new account so if they just partial refund me credit then I won't really have a use for it.
dont do it. i did it and they blocked my creidt card. While I have found a workaround there is always a risk.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1831 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
First time ordering Skipthedishes delivery!

Before I ordered, the online tracker said I would get my food in about 30 minutes.

Then the driver is taking a completely different route, not even travelling towards the direction of my residence, making loops around downtown.

WTF! is this normal?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
9627 posts
2464 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 7:32 pm
First time ordering Skipthedishes delivery!

Before I ordered, the online tracker said I would get my food in about 30 minutes.

Then the driver is taking a completely different route, not even travelling towards the direction of my residence, making loops around downtown.

WTF! is this normal?
Most likely doing Uber run or something
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
25856 posts
4056 upvotes
Hamilton
AsianXL wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 7:32 pm
First time ordering Skipthedishes delivery!

Before I ordered, the online tracker said I would get my food in about 30 minutes.

Then the driver is taking a completely different route, not even travelling towards the direction of my residence, making loops around downtown.

WTF! is this normal?
No tips?
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1831 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Long story short!

My delivery never arrived. Waited for over a hour and a half for no reason. Just got my refund processed, and some credits credited back to my account.

What a **** joke!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
2587 posts
1435 upvotes
Langley
Is tipping 15% adequate? It worked out to only like $3.xx for a tip. Is that enough for a driver?

I don't mind tipping these guys because they have a pretty shitty job, imo, but i'm not sure whats standard
Jr. Member
Jul 4, 2018
143 posts
202 upvotes
AsianXL wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:12 pm
Long story short!

My delivery never arrived. Waited for over a hour and a half for no reason. Just got my refund processed, and some credits credited back to my account.

What a **** joke!
Same here. Order ok over 2 hours. Waste of time
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
2949 posts
1062 upvotes
Scarborough
I find it hilarious they think it's ok to limit my selection of restaurants based on the proximity and yet when I order something from a block away the driver is being called from the other side of the city, causing an extremely long waiting time. If you're going to make me wait this long you might as well let me order from the other side of town!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5466 posts
2279 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 8:30 pm
Is tipping 15% adequate? It worked out to only like $3.xx for a tip. Is that enough for a driver?

I don't mind tipping these guys because they have a pretty shitty job, imo, but i'm not sure whats standard
that's way more than most people tip. They're more than happy if it's even close to 10%.
Jr. Member
Nov 15, 2015
125 posts
50 upvotes
Burnaby
For those existing users of STD, try 'HOWDY' - works $10 off for me!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3071 posts
1044 upvotes
MtX wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 9:13 am
I can verify that this is 100% incorrect. I've delivered food to many locations that were NOT my billing address. I've delivered to work, friend's place, a public Tim Hortons by the beach, etc. All using the same AMEX. And I've been doing this since Friday night with the $20 coupon. My last order was 9:30PM ET last night with the $15 coupon.
Is Amex, visa verified?

Top