• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Nov 21, 2017
504 posts
246 upvotes
Surrey BC
WilsonThai12 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2019 4:39 pm
Haha, tell me about it. My girlfriend is blaming me for making her fat.
at least you have a gf
Nov 21, 2017
504 posts
246 upvotes
Surrey BC
Just placed my first ever order at 8:57 pm pst. Let's see if this scam works. Ordered Mcdonalds 6 dollars all in with the promo code. 50 cent tip. Left in the notes for the driver to call or text me so I can meet them at the street as I live below in a house.

edit:
Food arrived at 9:50 so almost an hour. It was fresh and warm so he picked it up as soon as it was made and drive it to my place. The driver did call and say that he was there in front which is nice. Decent experience. Would I order again? Yes but only with the promo because we all know restaurant food is overpriced. If I did this myself the round trip to that Fleetwood Surrey McDonalds would've taken me around 25 minutes.
Mar 5, 2010
665 posts
388 upvotes
Ottawa
This thread has been very fascinating with a lot of the non-tippers giving fairly reasonable and logical reasons for why they don't tip and a portion of tippers basically posturing to pressure people into tipping.
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:32 pm
Just admit that you don't tip because you're cheap and we can move on. None of this principle business, food and wages are already high enough, etc.
burntorange00 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:36 pm
so in conclusion you are a cheapskate?
warranthad wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:46 pm
It's really principled of you that you refused 10 years of tips doing deliveries and still made a living wage doing it. I'm impressed at how principled of a person you are!
TGoyel wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:14 pm
if you don't tip, you're a **** loser.
b166er1337 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:07 pm
Just an excuse of being a cheapskate. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to preach your value.
icon20 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:11 pm
To all those trying to justify not tipping servers who make less than minimum wage or delivery drivers, you are all cheap a-holes with no sympathy. Period.
Let's just start with, when it comes down to namecalling, you lose the argument.
If you want to use sarcasm because you don't have an argument, fine. It doesn't make you look good.
Calling people cheap and a loser cause they don't tip is you trying to paint everyone with the same brush and assumes intent.
When you do this, I can only assume you do this in bad faith because you need a justification for your vice.
You're not automatically a nice person cause you tip and you aren't automatically a terrible person if you don't. I've seen logical arguments for both.
At the end of the day, you can do what you want. However, when you paint everyone with the same brush, you're not winning anyone over.
You make tippers look bad, and you make it less likely for people to tip. If that's your goal, good job. If it wasn't, you're doing a terrible job arguing for the idea.
I'll let you know that if you tried this garbage in person with me, I wouldn't tip and I wouldn't go anywhere to eat with you either.
People like you are insufferable and the reason why my friend says he never tips.

Note: I could make cheeky responses too, but I'm not here to posture for internet points or backpats.

The problem with not tipping isn't the tippers or non-tippers, it's people like you (in the quotes) who bring nothing to the table with comments like that.
If you think tipping is so great, argue it and convince people they should do it.

Here's some people who at least tried, even a little:
Joker83 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:50 am
$2 tip wont hurt
dyalect wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:12 pm
Tip. Get a better job. That said if you are saving 10-20 a toonie is not going to hurt you.
primetimey wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:57 pm
Not tipping is fine, it's a choice. Just don't complain when your order takes 60-90mins instead of 30.
Feb 1, 2019
25 posts
55 upvotes
telepathy wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:13 am
This thread has been very fascinating with a lot of the non-tippers giving fairly reasonable and logical reasons for why they don't tip and a portion of tippers basically posturing to pressure people into tipping.

Let's just start with, when it comes down to namecalling, you lose the argument.
If you want to use sarcasm because you don't have an argument, fine. It doesn't make you look good.
Calling people cheap and a loser cause they don't tip is you trying to paint everyone with the same brush and assumes intent.
When you do this, I can only assume you do this in bad faith because you need a justification for your vice.
You're not automatically a nice person cause you tip and you aren't automatically a terrible person if you don't. I've seen logical arguments for both.
At the end of the day, you can do what you want. However, when you paint everyone with the same brush, you're not winning anyone over.
You make tippers look bad, and you make it less likely for people to tip. If that's your goal, good job. If it wasn't, you're doing a terrible job arguing for the idea.
I'll let you know that if you tried this garbage in person with me, I wouldn't tip and I wouldn't go anywhere to eat with you either.
People like you are insufferable and the reason why my friend says he never tips.

Note: I could make cheeky responses too, but I'm not here to posture for internet points or backpats.

The problem with not tipping isn't the tippers or non-tippers, it's people like you (in the quotes) who bring nothing to the table with comments like that.
If you think tipping is so great, argue it and convince people they should do it.

you sound like a non tipper
May 19, 2009
341 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
These Skip code threads are really bringing out the worst in humanity...... So many entitled people. Are the non-tippers people who actually have low income and can't afford to tip when they are essentially getting a huge discount on these deliveries? If you have adequate income and can't even be bothered to spare a toonie on tips, then I really feel bad for you... Considering the cost of living nowadays, tipping at least a toonie is nice gesture for anybody. Obviously people who needed to rely on doing deliveries to make ends meet do not have high income.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7522 posts
1746 upvotes
why does all STD threads turn into a tip vs no tip fiasco lol ...my 2cs...if u don't tip ur a ^&&@$@** cheapAss lol, im cheap but at least i tip...i actually tip 5$ the other day, course she was hot! don't get many hot chix STDing :D
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11152 posts
5990 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Pics or it didn't happen!
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 5:52 am
why does all STD threads turn into a tip vs no tip fiasco lol ...my 2cs...if u don't tip ur a ^&&@$@** cheapAss lol, im cheap but at least i tip...i actually tip 5$ the other day, course she was hot! don't get many hot chix STDing :D

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 2, 2018
45 posts
46 upvotes
How does a restaurant identify the Skip delivery guy? I mean what does the delivery guy say to the restaurant when picking up a Skip order?
I wouldn't mind picking up the order myself at a restaurant near me (even though I have to select delivery on Skip for the promo) . The Skip driver would still get paid like any other order and not have to actually make the delivery. Win-win situation!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4966 posts
1995 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
telepathy wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:13 am

burntorange00 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 3:58 am
you sound like a non tipper
I agree. When people start to get angry and emotional, it is because they are losing the argument and they have nothing solid.
In the PR world when you are losing the fight, you smear people to discredit them. I feel the same for those who are name calling.
In the end, the conclusion here is if you are not tipping, you are cheap. If you are tipping, you are a moron.
I can conclusion that it is a lose-lose situation.
So, you can pick being cheap or being a moron.
If your gf ask you to buy this and that for her and say you are cheap if you don't. Are you going to buy? Sadly, people without a backbone will. I feel sorry for your wallet, not you.
And personally, I like this
"I'll let you know that if you tried this garbage in person with me, I wouldn't tip and I wouldn't go anywhere to eat with you either. "
It translates to I will not bend my back backward just because you are trying to smear me. And you are definitely not my friend.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Feb 8, 2011
196 posts
110 upvotes
My screen is stuck on "redirecting" after placing the order. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Waited few mins on the redirecting screen and it finally went through
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4892 posts
2794 upvotes
Kitchener
I just decline all deliveries with a $0 tip. Not even worth it to drive them in my EV. If I had to pay for gas, do you think that $3.45 to drive to the restaurant, wait for the food for a few mins, then drive to the destination would be worth it? Probably take a minimum of 15-20 minutes. Yay for earning $10/hr before expenses.
Last edited by IntrepidRT on Jul 12th, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5018 posts
2073 upvotes
IntrepidRT wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:06 am
I just decline all deliveries with a $0 tip. Not even worth it to drive them in my EV. If I had to pay for gas, do you think that $3.45 to drive to the restaurant, wait for the food for a few mins, then drive to the destination would be worth it? Probably take a minimum of 15 minutes.
Go get tipped you @#@#$% :D
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2253 posts
1879 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Can we stop making the reference to skip as “STD” it’s really ruining my appetite
Jul 14, 2018
212 posts
266 upvotes
mrfrugal83 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:15 am
Can we stop making the reference to skip as “STD” it’s really ruining my appetite
When I started reading the thread, I was confused for a minute...