Expired Hot Deals

SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Feb 25, 2013
78 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I usually use Ubereats and always tip AFTER receiving my order (I tip according to service of the delivery person.. speed/attitude/weather conditions/form of transit/etc).
i.e. usually tip drivers more, or bikers more if it's raining.
Every other time I use foodora or skipthedishes (which is very rarely), I always forget that it isn't an option until they already left :(
Wish they add a post-delivery tipping pop-up option like Ubereats.
Last edited by cleesl on Jul 12th, 2019 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42407 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
IntrepidRT wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:06 am
I just decline all deliveries with a $0 tip. Not even worth it to drive them in my EV. If I had to pay for gas, do you think that $3.45 to drive to the restaurant, wait for the food for a few mins, then drive to the destination would be worth it? Probably take a minimum of 15-20 minutes. Yay for earning $10/hr before expenses.
The problem is not the tip, but the business model to begin with. It's not like if it's $5 instead of $3.45, it suddenly makes sense to do the delivery.
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1187 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:11 am
I agree. When people start to get angry and emotional, it is because they are losing the argument and they have nothing solid.
In the PR world when you are losing the fight, you smear people to discredit them. I feel the same for those who are name calling.
In the end, the conclusion here is if you are not tipping, you are cheap. If you are tipping, you are a moron.
I can conclusion that it is a lose-lose situation.
So, you can pick being cheap or being a moron.
If your gf ask you to buy this and that for her and say you are cheap if you don't. Are you going to buy? Sadly, people without a backbone will. I feel sorry for your wallet, not you.
And personally, I like this
"I'll let you know that if you tried this garbage in person with me, I wouldn't tip and I wouldn't go anywhere to eat with you either. "
It translates to I will not bend my back backward just because you are trying to smear me. And you are definitely not my friend.
I've never seen any of the non-tippers calling the tippers "morons" or anything tbh. But the tippers are continuously calling the non-tippers cheap, or mean or some other insult.
Also they just banned my CC it seems lmao. I too am now getting the error with the payment! :(
😎Thanks RFD😎
Feb 8, 2011
199 posts
110 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:10 pm
I've never seen any of the non-tippers calling the tippers "morons" or anything tbh. But the tippers are continuously calling the non-tippers cheap, or mean or some other insult.
Also they just banned my CC it seems lmao. I too am now getting the error with the payment! :(
I switched to my visa debit
Jan 20, 2013
176 posts
35 upvotes
cleesl wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:33 am
I usually use Ubereats and always tip AFTER receiving my order (I tip according to service of the delivery person.. speed/attitude/weather conditions/form of transit/etc).
i.e. usually tip drivers more, or bikers more if it's raining.
Every other time I use foodora or skipthedishes (which is very rarely), I always forget that it isn't an option until they already left :(
Wish they add a post-delivery tipping pop-up option like Ubereats.
I agree they need a post-delivery tipping option, however, it's worth noting that you can technically still tip afterwards if you live-chat SkipTheDishes, tell them you forgot to tip, then a rep calls you and you have to provide your payment info over the phone. Obviously a lot of work, but it's something they do.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1187 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Hoangster wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:14 pm
I switched to my visa debit
Thanks, I was just about to give this a try. !
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11333 posts
6137 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
STD is the way to go this weekend.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4986 posts
1222 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:33 pm
STD is the way to go this weekend.
skip the disheS has an S at the end

more logical to say

STDs are the way to go this weekend.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1754 posts
693 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How do you get your cc banned?

For some reason, the account that I created yesterday doesn't work anymore. I can't login, nor can I do a password reset. The CC used was the first time I've used on Skipthedishes.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
4903 posts
2800 upvotes
Kitchener
patriots wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:17 pm
I agree they need a post-delivery tipping option, however, it's worth noting that you can technically still tip afterwards if you live-chat SkipTheDishes, tell them you forgot to tip, then a rep calls you and you have to provide your payment info over the phone. Obviously a lot of work, but it's something they do.
You can also hand the driver cash at the door. Remember though, if you don't tip up front, your food WILL take longer until a desperate driver takes it. Drivers now easily see the money offered for delivery up front (including the tip) and determine whether or not to take it based on that. For example, I don't take deliveries with less than $2 tip. I leave the $0 tip deliveries for other drivers.

This reminds me........I have a STD shift tonight :)
Last edited by IntrepidRT on Jul 12th, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1510 posts
789 upvotes
Mississauga
coupons still going strong. just ordered some wendys for lunch.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1187 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
asdglaf wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:43 pm
Says code is out of uses?
Has to be new account, SORBET15 doesn't work anymore for me, so try 15MONTREAL. That worked for me
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1187 posts
935 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
AsianXL wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:40 pm
How do you get your cc banned?

For some reason, the account that I created yesterday doesn't work anymore. I can't login, nor can I do a password reset. The CC used was the first time I've used on Skipthedishes.
I ordered like 14 times with the same CC, guess they flagged it and no longer accepts payments from it, it just gives an error. So I used my visa debit and it worked.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Feb 7, 2019
18 posts
26 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:51 pm
Has to be new account, SORBET15 doesn't work anymore for me, so try 15MONTREAL. That worked for me
Thanks, the Montreal one worked.