Expired Hot Deals

SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Apr 9, 2017
169 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Drivers get paid though. If they don't like it they can get a better job. I'm not obligated to pay for their labour when it's their job that they get paid for regardless.
Feb 14, 2009
172 posts
128 upvotes
Your not obligated to tip like your not obligated to hold the door for someone.

The country singer Jake Owen sang it best “that waitress, she’s real rude, she’s got real problems but we do to so we tip her anyways”
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
8538 posts
2006 upvotes
Scarberia
ot: so i ordered late mcDs the other day, mcDs is around 10kms from my place, driver is north west of me, and mcDs is south east of me lol..so hes gottta drive all the way to mcDs, then drive back to my place ..i think it took him over 25kms! over 1 hr since time i ordered...fries soggyAF, everything cold, drinks were melted,etc., o well
*SIG: Ryzen™ R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
https://valid.x86.fr/f3xr98
[OP]
Feb 10, 2019
19 posts
129 upvotes
Montreal
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:18 am
The tips go to drivers, not the company..

How is it punishing the company, in any way? The company has a lot of VC funding and a healthy stock. $0 tipping just makes precarious labour even more precarious.

You guys feel guilty, so you come up with dumb rationalizations for your selfish behaviour instead of correcting it and working on yourself.
I couldn’t care less tbh. I don’t believe in the concept of tipping anyone for anything. If the standard fees and 25% cut skip takes isn’t enough to pay drivers, then technically us the consumer are subsidizing a failing business model through tipping.The stock is not healthy, they just use incredibly deceptive practices like throwing money to people to sign up and counting that as new users to investors.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1697 posts
1024 upvotes
Happy for this deal!

But ya it's not a good business model at all. I don't tip on principle, especially delivery (I am a former pizza delivery person). It just supports the concept of these corporations not having to pay their drivers and depending on customers to support them. Screw that.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7180 posts
37655 upvotes
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 7:42 am
Happy for this deal!

But ya it's not a good business model at all. I don't tip on principle, especially delivery (I am a former pizza delivery person). It just supports the concept of these corporations not having to pay their drivers and depending on customers to support them. Screw that.
One of my old students work at Dominos as a delivery and he gets avg $20/hour. In Richmond BC too. If Skip doesn't work out, switch to pizza delivery.
YOu get minimum pay plus tips and benefits for FT employees.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14344 posts
3515 upvotes
Not tipping doesn't magically make the companies pay their employees more.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2949 posts
1062 upvotes
Scarborough
Leverage wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:05 am
The dumbest thing you can do when exploiting a loophole is contact the company. Everyone knows this. Even if you had an incorrect item and it's at no fault of yours, it's still worth absorbing that single-dollar-digit loss and re-ordering than calling and bringing eyes to your account.

Let it be a lesson for everyone.
The idea is to exploit the credit system and use it to your advantage. Free food is better than paid food.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1697 posts
1024 upvotes
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:19 am
We're in a tight(ish) labor market. if employees don't make money somewhere they will leave to go elsewhere. If Skip The Dishes loses employees to other businesses who pay more they will need to raise their own compensation to attract workers. It's basic economics.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7180 posts
37655 upvotes
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:32 am

We're in a tight(ish) labor market. if employees don't make money somewhere they will leave to go elsewhere. If Skip The Dishes loses employees to other businesses who pay more they will need to raise their own compensation to attract workers. It's basic economics.
It’s common sense but many people don’t have it.

That’s why they are offering “sign up bonuses”.

To clarify, the delivery people are not employees. If anything happens, they are not covered by the employer’s insurance.

I think only Foodora is covering their delivery people (contractors).
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jul 10th, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 3, 2019
131 posts
119 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:28 am
The idea is to exploit the credit system and use it to your advantage. Free food is better than paid food.
Yea but contacting the company can ruin it for everyone.
1 person suck it up or there is a potential to lose the the discount affecting us all.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5214 posts
2130 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 11:02 pm
So I placed an order with different phone number, credit card and email. When I called because I honestly had an incorrect item and was awaiting the refund in credit the automated system came back and said it detected multiple refunds from this account. So this tells me it's one of two things they are flagging. Either the address or the device MAC itself. I live in an apartment building and I never put in the apartment number so it's always the same fixed address.

I wonder if it's the address they are flagging or the device. If it's the former I really feel bad for the other 600 tenants in my building who will order from SKIP and then attempt at a refund if they are putting the red flag on the address itself.

You can use the same address, phone number and credit card, I believe the flagging starts when you request a refund then you need to stick to different phone number and credit card after 2-3 uses. Telling you this from experience.
That is some good information. You put in different phone number, email and cc but yet, they can still track back to you on your phone call.
But my thinking is that they are not using sophistic technology to trace you. Because if they are going that route, they will use cell phone text message to verify in the first place.
How about the phone you used to call? They may have caller id and trace back with that number? Or they are simply using ip address.
OrangeBerry wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:28 am
Look beyond today. By not contacting them, the coupon will last longer and you will continue to have free food for a longer time. So in the end, you get more free food by losing $1.
It is call giving up the car saving the King.
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:19 am
Actually, it does.
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jul 10th, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Sep 24, 2014
185 posts
880 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Not sure if it’s still active but the code HONEYGARLIC worked for me yesterday, $15 off as well for delivery order, new accounts.

Saw the code on an advertisement on my Reddit app.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5026 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 8:32 am
lol thank you...... it's expected people can't logically think this through if they don't know how economics works, even basic economics. But yeah consumer behaviors can easily force companies to pay drivers more.

You can tell UberEats is a lot more sustainable because they don't even default a 15% tip in the initial ordering process, it's asked for after, lol