• Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Nov 21, 2017
504 posts
246 upvotes
Surrey BC
evanwier wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 7:45 pm
15montreal working just fine in vancouver
Sweet thanks for the updated code . just placed an order for a large chicken carbonara at fleetwood quiznos and 2 cookies and chips as fill in items to bump up the total to 15.23 with delivery. Then .50 cent tip and all in with promo came to 5.67.

Edit: Driver came very fast and the sandwich was warm and fresh. Service works as advertised for now.
Last edited by flipper316 on Jul 12th, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 19, 2009
342 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
HONEYGARLIC & 20Montreal don't work. Tried 15stjohns for the heck of it and it doesn't work either. 15montreal still works, with new account on incognito mode. This is my 6th order for the past two weeks. Will be away over the weekend so figured I'll use this code one last time before it runs out of uses... Smiling Face With Sunglasses

I originally planned to try this restaurant in person but their parking is quite a pain in the rear. Figured paying the delivery fee and tip would make it worthwhile Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Food/Beverage Total $21.00
Delivery Fee $4.45
GST $1.27
Tip the Food Courier $2.10
15MONTREAL -$15.00
Total (CAD) $13.82
Feb 28, 2017
221 posts
378 upvotes
Used 15MONTREAL and can confirm this worked for me in Scarborough
Nov 10, 2011
103 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Never used Skip the dishes before. Would this stack with new account/referral?
May 19, 2009
342 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
frank.gaoathome wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 12:23 am
Never used Skip the dishes before. Would this stack with new account/referral?
No it doesn't stack with referral. The referred account will only have the option to use the $10 credit off $15+ order. But the referred $10 credit can be used towards pick up orders. While the 15MONTREAL code is delivery only.
Jul 28, 2014
146 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Used STD for the 2nd time ever earlier. Now I know why they give out all these promo codes - because their service is terrible!! My experience from this evening:
  • Ordered food, app gets hung on "confirming order stage"
  • However, I receive email saying congrats, order confirmed
  • 25 minutes later get an email stating, oh sorry, your order has been cancelled
  • Was just calling restaurant at the same time to ask how's it going??
  • Restaurant says, "we cancelled because we don't have a couple of the appetizers. Please re order"
  • Hop on website (pc version), revise order as recommended. "Sorry this restaurant is not accepting orders at this time"
  • A few minutes later I get an STD email, giving me a $5 credit for my trouble. As I'm in the app I notice I have a $30 credit. They didn't refund my order!!!
  • Start chat session, umm, no food, order again, still no food, waste my time AND keep my money??? Unreal
  • "Oh, you can use that credit anytime"
  • Waste another 10 minutes on chat to tell them to reverse charges

And yes, I did put in a tip before my order of 10%.

Sorry for rant, but I won't be doing business with this company unless the food is almost entirely free. Very poorly run setup and shady policies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5023 posts
2078 upvotes
54321scan wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 1:18 am
Used STD for the 2nd time ever earlier. Now I know why they give out all these promo codes - because their service is terrible!! My experience from this evening:
  • Ordered food, app gets hung on "confirming order stage"
  • However, I receive email saying congrats, order confirmed
  • 25 minutes later get an email stating, oh sorry, your order has been cancelled
  • Was just calling restaurant at the same time to ask how's it going??
  • Restaurant says, "we cancelled because we don't have a couple of the appetizers. Please re order"
  • Hop on website (pc version), revise order as recommended. "Sorry this restaurant is not accepting orders at this time"
  • A few minutes later I get an STD email, giving me a $5 credit for my trouble. As I'm in the app I notice I have a $30 credit. They didn't refund my order!!!
  • Start chat session, umm, no food, order again, still no food, waste my time AND keep my money??? Unreal
  • "Oh, you can use that credit anytime"
  • Waste another 10 minutes on chat to tell them to reverse charges

And yes, I did put in a tip before my order of 10%.

Sorry for rant, but I won't be doing business with this company unless the food is almost entirely free. Very poorly run setup and shady policies
I wonder what percentage of customers actually accept credit instead of a real refund from this company. They seem to think it is ok to hand out credits instead of refunds. They are a bit of a scumbag. I don't feel so badly that I used the coupon multiple times. They're using the restaurant owners, and drivers, and customers to make money - it's only fair we do the same back to the company.
May 19, 2009
342 posts
196 upvotes
Vancouver
54321scan wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 1:18 am

Thanks for sharing your experience. So far all 6 of my orders were positive experience. One restaurant did ran out of something but instead of cancelling they phoned me and asked if I could change my order to something else (I picked a different menu item). Personally I would've kept the $30 credit and order from a restaurant that I have ordered from / eaten at before so that I know they wouldn't screw up, or even use it towards a pick up order instead to save delivery fee. I have heard that the credit can be used towards delivery fee and tips as well (no personal experience).

But, I do agree that it's shady to have to go through so much trouble just to get them to reverse charges. Personally I don't think I'd be using these delivery services much either once the promos are over.
badOne wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 1:26 am
I wonder what percentage of customers actually accept credit instead of a real refund from this company. They seem to think it is ok to hand out credits instead of refunds. They are a bit of a scumbag. I don't feel so badly that I used the coupon multiple times. They're using the restaurant owners, and drivers, and customers to make money - it's only fair we do the same back to the company.
Quite a few I'd think. Some of the people here who said they've ordered 10+ times and have contacted customer services about cancelled orders / wrong items mentioned that they received credits towards a next order.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6621 posts
33904 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 1:26 am

I would say 99%.

If you cancel the order or the restaurant cancel it, std will automatically refund you as credits.

You have to go to chat and ask them to put it back on your CC. This doesn’t really work. You have to double check your statement after 3-5 business days.

However, if they found out you have several accounts, they will ban your account and refuse to give you money back.

Just happened to me 20 minutes ago. I had to contact them because the delivery guy stole my pizza. (Prepaid $2 tip)
Mine was $21.89 - $15 code. I paid $8.89.

Will contact my cc to do a reverse charge.

Std customer service sucks now. Their customer service centre may not be in Canada. Majority of the customer service names are quite unique. Probably from India to save cost.

Anyway, they can check your previous history from the address. Even if you changed your name, IP, number, they can still track the address previous orders from different accounts.
Jul 16, 2012
844 posts
498 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 2:19 am
I would say 99%.

If you cancel the order or the restaurant cancel it, std will automatically refund you as credits.

You have to go to chat and ask them to put it back on your CC. This doesn’t really work. You have to double check your statement after 3-5 business days.

However, if they found out you have several accounts, they will ban your account and refuse to give you money back.

Just happened to me 20 minutes ago. I had to contact them because the delivery guy stole my pizza. (Prepaid $2 tip)
Mine was $21.89 - $15 code. I paid $8.89.

Will contact my cc to do a reverse charge.

Std customer service sucks now. Their customer service centre may not be in Canada. Majority of the customer service names are quite unique. Probably from India to save cost.

Anyway, they can check your previous history from the address. Even if you changed your name, IP, number, they can still track the address previous orders from different accounts.
WTF he stole you Pizza?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7523 posts
1747 upvotes
ya how does the std driver just steal your pizza lol..did u see him take off with it?

i just had a great idea ymmv, its like haveing UBER and STD..say ur right by the STD shop and and u wanted buy food and needed a ride, u can order food to that std shop and have the address as your destination address! when the std driver shows up, tip him like 5$ and he can drive u to your destination with food in hand! YMMV of course
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6621 posts
33904 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 3:05 am
ya how does the std driver just steal your pizza lol..did u see him take off with it?

i just had a great idea ymmv, its like haveing UBER and STD..say ur right by the STD shop and and u wanted buy food and needed a ride, u can order food to that std shop and have the address as your destination address! when the std driver shows up, tip him like 5$ and he can drive u to your destination with food in hand! YMMV of course
not sure where you live but in Vancouver, that is illegal.
If you got into a car accident, ICBC ( insurance company) will not cover you. They may if you take them to the court.
Jan 1, 2018
45 posts
36 upvotes
As a driver I can tell you it's super easy to steal someones food on Uber Eats and harder on Skip the Dishes.

On Eats you have the power to just cancel the delivery at anytime or you can pick up the food and cancel the order saying it wasn't ready or taking too long. It'll go on your account as a warning if they report you but you won't be banned for it if it's done a couple times, and this is ok with places like fast food only (think Mcdonalds), if it's a self owned place you're **** because they'll call Uber up, describe you and you'll be banned. Fast food places like Mcdonalds won't bother calling as they dont have the time for it.

On Skip the process isn't as easy because you have to message the support (they reply instantly) to cancel the order. Skip will also try to contact the person it's being delivered too just to confirm they're not there. The only way to steal it is picking it up and telling skip it's taking too long and to cancel it but when the next driver comes to get it the owner will do the same and report you, Skip deals with a lot more local and restaurant type places. They have Mcdonalds and you could possibly get away with it but Skip is a lot more strict when it comes to this stuff

Another thing is when we get Mcdonalds orders on either app they give it to us in that special bag, well its really easy to peel off the stickers, take something out and reseal it. I've heard of people doing this all the time but at the same time I've personally been reported for "tampering with food" and "missing food items" from places like Mcdonalds, I do this as a side job to pay for rent and gas and could care less about eating junk food but reasons like everything I've stated above is why I personally avoid all if not most (if the tips sexy then....) fast food orders, ESPECIALLY Mcdonalds.
I'm 29
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14110 posts
3111 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 6:33 am
claim delivered and i did not receive it
It's possible they delivered to the wrong address and who's going to refuse free food?

Have to wonder what the numbers are for fraud and all that. So much is handled with computers these days it depends a lot on the honour code.

Don't think it'll get to the level that Amazon does (taking pictures of your place to prove that they delivered) but with three mostly anonymous parties to appease it can get messy.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!