Expired Hot Deals

SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10040 posts
2666 upvotes
Code doesn't . $15 comes off but order won't go through.

Deal dead?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
3001 posts
184 upvotes
for those that don’t tip STD, then make sure you don’t tip restaurant staff as well. Don’t be a discriminating hypocrite
既生瑜,何生亮?

Ebay Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1199 posts
951 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kool1 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:52 am
Code doesn't . $15 comes off but order won't go through.

Deal dead?
Still works, just ordered like 3 minutes ago.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8167 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
iLiedAboutMyAge wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:43 am
Skip/Uber eats Driver here - I do it on the side for extra rent money every month and it works great; my perspective is if you want to tip then tip and if you don't want to then don't.

There is will ALWAYS be a driver who will accept your order eventually if you don't tip, when we get a order notification it pops up and we have 2 minutes to accept, sometimes Ill get the same order 3 times in a row and not accept it because it's not worth it, if i do see a tip i automatically consider the job a lot more than I do with no tips.

Sometimes jobs are great even with no tips, 5$ order with no tip and it takes me 10 minutes to order and deliver, easy money.

What I will say is that if you did tip I'll go out of my way to deliver to you, let you know im here and come to your door. If you decided not to tip, i'll call your ass to come downstairs and pick up the food yourself because it saves me time if you live in a building, you dont want to come down then ok I'll leave it in the lobby and tell skip you didnt answer your door/buzzer. =)

All i'm saying is people shouldn't be angry at the people who don't tip because I honestly don't blame them and there's less pressure because you're ordering through an app. The drivers will always have work with STD especially if they're driving around the GTA anytime of day
Of the 8 orders I made, only 2 delivered straight to the door. The rest didn't want to risk a parking ticket for 2 mins. Tell me why I tipped??
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5201 posts
2164 upvotes
u0dcameron wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 11:43 am
Skip skip skip.... how I love you so. Let the abuse continue.
we have a willing participant (STD), so this isn't abuse. This will die before friday
Feb 22, 2009
955 posts
882 upvotes
Whitby
Tip. Get a better job. That said if you are saving 10-20 a toonie is not going to hurt you.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2019
15 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal
eightyeight wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:31 am
I'm not even going to try and mince words to avoid a ban: you, Fernando, are a goddamn idiot.

Wtf do you think is going to happen when STD drivers don't get tipped enough to make minimum wage? One of two things:

1) STD makes up the difference out of pocket, causing huge losses and eventually FORCES THEM TO CANCEL PROMOS LIKE THIS. I'll spell this out very clearly for you: company make no money, company give no deal. Got it?

2) STD loses drivers. Company have no driver, company deliver no food, company give no deal. Got it?

Tip your damn driver you cheap pricks. We are getting full restaurant meals DELIVERED TO OUR DOOR for $5-10. Don't ruin a good thing.
You can’t be serious? We should feel bad about a company that earns a billion+ in revenue? Skip the dishes earns 25%. Why don’t you go after them for the money? Why don’t you demand fair wages?

These promotions are all write offs for them. It boosts their numbers and makes them look good for investors. You have a very simplistic view. I don’t blame you. The company is screwing you. Me, I’m just enjoying my deal.
Mar 12, 2011
957 posts
532 upvotes
Is it better to tip when checking out or when they deliver the food?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6771 posts
35362 upvotes
FernandoR2 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:15 pm
You can’t be serious? We should feel bad about a company that earns a billion+ in revenue? Skip the dishes earns 25%. Why don’t you go after them for the money? Why don’t you demand fair wages?

These promotions are all write offs for them. It boosts their numbers and makes them look good for investors. You have a very simplistic view. I don’t blame you. The company is screwing you. Me, I’m just enjoying my deal.
Exactly. Foodora dasher did it and won. STD dasher still want the consumer to pay them up to the minimum wage.
Aug 29, 2018
318 posts
247 upvotes
elfen2 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:15 pm
Is it better to tip when checking out or when they deliver the food?
Taken from reddit from a STD driver

b. Don't think of it is a tip. Think of it as a bribe or a priority placement. Tip 10% or more, and the first driver that sees your order is likely accept it (that also depends on distance, if you're 15 km from the restaurant and you only tipped $2.00, a driver may not accept it). Don't include that bribe and your order is likely going to see five to eight drivers pass on it before one newbie accepts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comme ... es_driver/
Last edited by BenzDude11 on Jul 10th, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2011
957 posts
532 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:23 pm
When checking out. Think of the tip as a bribe, and puts your order at the top of the list in terms of what driver will pick it up right away vs, ones with no tip, most drivers will rather grab ones with tip and leave yours last.
Thank you!
Jul 6, 2018
332 posts
607 upvotes
For all the generous tippers out there, do you mind transferring me a few bucks extra for work today? I work in an office, so society doesn't say I get tips, but I work really really hard at my job.

Do you ever wonder why they don't tip in Asia, Europe, South America, and everyone else in world? Because it's stupid, plain and simple. Ya, I'll tip when I'm with a great group. But when I'm alone, no way.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1978 posts
470 upvotes
Gatineau
Lol every skip thread the tip problem will come up again and again. Just tip if you like it and $1 tip wont hurt when u save that much, cheaper than cooking, but then at the end it's optional.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2015
1035 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
poopooplatter wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:26 pm
Ya, I'll tip when I'm with a great group. But when I'm alone, no way.
Face With Tears Of Joy