SkipTheDishes 15$ Off New Users Only!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Feb 1, 2019
25 posts
55 upvotes
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:43 pm
I believe the RFD term is thrifty but I accept: cheap, poor, destitute, and or any combination of words to actualize that I do not have additional money to waste on what is essentially charity.
You are paying $5-10 for food that is delivered to your door, yet you are too cheap to tip an extra $2. Is extra $2 going to make you late on bills this month? If yes pm me your paypal and i'll spare you some money
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1361 posts
1842 upvotes
Tip vs. No Tip?

We've already been through this. Even heard from a SkipTheDishes courier. Conclusion: do whatever the F want, but know that the tip helps get your food delivered to you faster.

If you're adamant about tipping, don't blame those that don't tip. Blame SkipTheDishes for giving people the option to not tip and for not paying them fair rates to begin with.
Dec 6, 2009
107 posts
235 upvotes
Toronto
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:50 pm
Ya kitchen often gets shafted when it comes to tips. But hey it's motivation to get the hell out and into something better. At least it should be.
That sucks for the kitchen; they could have really used all the tips you returned to customers when you were doing 10 years of delivering.
Nov 23, 2017
20 posts
12 upvotes
eightyeight wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 10:31 am
Wtf do you think is going to happen when STD drivers don't get tipped enough to make minimum wage? One of two things:

1) STD makes up the difference out of pocket, causing huge losses and eventually FORCES THEM TO CANCEL PROMOS LIKE THIS. I'll spell this out very clearly for you: company make no money, company give no deal. Got it?

2) STD loses drivers. Company have no driver, company deliver no food, company give no deal. Got it?

Tip your damn driver. We are getting full restaurant meals DELIVERED TO OUR DOOR for $5-10. Don't ruin a good thing.
We're not here to subsidize a failed business model nor incentivize the temporary work-for-no-benefits tip gig race to the bottom economy.

If the VCs and skipthedishes cant figure out a way to deliver food to customers for a price they're willing to pay, while still paying their employees a fair wage, then that business is not viable and shouldn't exist, and those VCs are idiots for investing in it.

And it's not viable. The prices on the app are hilarious. People only use it because the $10, $15, $20 off coupons bring the prices back down to reality, otherwise $30 for two wraps delivered doesnt make any sense. Everyone from the restaurants to skipthedishes to the delivery guy are trying to make a good cut off of those two wraps.

So yea I'll ride it until this business inevitably fails.
May 18, 2008
39 posts
21 upvotes
burntorange00 wrote:
You are paying $5-10 for food that is delivered to your door, yet you are too cheap to tip an extra $2. Is extra $2 going to make you late on bills this month? If yes pm me your paypal and i'll spare you some money

send the paypal now bro we need it Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1648 posts
996 upvotes
warranthad wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:52 pm
That sucks for the kitchen; they could have really used all the tips you returned to customers when you were doing 10 years of delivering.
I never claimed I was a delivery driver for 10 years, but that I was in the service industry for that period of time. And if it makes you feel better I've donated more than my equivalent value of tips from my short stint in delivery to other causes that are tax deductible (I.E. legal charities). I just don't donate to workers who should know their own value and should work for their value
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1648 posts
996 upvotes
burntorange00 wrote:
It's never about just $2. It's about incremental spending. If you don't care about $2 today, then it's another $2, then another $2, and eventually you're buying coffee everyday because oh it's only $2 and then you're out like $500 for the year. I have fiscal discipline and watch pennies go out of my account. If I save that $2 enough I can splurge and get a nice t-bone, or whatever the hell else I want.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Feb 3, 2019
125 posts
118 upvotes
Here's my experience today:

I ordred breakfast. I normally put $0 tip in the app but today, I needed the food quick so I put in $2.20 tip.

A driver was quickly assigned (or driver saw tip and quickly took this job) to deliver my food before it was even made. HOWEVER, he was idling in his house (im assuming) for approximately 30 minutes!!

When the restaurant confirmed that the food is ready, the driver was still idling in the same location.
Anyways, it took 50 minutes to get my food delivered to me. The restaurant is about 7-10 minutes away.

Tips? Never again!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2902 posts
1212 upvotes
Waterloo
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:34 pm
I've been a delivery driver (Pizza Hut) and in the service industry for roughly a decade before I jumped ship. Workers deserve dignity by all means. I treat them kindly and am polite. I've worked crap jobs while in school, while saving for school, while paying off loads of debt, and I am still of the opinion that tips are not right in any industry. The US and Canada are almost entirely unique for tipping culture and I do not approve of it in any way. It's nothing against the workers, but I don't tip anyone on principle. Everyone should work what they are worth, and if they're working as a delivery driver good on em, just don't expect more from me.
So you never tip at restaurants either?
Nov 20, 2017
709 posts
652 upvotes
Toronto
Murkdx wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:59 pm
Here's my experience today:

I ordred breakfast. I normally put $0 tip in the app but today, I needed the food quick so I put in $2.20 tip.

A driver was quickly assigned (or driver saw tip and quickly took this job) to deliver my food before it was even made. HOWEVER, he was idling in his house (im assuming) for approximately 30 minutes!!

When the restaurant confirmed that the food is ready, the driver was still idling in the same location.
Anyways, it took 50 minutes to get my food delivered to me. The restaurant is about 7-10 minutes away.

Tips? Never again!
I think sometimes they do some GPS spoofing also and run Uber/Doordash etc. at the same time as STD.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1341 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
dyalect wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:12 pm
Tip. Get a better job.
WOW thank you for this easy solution.

Last week when I walked past a homeless man, I told him "just buy a house"
Sep 30, 2013
271 posts
198 upvotes
North Vancouver
if you don't tip, you're a **** loser.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25496 posts
3699 upvotes
Hamilton
burntorange00 wrote:
Hey. Is this offer real? I’m ready to send my PayPal
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1089 posts
248 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
yao416 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:14 pm
Hey. Is this offer real? I’m ready to send my PayPal
Hey, let me know if he follows thru, quite interested Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
1881 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jul 9th, 2019 9:37 pm
Guys, please don't post your receipts with $0 tips this time around.

Tippers are subsidizing non-tippers because STD, like most gig economy companies refuse to pay minimum hourly wages to their employees.

Tipping has a long, very racist, slave-economy based history in America that was used (after the Civil War) to justify not paying certain jobs a minimum wage, but you aren't helping anyone except yourself by not tipping:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rakeenmabu ... g-economy/

Also, VCs (employing hundreds of professionals whose sole job is to identify value in each sector) are not idiots just because you found a way to scam them out of $15. They are betting these gig economy employers are the way of the future of food delivery and are betting heavily on out-competing business practices that require employers to pay minimum/living wages to their employees, including waiters and cooks. Check out these "dark kitchens," for example: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ity-london

If you believe this, you have an enormously inflated ego.

thanks for the video

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)