• Jul 25th, 2019 12:10 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3187 posts
2822 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thatdealguy wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:32 pm
Guys calm down. Let people do what they want. Stop calling them names if they don't tip.

You guys are acting like Pride parade that banned UBC or one of those relgion who knocks on your door and try to convine you to join their religion. I think it was John something.

You like to tip, that's okay. You don't like to tip. That's okay too.

Tipping will get the food faster? Maybe.

Gas station
Do you tip the attendant? They shold be tipped since they are providing a service for you. If you don't tip, they won't clean your windows and will ding your car with the gas nozzle.

Police Officers

Officer giving you a ticket and a quick driving lesson.
Do you tip the officer? If you did, they may charge you less. If you don't they will charge you full price and show up to court when you dispute the ticket.

Vancouver minicipal election
Do you tip your voters? One party thought it was a good idea to tip their voters who spent their valuble time to vote. They offered $20 on wechat.
All false analogies. None of them make below minimum wage or constitute the future of precarious labor conditions that we and our children will have to suffer.

Tipping a copper is called a bribe, and many public officials gladly accept bribes, if they think they can get away with it. That's why they are paid good salaries. Voters are also bribed all the time. Yes, wechat, but what do you think Doug's buck-a-beer was? But you don't vote every day, right? No one's day job is to vote.
Feb 4, 2017
550 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Bzzzzt wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:38 pm
ATTENTION EVERYBODY: 20Montreal is on again! Probably won't last past 4:30pm, so hurry and get your orders in.
doesn't work
Jan 26, 2017
562 posts
558 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:38 pm
ATTENTION EVERYBODY: 20Montreal is on again! Probably won't last past 4:30pm, so hurry and get your orders in.
Thanks! Pre-booked 8 orders!
All 8 orders, $0 tip.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1648 posts
996 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:45 pm
All false analogies. None of them make below minimum wage or constitute the future of precarious labor conditions that we and our children will have to suffer.

Tipping a copper is called a bribe, and many public officials gladly accept bribes, if they think they can get away with it. That's why they are paid good salaries. Voters are also bribed all the time. Yes, wechat, but what do you think Doug's buck-a-beer was? But you don't vote every day, right? No one's day job is to vote.
What precarious labor conditions? If these people don't want to work the gig/casual economy they don't have to. In the end we are a free society and opportunity is abound. The only thing that puts people in this type of job is themselves. Some do it just for some extra cash on the weekend, or between classes, etc. And people can go to different jobs, there's plenty available
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3157 posts
275 upvotes
is this only on delivery or pickup as well?
EDIT: nvm, so its only on delivery.
Last edited by ludhi on Jul 10th, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
====================================
Nov 30, 2011
124 posts
73 upvotes
CheapMang wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:52 pm
doesn't work
Really? I guess the radio is running their ads because they paid for it, but deactivated the code because of RFD. Maybe somebody in Montreal check it.
Dec 22, 2017
198 posts
226 upvotes
Its your money. Tip or dont tip.

But dont tell other people what to do thinking it makes you look virtuous.

I have never tipped in the last 6 years, just grew a thick skin and stopped caring what other people think.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1342 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Got Mcdonalds order 13-14mins after placing the order. Record time!

And yes I tipped.
Oct 14, 2017
519 posts
361 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 2:57 pm
Really? I guess the radio is running their ads because they paid for it, but deactivated the code because of RFD. Maybe somebody in Montreal check it.
Yeah says "voucher is out of uses" for me.
Sep 21, 2004
9933 posts
3897 upvotes
Calgary
oscar1999 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:01 pm
Yeah says "voucher is out of uses" for me.
that went fast.
Sep 21, 2004
9933 posts
3897 upvotes
Calgary
GeneralAkbar wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:00 pm
Its your money. Tip or dont tip.

But dont tell other people what to do thinking it makes you look virtuous.

I have never tipped in the last 6 years, just grew a thick skin and stopped caring what other people think.
Just an excuse of being a cheapskate. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to preach your value.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1648 posts
996 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 3:07 pm
Just an excuse of being a cheapskate. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to preach your value.
Pretty sure everyone in this thread and/or forum is a cheapskate. Why are you here? To save money. Otherwise people would just pay full price and accept the loss of money. Stop being a cheapskate, get off RFD and spend full price money.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
5035 posts
2066 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
poopooplatter wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 12:26 pm
For all the generous tippers out there, do you mind transferring me a few bucks extra for work today? I work in an office, so society doesn't say I get tips, but I work really really hard at my job.

Do you ever wonder why they don't tip in Asia, Europe, South America, and everyone else in world? Because it's stupid, plain and simple. Ya, I'll tip when I'm with a great group. But when I'm alone, no way.
I like this person. He is honest. And it is a fact that people tip because of society pressure, not because they care how much the driver make or how good the service is.
burntorange00 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:50 pm
You are paying $5-10 for food that is delivered to your door, yet you are too cheap to tip an extra $2. Is extra $2 going to make you late on bills this month? If yes pm me your paypal and i'll spare you some money
johnlock wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:57 pm
send the paypal now bro we need it Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
My email is tipsforbills@gmail.com. Please spare me some tips so that I can pay my bills.
And before you wonder, this email is real.
When can I expect my tips?
LoANeal wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:59 pm
It's never about just $2. It's about incremental spending. If you don't care about $2 today, then it's another $2, then another $2, and eventually you're buying coffee everyday because oh it's only $2 and then you're out like $500 for the year. I have fiscal discipline and watch pennies go out of my account. If I save that $2 enough I can splurge and get a nice t-bone, or whatever the hell else I want.
This guy know what he is talking! I am sure most people have no clue what he means though.
Murkdx wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:59 pm
Here's my experience today:

I ordred breakfast. I normally put $0 tip in the app but today, I needed the food quick so I put in $2.20 tip.

A driver was quickly assigned (or driver saw tip and quickly took this job) to deliver my food before it was even made. HOWEVER, he was idling in his house (im assuming) for approximately 30 minutes!!

When the restaurant confirmed that the food is ready, the driver was still idling in the same location.
Anyways, it took 50 minutes to get my food delivered to me. The restaurant is about 7-10 minutes away.

Tips? Never again!
So conclusion is tipping assure someone accept the pickup quick, but not deliver the order quick. It is only half of the equation.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Jul 10th, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
May 26, 2008
583 posts
106 upvotes
To all those trying to justify not tipping servers who make less than minimum wage or delivery drivers, you are all cheap a-holes with no sympathy. Period.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3618 posts
2199 upvotes
Toronto and London
Wait a second, I thought NA culture preaches tipping because elsewhere (Europe, Asia, etc), these workers get paid higher per hour wages?

Someone correct me if I am wrong.