SkipTheDishes
Code KAWHINOT

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
14 replies
Sep 16, 2011
308 posts
249 upvotes
Lethbridge
Thanks. Basically covers the delivery fee. Time for chicken.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13764 posts
8801 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I usually go for the ones with free delivery.
seriosbrad wrote: Thanks. Basically covers the delivery fee. Time for chicken.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Sep 16, 2011
308 posts
249 upvotes
Lethbridge
Cheapo-Findo wrote: I usually go for the ones with free delivery.
True. The chicken place I was craving didn't offer it :(
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1625 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
sweet, got this too! was wondering what to have for dinner! Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1785 posts
10067 upvotes
Delivery only - it's an okay deal but $5 doesn't get you far on these apps.

Service fees, delivery fees, tips, plus the fact that menu item prices are inflated to make up for the high % these apps charge back to the restaurant. A few restaurants I go to have all menu items 20-25% more expensive on Skip/Uber Eats/etc.
Jul 17, 2018
404 posts
360 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: Seems like there are suddenly no restaurants with free delivery when they have a promo. At least for me.
A lot of it will depend on location. I have a lot of places near me still offering free delivery
Sep 5, 2007
408 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't work on pick up orders.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2790 posts
439 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Delivery only - it's an okay deal but $5 doesn't get you far on these apps.

Service fees, delivery fees, tips, plus the fact that menu item prices are inflated to make up for the high % these apps charge back to the restaurant. A few restaurants I go to have all menu items 20-25% more expensive on Skip/Uber Eats/etc.
What service fees? Sort by free delivery and you only have to pay for tip. Also never seen a 25% premium on menu items in Calgary. Maybe just an ok deal for you but good for most. Thanks op.
Jun 29, 2018
84 posts
81 upvotes
What's an appropriate tip for skip the dishes? have never tried it before, but I may sign up today.
Aug 5, 2017
126 posts
309 upvotes
blzn wrote: What service fees? Sort by free delivery and you only have to pay for tip. Also never seen a 25% premium on menu items in Calgary. Maybe just an ok deal for you but good for most. Thanks op.
Food is definitely pricer in the skip app compared to restaurants in store. I've done pickup twice now to two different places and noticed that the price I paid on both occasions was higher than the restaurant food itself. When I asked skip about this they said that the restaurants are free to set their own pricing and can set it to whatever they'd like.

I imagine some restaurants see a promo like this and decide to jack up their prices, or remove the free delivery like others have mentioned.

Shitty practice
Jul 21, 2005
209 posts
174 upvotes
lilc09 wrote: Food is definitely pricer in the skip app compared to restaurants in store. I've done pickup twice now to two different places and noticed that the price I paid on both occasions was higher than the restaurant food itself. When I asked skip about this they said that the restaurants are free to set their own pricing and can set it to whatever they'd like.
When I asked a couple of restaurants about it, they told me that skip/just-eat were charging some outrageous fee, like 20% to sell the food through them. So, the owners said they have to increase prices or they'd make a lot less/lose money. You can always call the place directly and order from them...like every single place that does pick up will take a phone order and they'll charge you their regular prices.