Expired Hot Deals

[skipthedishes] $7 off your next order DELIVERY ONLY

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2019 11:30 am
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
Milano pizza increased their prices literally as I was ordering and then my order got cancelled when I submitted. Trying to redo, saw the dishes changed $6->$11, $13->$16. F em and Skip.
Newbie
User avatar
Jun 25, 2018
24 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
projector wrote: Where have these Game of Thrones related promo codes been disseminated? I'm not seeing anything on Skips Twitter account?
I have a feeling it's from in in-app notifications... I'm gonna turn those on now lol.

Also, anyone else get the vibe that with the show ending this may be the 'FINALE' coupon, too?
Member
Nov 30, 2016
437 posts
389 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Taroble wrote: I never pre-tip.

Why would you give someone money for a task they didn't do yet. I hate how Skip recently lets drivers see the tip amount and being able to cancel when they don't like the value.
I'd cancel on your stingy ass too
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13531 posts
3637 upvotes
GTA
Taroble wrote: I never pre-tip.

Why would you give someone money for a task they didn't do yet. I hate how Skip recently lets drivers see the tip amount and being able to cancel when they don't like the value.
Didn't realize that. Bad idea because many people tip cash or add tip after...
Member
Feb 4, 2017
310 posts
242 upvotes
seagull1987 wrote: I'd cancel on your stingy ass too
Good. Less workers like you and the company will get a better view in the eyes of the public. There's this thing called CASH that you can give them upon delivery.
Member
Feb 4, 2017
310 posts
242 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: Didn't realize that. Bad idea because many people tip cash or add tip after...
This is the reddit thread that describes a worker's experience with the highlight about the app below

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/commen ... he_dishes/
The app shows how much a driver will make prior to accepting the order and how much the customer has tipped if at all. So, what is happening with low and no tip orders is drivers simply don’t accept them and let them time out, letting them sit hours on end. By the time someone like me comes along, I’m usually the one who feels the wraith of the customer because they have been waiting so long.
Jr. Member
Oct 24, 2017
154 posts
98 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: I go for pickup. Also helps when you do self-referral and get $7 credits + using discount code = $14 off.
Tried this and got the error message "Voucher cannot be combined with other vouchers."

Appears they've wised up to it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3346 posts
1416 upvotes
Scarborough
RolandCouch wrote: Didn't realize that. Bad idea because many people tip cash or add tip after...
This is why in the comments section I simply put “will pay tip in CASH”. It gets their hopes up and I do tip but only a buck or two. I use the coupons to save money not to spend the it on the driver. Drivers have a choice to work for skip ilthey can always do something else. Besides prices on the site are much higher.

I’m pissed they remove California sandwiches from their app. Called them and said they were having problems with skip and Ubereats doesn’t deliver to me area
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 13, 2013
834 posts
570 upvotes
I’ve used most of these services and SkipTheDishes has always taken the longest. Were it not for the coupon offered I wouldn’t have used them again. I ordered from a local sushi place that normally takes 15-20 mins to come. (It’s only 3 blocks away) delivery initially said it would be 25 mins which is reasonable. It took nearly an hour and ten minutes, by the time the food came part of it was cold. There’s just no reason for a place that’s 3 blocks away to take over an hour.
Newbie
Jul 9, 2017
57 posts
115 upvotes
Always tip. Without tips, these services wouldn't even be available. If someone can't afford or can't be bothered to tip, they shouldn't be ordering delivery in the first place.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13531 posts
3637 upvotes
GTA
OrangeBerry wrote: This is why in the comments section I simply put “will pay tip in CASH”. It gets their hopes up and I do tip but only a buck or two. I use the coupons to save money not to spend the it on the driver. Drivers have a choice to work for skip ilthey can always do something else. Besides prices on the site are much higher.

I’m pissed they remove California sandwiches from their app. Called them and said they were having problems with skip and Ubereats doesn’t deliver to me area
Funny you say that I only ever ordered with promos too and I also used it for California.
Sr. Member
Dec 28, 2006
845 posts
335 upvotes
Was really hoping the promo code still worked today. We wanted lunch asap, and had to order without the discount before we all got hangry
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3346 posts
1416 upvotes
Scarborough
swaghunter wrote: Was really hoping the promo code still worked today. We wanted lunch asap, and had to order without the discount before we all got hangry
You can create a new account with the same phone number and if you sign up through a referral link you get $7 OFF. Every time I order from skip I create a new account for the $7. Who pays full price these days anyways.
Newbie
Mar 6, 2017
79 posts
38 upvotes
I agree that the service is not bad have only had 1 minor issue out of 12 orders and that was restaurants fault.

If you are feeling lazy or busy 7 bucks off doesnt hurt.

Top