Ongoing Deal Discussion

SkipTheDishes - Coupons Codes and Discounts

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2021 4:34 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1430 posts
1285 upvotes
I received another $10 off targeted email again but still it wouldn’t show up during checkout. Guessing I’ll have to ask CSR to credit me again.
Another quick questions, for your accounts that received the 15 coupon, do you have any credit card bound to the them?
BobSagget wrote: They show up automatically. In fact when you log into an account that has a voucher, it even has a banner at the top saying there's a token of appreciation waiting to be used on your account blah blah blah or something like that. It shows up at checkout as $15COUPON
Nov 30, 2011
225 posts
133 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Yes google pay with the same credit card every time. No issues at all.
I installed Google pay and added a CC, but at "Select method of payment" at STD there is no option for Google pay, only cash, corporate, CC or interac. How did you use Google pay? I'm gonna try a CC I already used. There's also the option of paying with cash, but I don't know if the $15 credit will disappear if selected and confirmed. I don't recall exactly what happened last time but using the same CC either hung the order or it reverted to full charge.
Sep 6, 2017
108 posts
33 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote: I installed Google pay and added a CC, but at "Select method of payment" at STD there is no option for Google pay, only cash, corporate, CC or interac. How did you use Google pay? I'm gonna try a CC I already used. There's also the option of paying with cash, but I don't know if the $15 credit will disappear if selected and confirmed. I don't recall exactly what happened last time but using the same CC either hung the order or it reverted to full charge.
Not that OP that replied to you, but Google Pay, for me, only shows up on the mobile(Android) app and not on the desktop site.
Nov 30, 2011
225 posts
133 upvotes
Bzzzzt wrote: I installed Google pay and added a CC, but at "Select method of payment" at STD there is no option for Google pay, only cash, corporate, CC or interac. How did you use Google pay? I'm gonna try a CC I already used. There's also the option of paying with cash, but I don't know if the $15 credit will disappear if selected and confirmed. I don't recall exactly what happened last time but using the same CC either hung the order or it reverted to full charge.
OK, update...it worked! No problem using the same CC. Would like to know how to use Google pay though if anybody can chime in.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18734 posts
26953 upvotes
ONTARIO
@suhail1724 is right, it's only available on android, so you have to install the std app on your phone/tablet. It's worth it though to not have to worry about the codes being denied. Works every single time with the same CC.
Nov 30, 2011
225 posts
133 upvotes
suhail1724 wrote: Not that OP that replied to you, but Google Pay, for me, only shows up on the mobile(Android) app and not on the desktop site.
Ah, I see. I'm on my phone but using a browser instead. Figured the app might provide too unique an identity. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1741 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Yes google pay with the same credit card every time. No issues at all.
Hmm thats what ive been doing as well and they caught on a few weeks ago. Got an email for $10 credit and it never showed up on the account. Talked to livechat and they said I was abusing it by having multiple accounts.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11954 posts
1865 upvotes
Vancouver
They nailed me awhile back. I think I can still use and order but it won’t accept any discount codes. :)

It’s been awhile now but when there’s a new code I’ll try again with google pay.

I downloaded the skip app but I don’t see anywhere to pay using google pay. I’m on iOS.
Last edited by trellaine201 on May 26th, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1741 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Nope but I wont get any discount codes for it anymore
Nov 30, 2011
225 posts
133 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: @suhail1724 is right, it's only available on android, so you have to install the std app on your phone/tablet. It's worth it though to not have to worry about the codes being denied. Works every single time with the same CC.
You're right, it's actually necessary to use Google pay. I had my order confirmed and paid and told was being prepared, went to pick up but the restaurant said they never received an order and to call STD. He did me a favor and called them and gave me the phone, I told them they don't have my order after a very long hold, then STD said they'll make a new one, put me on hold again and disconnected the line. An hour later the restaurant told me they didn't receive anything. Meanwhile, I downloaded the STD app used another $15 coupon at another restaurant with Google pay (same CC) and this went through without a hitch. Now wondering whether to call STD to get a credit for the failed order, or just take a loss and avoid screwing 2 more $15 coupons I haven't used (Gmail dot variation.)
Nov 30, 2011
225 posts
133 upvotes
stanleylai wrote: Hmm thats what ive been doing as well and they caught on a few weeks ago. Got an email for $10 credit and it never showed up on the account. Talked to livechat and they said I was abusing it by having multiple accounts.
It looks like anytime you have to talk to them it means some kind of red flag went up and it's an opportunity for them to investigate what the account is doing and what's tied to it ( e.g. same CC, different email, name etc.)
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1741 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
Bzzzzt wrote: It looks like anytime you have to talk to them it means some kind of red flag went up and it's an opportunity for them to investigate what the account is doing and what's tied to it ( e.g. same CC, different email, name etc.)
Yeah maybe it was by chance they looked it up because Ive done it before on other accounts and they would add the code as a credit which is way better. Sometimes they let it slide and sometimes they pull the multiple account reason
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1067 posts
891 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: While not the best pricing, St Louis Bar & Grill now is selling their own food in frozen form. Only restaurant so far I've found doing that.

You can get stuff like:
St. Louis frozen fries, burgers, bacon, chicken breasts, chicken wings, pulled pork, sauces, etc.

Skip just sent out a bunch of $15 off "we miss you" emails too. So might be worth it to grab a bunch of stuff.

Edit: Ordered 4.5lb of fries/1lb of bacon delivered for $4.25 (after $15 off and $2 delivery + $2 tip). lol love it.
Their fries are awesome! Might have to pick up a bag (forgive me RFD-STD-codes-only police lol)
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18734 posts
26953 upvotes
ONTARIO
l1197493 wrote: Their fries are awesome! Might have to pick up a bag (forgive me RFD-STD-codes-only police lol)
Yeah they are delicious. I actually stocked up on them lol. I used up the last of my $15 off coupons yesterday to fill my freezer with burgers, fries, bacon, chicken from there. Wish I hadn't run out of the coupons, haha.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6540 posts
2183 upvotes
Any active codes for today? Can we have someone who’s actually monitoring the thread adjust the first post with active n inactive codes so we aren’t all posting? Reduces a lot of spam and when a code doesn’t work anymore they can just post that and someone can update the first post.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
7350 posts
1907 upvotes
GTA
l1197493 wrote: Their fries are awesome! Might have to pick up a bag (forgive me RFD-STD-codes-only police lol)
I respectfully disagree. Fries that came with my order were mediocre at best. North York location.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Arrow