• Jan 14th, 2021 10:29 am
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9723 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto
ewwwwww
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3976 posts
1511 upvotes
BTW, Skip the Dishes customer service is a joke from hell.

The company should take this matter very seriously. I don't know the EXACT reasons why anybody would tamper with the food, but obviously this driver is angry and want to hurt other people.

Imagine if he gets COVID. There is no one to tell him not to work, he could continue with his deliveries, spitting on the food.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2006
1541 posts
3961 upvotes
SkipTheDishes - Get your STDs from STD. Should be their new catchphrase. Make it into a jingle. LOL
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4425 posts
3485 upvotes
rabbit wrote: "SkipTheDishes driver on-camera sticking his hand down his pants, opening the bag containing her food, and rubbing his hands on the order."
https://www.citynews1130.com/video/2021 ... with-food/
(It's a video.)
meh, the full dine in restaurant experience lol

i've seen lots of stuff in kitchens of restaurants that make this look tame. And this is basically like someone working in a restaurant going to the washroom and not washing their hands?
May 15, 2019
63 posts
40 upvotes
GWN
This matter should be investigated by the Authorities and, if warranted, the delivery person charged and penalized severely. Throw the book at him.

For another take, research "Typhoid Mary" and see what could happen if human fecal matter is digested.

If these delivery apps try to sweep this "under the rug" it will undermine the service.

I do not order prepared food delivery, ever, because of concerns like this or the driver snacking on your food. So many of these drivers are angry people. (see other videos of them just carelessly handling delivery boxes).

My suggestion, for convenience, buy a freezer and have a supply of easy to heat up foods, or pick up the food yourselves.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44135 posts
7238 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
StatsGuy wrote: meh, the full dine in restaurant experience lol

i've seen lots of stuff in kitchens of restaurants that make this look tame. And this is basically like someone working in a restaurant going to the washroom and not washing their hands?
When i was in h.s. I worked @ a movie theatre.
A guy got fired for being lippy. So he dipped his balls into the orange slushy machine.

Right before the evening show rush....

Also this group was shoving their bare hands into the frozen yogourt recess pieces and eating it.

I said “guys that unsanitary”. And he said “no... this is unsanitary!” So he pulled down his pants and started to hump the box of recess pieces. So i shrugged and walked away.

:-0
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
1348 posts
583 upvotes
I know just the right person to pass this video along.

This person gets food delivery out of sheer laziness. I calculated how much he can save by picking up himself and didnt even move him a bit.Thanks OP.

Now back to the video - maybe the complainant was being an ******* prior to the delivery?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
2931 posts
318 upvotes
I don't get why you'd do this (if you were a driver). One of the great things about Skip the Dishes is that it's a perfect example of a miniature free market. The customer orders, and the restaurant chooses to accept the order or not. The customer decides the delivery fee is acceptable, and chooses how much tip to add on.

If the driver feels the tip is satisfactory, he will accept the delivery. If no drivers accept the delivery (rare, as I've met drivers that accept absolutely everything they get), then that becomes the problem of Skip the Dishes, and they need to add a delivery bonus or something. This guy should have just declined this delivery.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6320 posts
2073 upvotes
Vancouver
My question why the driver wasn't arrested? It's not just gross there are multiple violations here for which one can be liable. The person go the food should file a police report instead of contacting the media. Though, now, with the public attention, it would be easier and faster. Swift and harsh actions by police would show any other a-holes doing it that this is a punishable offense.
Jun 16, 2012
46 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
She ordered from a different app. I think she used Sh!tthedishes!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3976 posts
1511 upvotes
LeisureSuitL wrote: I don't get why you'd do this (if you were a driver). One of the great things about Skip the Dishes is that it's a perfect example of a miniature free market. The customer orders, and the restaurant chooses to accept the order or not. The customer decides the delivery fee is acceptable, and chooses how much tip to add on.

If the driver feels the tip is satisfactory, he will accept the delivery. If no drivers accept the delivery (rare, as I've met drivers that accept absolutely everything they get), then that becomes the problem of Skip the Dishes, and they need to add a delivery bonus or something. This guy should have just declined this delivery.
All of these are good points, but maybe it wasn't about money.

Maybe the driver hates society, and this is just a chance to hurt random people.

I am pretty sure Skip the Dishes does NOT complete or require any backgroud check, for all they know, this guy could be a psychopath.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1381 posts
1929 upvotes
West
Has anyone even watched the video...? Seems like there are a lot of strong opinions and assumptions, but in reality, it isn't even remotely clear in the video if this actually happened.

Arrest the guy? Please. Even I would be able to create a defence that would cause the courts to throw out any charges.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
2931 posts
318 upvotes
motomondo wrote: All of these are good points, but maybe it wasn't about money.

Maybe the driver hates society, and this is just a chance to hurt random people.

I am pretty sure Skip the Dishes does NOT complete or require any backgroud check, for all they know, this guy could be a psychopath.
When I signed up 5 years ago, they did not. But my buddy just signed up recently and had to fork over $20 for his own background check.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
2367 posts
1991 upvotes
Canada
Free rona with the order
To the moon
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5671 posts
809 upvotes
Calgary
so they found out they can skip that dish?