Expired Hot Deals

[SkipTheDishes] SkipTheDishes 20% off Pick Up order

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2019 7:35 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Apr 21, 2009
196 posts
223 upvotes

SkipTheDishes 20% off Pick Up order

Savings:
20% off
Retailer:
SkipTheDishes
Hey just got this in today. 20% off Pick Up order.
Code: PICK20 for a Limited time.
Images
  • C791F611-731E-4A36-B81D-DE8C37B5CC74.jpeg
58 replies
Newbie
Nov 19, 2018
59 posts
76 upvotes
does this mean you pick up the order yourself at whatever restaurant?

if so, call the restaurant and tell them about the promo, hopefully they'll honor it so skip doesnt get any $$
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
9935 posts
67573 upvotes
Ontario
klevenisms204 wrote: does this mean you pick up the order yourself at whatever restaurant?

if so, call the restaurant and tell them about the promo, hopefully they'll honor it so skip doesnt get any $$
too much work.

Note: Most asains restaurants increased 15% on their skip menu. Some increased 25%.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 18, 2009
1627 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
Thatdealguy wrote: too much work.

Note: Most asains restaurants increased 15% on their skip menu. Some increased 25%.
long story short, just call the restaurant and order take out instead...

You either pay less, or get more. Win/win
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2190 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve always been curious... does the restaurant get paid less with coupons or does Skip cover the discounted portion?
Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2019
446 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
vtse wrote: I’ve always been curious... does the restaurant get paid less with coupons or does Skip cover the discounted portion?
It's always Skip who covers the discount. The restaurant always get paid the same amount. This is Skip's primary marketing strategy to attract new customers and a small % of these people who make returning orders is enough for Skip to generate profit in the long run :)
[OP]
Jr. Member
Apr 21, 2009
196 posts
223 upvotes
Or $3 off $15
Code : REMEDY valid until today October 24
Images
  • 927A1B86-00E5-460F-A440-EADF1E1EFB75.png
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1633 posts
1488 upvotes
I'm surprised to see still there are numbers of restaurants that don't jack up menu price on STD or Doordash.

I like using the systems to order take out because some of the restaurants do not accept credit cards but on STD or DD I can pay with my cards and order foods from those restaurants and get pretty good rewards (5% from Scotiabank Gold AMEX).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
9209 posts
5651 upvotes
Toronto
klevenisms204 wrote: does this mean you pick up the order yourself at whatever restaurant?

if so, call the restaurant and tell them about the promo, hopefully they'll honor it so skip doesnt get any $$
I highly doubt they'll just knock off 20% normal take out just because Skip takes a cut.
Member
Jan 1, 2013
451 posts
320 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
this seems very odd...like Uber giving me $$ if I drive myself
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1659 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto
naticom wrote: I'm surprised to see still there are numbers of restaurants that don't jack up menu price on STD or Doordash.

I like using the systems to order take out because some of the restaurants do not accept credit cards but on STD or DD I can pay with my cards and order foods from those restaurants and get pretty good rewards (5% from Scotiabank Gold AMEX).
door dash was hacked recently. using credit cards on these apps is dangerous
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 10, 2019
94 posts
40 upvotes
oicthat2013 wrote: door dash was hacked recently. using credit cards on these apps is dangerous
and than there is this thing going with scotia bank credit card, i was scared as hell thinking was it hacked or something!!!
Kids are really bad these days.....
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
6889 posts
1109 upvotes
Ottawa
Pizza on local website $33.99, pizza on STD, $42.50. 20% coupon code, FAIL.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1417 posts
1545 upvotes
I don't see STD and Doordash lasting long. One of them will have to go. It's literally ending up the sale. Order from restaurant, have it delivered. Order through APP, pay more, get discount coupon, have it delivered.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
oicthat2013 wrote: door dash was hacked recently. using credit cards on these apps is dangerous
You an use Apple Pay if that is a concern.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2009 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote: I don't see STD and Doordash lasting long. One of them will have to go. It's literally ending up the sale. Order from restaurant, have it delivered. Order through APP, pay more, get discount coupon, have it delivered.
I see them as the future of restaurants. Moreover, new types of restaurants geared towards those apps will also be possible ( smaller, less seating, etc...). It really depends on where you live. Some places have a rich restaurant tradition with pricing for all types of people. This is rarely the case in Toronto, for example, where restaurant eating is far too expensive for many, unless you are on an expense account or have no responsibilities. Parking, tips through the roof, ridiculous alcohol markups, etc...have led to a city without a tradition of restaurant eating. There are exceptions of course, but few families can afford dining at good restaurants.
Jr. Member
May 6, 2017
152 posts
145 upvotes
One of my favorite pho spots "Angus Pho House" in Markham in FMP has their prices the same on Skip as they are in-house and PICK20 works fine. Portions are huge and quality is alright. Worth a try with this coupon - figured I'd mention it seeing as most other restaurants mark up their prices. LMK if this isn't appropriate and I'll delete ASAP.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1417 posts
1545 upvotes
pmcd wrote: I see them as the future of restaurants. Moreover, new types of restaurants geared towards those apps will also be possible ( smaller, less seating, etc...). It really depends on where you live. Some places have a rich restaurant tradition with pricing for all types of people. This is rarely the case in Toronto, for example, where restaurant eating is far too expensive for many, unless you are on an expense account or have no responsibilities. Parking, tips through the roof, ridiculous alcohol markups, etc...have led to a city without a tradition of restaurant eating. There are exceptions of course, but few families can afford dining at good restaurants.
I think they'll face backlash from restaurants for for taking more fees from them, and since they up the menu price, it literally defeats the purpose of people ordering through the app. Unless you don't have a car, and love eating out. But I think most people living downtown just walk around to their favorite restaurant anyways. More enjoyable to sit down, fresh meal. STD/DD you still have to pay tips, higher menu price, takes longer to receive food, and portions usually smaller through the app I fine.

It'll be interesting 5 years from now which app is last one standing. It'll be a fad, like groupon/wagjag.

Top