Sky High Demolition - very bad / dishonest business

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2020 9:26 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes

Sky High Demolition - very bad / dishonest business

I just want to post this here so that anyone looking to hire this company for work can google and see this.

Company Name: Sky High Demolition
Phone #+1 (647) 834-0944

Terrible contractor, definitely won’t do a clean job. Ruined our completely new carpet in the basement, see pictures below. They left scuff marks all throughout the house, even on windows and doors. Moreover when the job was done the contractor had another buddy who was there send him a text pretending to be the waste bin removal company saying there was asbestos present in the waste and that it will cost $500 to remove. Contractor tried taking advantage of the fact that my husband and I did not know much about asbestos to make more money. The contractor said that he will split the difference and that I only have to pay $200 for as best removal that was present in the waste that was already removed.

When my husband consulted his friend who is a subject matter expert, he simply laughed and said there was absolutely no asbestos concern.
Images
  • 60FDA42D-16DB-40CB-9C40-DBD5C1AD07F7.jpeg
  • 7EB63CBF-679C-410F-A71B-D84002A89026.jpeg
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1098 posts
1107 upvotes
You have got to be kidding me. They did that to your carpet?

That's shameful

What work did you have done?
Nov 10, 2015
269 posts
232 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Looks like they used your carpet and walls to clean their shoes before getting into their fancy trucks!
Feb 28, 2018
144 posts
88 upvotes
Waterloo region
What were they doing to your basement ? Looks like soot.. removing an old oil furnace or an old chimney ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5113 posts
2526 upvotes
Me personally, I take 1 post account reviews with a grain of salt. Why not just leave your review on Google if you want people to see it when they google. Why chose a Dealfinder website to start a thread to post a bad review
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Aug 18, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
They were removing an old inactive chimney
[OP]
Aug 18, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
Red_Army wrote: Me personally, I take 1 post account reviews with a grain of salt. Why not just leave your review on Google if you want people to see it when they google. Why chose a Dealfinder website to start a thread to post a bad review
Google reviews was my first thought too, unfortunately this company only has a Facebook page, nothing else. So I figured this would serve as a good place for anyone just googling their name.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5113 posts
2526 upvotes
Bloodrip wrote: Google reviews was my first thought too, unfortunately this company only has a Facebook page, nothing else. So I figured this would serve as a good place for anyone just googling their name.
How did you come to hire them in the first place?
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3121 posts
1824 upvotes
You still paid them when your carpet looked like that?

I would not pay anything until they cleaned it or offer atleast 500 dollars.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4475 posts
1025 upvotes
Why the downvotes? Do people even know when to downvote?

OP, that's brutal, thanks for the heads up.

On another note, those stairs look pretty deadly.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky