Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford

Skypark vs ParknFly

Leaving for a week mid October. Previously used ParknFly self park however my dad keeps nattering on about the greatness of Skypark valet for a cheaper rate. Read some good and some awful reviews.

Anyone who has used both in the last year can you give me a recommendation of either one and why? My husband will freak if anything happens to the car from joyrides etc while valet parked - I've read lots of reviews of this so it scares me and I'd be happy with self park in PnF but am I being a moron?
Last edited by snow00774 on Sep 27th, 2016 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2879 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote: Leaving for a week mid October. Previously used ParknFly self park however my dad keeps nattering on about the greatness of Skypark valet for a cheaper rate. Read some good and some awful reviews.

Anyone who has used both in the last year can you give me a recommendation of either one and why? My husband will freak if anything happens to the car from joyrides etc while valet parked - I've read lots of reviews of this so it scares me and I'd be happy with self park in PnF but am I being a moron?
I have used them a few times (most recently in August) no problem at all. My husband always snaps a pic of the odometer whenever we valet park at the airport .
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2009
1420 posts
157 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I've used Park n Fly because of the self-park option. I have a family member who used to work in valet (not for SkyPark) and cringe at the idea of a valet having my car keys while I'm away. For peace of mind, I'd always pay a bit more and park it myself/keep my keys.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
BrunetteGirl wrote:
snow00774 wrote: Leaving for a week mid October. Previously used ParknFly self park however my dad keeps nattering on about the greatness of Skypark valet for a cheaper rate. Read some good and some awful reviews.

I have used them a few times (most recently in August) no problem at all. My husband always snaps a pic of the odometer whenever we valet park at the airport .
From what I'm reading even if you have pics to support use while you were away the literally don't care and will deny it. If there is damage their response is to tell you to go away and call your insurance.

Having proof seems to mean nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
Nurse2B wrote:I've used Park n Fly because of the self-park option. I have a family member who used to work in valet (not for SkyPark) and cringe at the idea of a valet having my car keys while I'm away. For peace of mind, I'd always pay a bit more and park it myself/keep my keys.
jerryhung wrote: have used SkyPark Valet in July 2016, no problem
cheapest option of all too ...
I think I'm leaning towards ParknFly...having seats warmed isn't incentive enough to risk them using my car while I'm away. I e used ParknFly before and it was okay. The valet sounds like a lovely option, the Skypark company just seems so sketch from other reviews and I don't think I can get past that :(
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26762 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
snow00774 wrote:
Nurse2B wrote:I've used Park n Fly because of the self-park option. I have a family member who used to work in valet (not for SkyPark) and cringe at the idea of a valet having my car keys while I'm away. For peace of mind, I'd always pay a bit more and park it myself/keep my keys.
I think I'm leaning towards ParknFly...having seats warmed isn't incentive enough to risk them using my car while I'm away. I e used ParknFly before and it was okay. The valet sounds like a lovely option, the Skypark company just seems so sketch from other reviews and I don't think I can get past that :(
Eh, then why ask in the first place? ha
SkyPark also has self-park option, you know, same price

And my car isn't that fancy for them to drive it honestly, and they looked like a tight group/family business, not the type/part-time workers who take joy rides... that's my opinion.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
jerryhung wrote:
snow00774 wrote:
Eh, then why ask in the first place? ha
SkyPark also has self-park option, you know, same price

And my car isn't that fancy for them to drive it honestly, and they looked like a tight group/family business, not the type/part-time workers who take joy rides... that's my opinion.
True I could self park there.

I asked hoping to be super reassured but the posts didn't really inspire that I could leave my car there and it wouldn't be taken for a ride ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
go to the park and fly website, get a quote and go with the cheapest option, when you print it out, it'll include a coupon to upgrade to valet for an extra $20 or so
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1819 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
Just used parknfly last week. Easy and smooth and would recommend. Just allot additional time for the shuttle though.
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
Skypark is great! I've only ever used the self-park option (you keep your keys, so no worry about odometer, etc). The self-park is literally right next door to the airport, and their shuttle goes down like little side alleys and such, so you are at T3 in, I bet, 3 minutes or less. Super fast.

Coming back, the pickup is usually very fast (5 to 10 minutes) for the shuttle to arrive, and they take you right to your parking spot.

The lot is nothing special, just a mostly gravel lot. They park you fairly tight, like most lots would, so there is always a risk of door dents etc, but not really any more than a mall parking lot. The employees have all been friendly.

I have also done park and fly. Once. It was several years ago now, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but my memory is the Park and fly lot was much larger, and you had to walk to/from the "bus stops" on the lot. Since they are bigger, the shuttles are busier too.

I just got back from Skypark this morning after a week away. Car was waiting happily for me.

I rarely fly (once per year), but now every time I do, I choose skypark. They always have the coupon on the internet, but I've always booked online and have never needed the printed coupon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)