Expired Hot Deals

[sleepeh.ca] Cpap Dreamstation Expert Package with free mask and BONUS O2 Curve Respirator 1.2

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 4:16 pm
[OP]
Jun 10, 2011
610 posts
560 upvotes

Cpap Dreamstation Expert Package with free mask and BONUS O2 Curve Respirator 1.2

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
sleepeh.ca
Dreamstation Expert Package with a mask and a *BONUS O2 Curve Respirator 1.2
see the difference between the auto and the expert model here: https://www.cpapmachines.ca/blogs/bette ... ation-auto

site does NOT require prescription compared to other site listed here.

I thnk for 100$ more for the expert and the free mask is a better deal.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3493 posts
1534 upvotes
Ottawa
The mask is a covid mask right not a free cpap mask?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7290 posts
1144 upvotes
Alberta
shylok wrote: The mask is a covid mask right not a free cpap mask?
Listing describes both...a selected CPAP mask and a specialized COVID mask with replaceable filters.
Jun 3, 2007
11 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Nice deal for a CPAP Dreamstation with free O2 Curve Respirator 1.2.
[OP]
Jun 10, 2011
610 posts
560 upvotes
mikec924 wrote: Nice deal for a CPAP Dreamstation with free O2 Curve Respirator 1.2.
also come with a free cpap mask and 48 hrs delivery. ;-)
Aug 29, 2011
132 posts
63 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I have this box. I’m not impressed compared to my old airsense 10. Auto start rarely works. Auto stop takes like minutes.

Just my 2 cents but I recommend resmed
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9551 posts
3825 upvotes
So I just got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, but don't have my "get your demo mask/cpap" appt at the sleep clinic until February 4th, and with another lock down looming, it could be even longer than that.

Would I be okay to buy this, plug it in and use it? I am ready to get going with it. The mouth tape, multiple wake ups, kicks from wifey, etc are just something I want to put behind me.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7290 posts
1144 upvotes
Alberta
Gutty96 wrote: So I just got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, but don't have my "get your demo mask/cpap" appt at the sleep clinic until February 4th, and with another lock down looming, it could be even longer than that.

Would I be okay to buy this, plug it in and use it? I am ready to get going with it. The mouth tape, multiple wake ups, kicks from wifey, etc are just something I want to put behind me.
There r several types of CPAP machines for different types of sleep apnea...OSA, centrals, etc.

Majority is mostly OSA (eg, snoring is a well known symptom) which is typically treated with a CPAP/APAP like the one here for sale. Most r set to 4 to 20 cm H2O pressure. Ideally, u would want to optimize and reduce this range. U could use the APAP to determine the required pressure to handle 90-95% of your events.

If u have $$$ to burn...

Dave
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9551 posts
3825 upvotes
DavidY wrote: There r several types of CPAP machines for different types of sleep apnea...OSA, centrals, etc.

Majority is mostly OSA (eg, snoring is a well known symptom) which is typically treated with a CPAP/APAP like the one here for sale. Most r set to 4 to 20 cm H2O pressure. Ideally, u would want to optimize and reduce this range. U could use the APAP to determine the required pressure to handle 90-95% of your events.

If u have $$$ to burn...

Dave
Thanks for the informative reply! I think I better wait, unfortunately, but as my wife reminds Me, "you have ignored this for years!"
Mar 26, 2006
372 posts
257 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Does anyone know if the expert or auto can have manually set pressure? I already have one that was set by a respiratory therapist. Ideally, I could get a 2nd (backup) and set it myself to the same values. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7290 posts
1144 upvotes
Alberta
Gutty96 wrote: Thanks for the informative reply! I think I better wait, unfortunately, but as my wife reminds Me, "you have ignored this for years!"
Did u see your sleep report? Severe is an AHI of 30+. Treated is AHI under 5. Mine went from 77 to typically under 2-3.

Don't wait too long as it may cause health related issues as sleep apnea adversely affects the heart, brain and other major organs like the liver and kidneys. I wished that my sleep apnea was diagnosed much earlier. :(

Dave
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9551 posts
3825 upvotes
DavidY wrote: Did u see your sleep report? Severe is an AHI of 30+. Treated is AHI under 5. Mine went from 77 to typically under 2-3.

Don't wait too long as it may cause health related issues as sleep apnea adversely affects the heart, brain and other major organs like the liver and kidneys.

Dave
Yes, I am in the 60s per hour. Unfortunately they are just booked up solid until Feb. I am on the cancelation list, so hopefully something comes up quicker.

Doctor advised me to try to sleep on my side and wear a tape on my mouth in the mean time to keep my jaw from falling open and promote nose breathing.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1304 posts
544 upvotes
KANATA
Gutty96 wrote: So I just got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, but don't have my "get your demo mask/cpap" appt at the sleep clinic until February 4th, and with another lock down looming, it could be even longer than that.

My appointment years back was just so they could choose the pressure for me.....and honestly, I manually changed it a week later and have been adjusting it myself for 6 years.

But pressure for people can vary alot. My boss uses a pressure setting of 2.4 and I use 13.5.
derpin
Feb 18, 2012
823 posts
431 upvotes
Victoria
Neocodex wrote: My appointment years back was just so they could choose the pressure for me.....and honestly, I manually changed it a week later and have been adjusting it myself for 6 years.

But pressure for people can vary alot. My boss uses a pressure setting of 2.4 and I use 13.5.
2.4? Lol, i don’t know of a machine that even goes that low. A cpap of 2.4 is useless, your intrinsic PEEP is about 3.
Apr 23, 2008
511 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Mom is using Resmed 'Airsense 10 Autoset for Her' for almost 5 years now. I believe OHIP/ADP covers this machine every 5 years (can someone please confirm). So she may be eligible for a new machine. Is OP a good upgrade? I'd prefer a portable one.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7290 posts
1144 upvotes
Alberta
Gutty96 wrote: Yes, I am in the 60s per hour. Unfortunately they are just booked up solid until Feb. I am on the cancelation list, so hopefully something comes up quicker.

Doctor advised me to try to sleep on my side and wear a tape on my mouth in the mean time to keep my jaw from falling open and promote nose breathing.
Sleeping on one's side sounds reasonable. Did the sleep report include events on your back and on your side/stomach?

To keep your jaw from dropping during sleep, try either a soft cervical collar or a chin strap....cheap as $20 or less. I have used both with my nasal mask....prefer the collar. A FFM hasn't worked for me yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9551 posts
3825 upvotes
DavidY wrote: Sleeping on one's side sounds reasonable. Did the sleep report include events on your back and on your side/stomach?

To keep your jaw from dropping during sleep, try either a soft cervical collar or a chin strap....cheap as $20 or less. I have used both with my nasal mask....prefer the collar. A FFM hasn't worked for me yet.
My report was only for my back, as I slept on it the entire study. The Dr said that side is always better so even though he didn't have the number, it couldn't be worse.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7290 posts
1144 upvotes
Alberta
smehmood wrote: Mom is using Resmed 'Airsense 10 Autoset for Her' for almost 5 years now. I believe OHIP/ADP covers this machine every 5 years (can someone please confirm). So she may be eligible for a new machine. Is OP a good upgrade? I'd prefer a portable one.
Rssmed's algorithm is more proactive than Philips Respironics. Travel units are typically not covered by insurers....they are reportedly louder and have no/limited humidifier feature.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7290 posts
1144 upvotes
Alberta
jiggajayd wrote: Does anyone know if the expert or auto can have manually set pressure? I already have one that was set by a respiratory therapist. Ideally, I could get a 2nd (backup) and set it myself to the same values. Thanks!
Yes on the Dreamstation Auto and is assumed to be the same for the Dreamstation Expert. Go to Youtube for access tips to get into Clinical Menu.

Dave
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6431 posts
288 upvotes
Etobicoke

Not sure what province you're in. But in some provinces, if you have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea, your doctor needs to notify the transport ministry and wearing a positive air pressure device while sleeping may become mandatory to retaining your driver's license. Severe sleep apnea will likely cause drowsiness (because you're not getting good sleep) and this may lead to one falling asleep behind the wheel.

When you purchase a PAP device from a dealer, they sometimes register the machine with your sleep doctor, who can then monitor your sleep activity (Philips and Resmed machines uses WiFi and Cellular signal to upload your sleep report daily to their central servers). Older machine that doesn't have this set up require you to bring your SD card to the store or the doctor periodically to upload data and confirm operations.

If you purchase a machine on your own, be sure to check with your doctor if they have any process to register and monitor your usage. Also, your doctor's prescription should tell you what type of machine you need to buy and what pressure to set at. If not set correctly, these machines won't be effective.

Finally, if you are curious what data is being uploaded by your machine, download a copy of SleepyHead to read the SD card --> https://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/ Lots of great info in the report. You can also add info from an Oximetry kit to the report to see if the PAP machine is really working. Both ResMed (https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/consumer/ ... odule.html) and Philips makes Oximetry modules for their machines to measure oxygen saturation in your blood.