Home & Garden

sleeping without bed frame and headboard ?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2016 12:31 am
Nov 25, 2008
829 posts
66 upvotes
YORK

sleeping without bed frame and headboard ?

Hi
I just bought a new queen size mattress and spring box from Sleep country. I threw away my old mattress and bed frame.
All my dressers and night table are dark brown.

I am thinking what if i dont bother buy headboard bed frame and just let it goes the way it is.

Did any of you do that and still able to decorate your bed in the master bedroom elegantly?

Thanks for your advice (and pictures) in advance :)
TC
5 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
I had my mattress on the floor before I got married. I also had my socks and underwear in those big Rubbermaid bins. Apparently married people don't do that :)

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Some people like to tie tier partner to the bed posts other than that who cares? It is not your living room and if you are comfortable with it then that is fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tungustungus wrote: Some people like to tie tier partner to the bed posts other than that who cares?
So I'm not the only person who bought a headboard for this purpose then?

OP, if you are happy with it, then it's fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why would you care what other people think online? Do what you want lol.

If you don't want a headboard or bed frame................................................then don't use one.....................? Such a novel idea.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
From Wikipedia
The headboard is a piece of furniture that attaches to the head of a bed. Historically, they served to isolate sleepers from drafts and cold in less insulated buildings, and thus were made of wood, which is less thermally conductive than stone or brick. Constructed to create space from the wall (via thicker end pillars) they allowed falling colder air to sink to the floor rather than onto the bed.[1]

Today in better heated and insulated residences headboards serve chiefly aesthetic and utilitarian functions such as to keep pillows from falling off the bed. They may include storage space for books and personal items, and conveniences such as lights and telephone.[2] Those of hospital beds may incorporate critical care functions.

A headboard may often be complemented by a footboard for aesthetic balance.
bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products