Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Slick Wraps

$50US Slick Wraps mystery box.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2018 8:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24588 posts
34247 upvotes
Toronto

$50US Slick Wraps mystery box.

Deal Link:
Price:
$50US
Retailer:
Slick Wraps
some contain an Apple iPhone X

All boxes have a minimum value of $100!
5 lucky customers will receive an additional item valued at over $500!!
Customize your box to your device, or leave it all to chance with our WTF Mystery Box

https://www.slickwraps.com/mystery-box.html

I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1134 posts
288 upvotes
Mississauga
I saw this today. I thought it was just a bunch of wraps, but you can actually win a real phone too?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4346 posts
1737 upvotes
any promo code?

FLASH doesn't work
Jun 1, 2018
65 posts
339 upvotes
What is inside even? just wraps? maybe cases?

As far as I know, they mainly sell wraps and cases, both of which are about 30 dollars, which you can get for half off most of the time for a total of 15+15=30 dollars.
If you specify your device, you will probably get at least 1 wrap and 1 case for your phone. Other stuff includes wraps for other devices and mouse pads, which people probably don't care about.

If they specified the possible drops, I'd be more interested but as of right now, my impression of it is just "$100" worth of wraps/cases, which you could probably buy for 50 dollars anyways during half off days.
Oct 27, 2016
477 posts
1575 upvotes
Minimum value of $100 = lots of useless skins

I'm not a huge fan of slickwraps. My previous order never came and even with the tracking number, their support refused to refund me. I had to chargeback with PayPal.

There's a reason why they basically have a permanent discount of 50% with a coupon advertised all the time on their website.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1287 posts
1193 upvotes
Isn't... this an illegal lottery?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3154 posts
6431 upvotes
I was thinking you were just getting a bunch of skins by buying one of these, and only had a small chance of winning a device.
After reading a bit on the website, I am starting to think this mystery box thing, is a way to sell off some of the devices/products that they use to design the templates for their skins.

...at least that's what I'll tell myself to justify the ~$72 I spent on this... I could just end up with a bunch of skins for devices I don't have though LOL.
You know here at Slickwraps we're always ordering, opening, measuring, tracing, testing, wrapping, decorating, and protecting your favorite devices, right? What do you think happens to all of that stuff though? If the boss doesn't keep it, it collects dust in our storage room until we need to take the occasional follow-up photo. Well, no more!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2253 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
Bought a WTF box for lulz (Y)
Jul 30, 2007
995 posts
341 upvotes
BC
Ooh a mystery box! It could even contain a SlickWraps skin for the phone I have!
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2006
1087 posts
3562 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
Recoil wrote: Isn't... this an illegal lottery?
Private lotteries are the in thing these days, so-called "promotional" contests have been doing it for years and everybody wants in, because the "promotion" guarantees additional sales. Also: under 18 can play these lotteries too!
"𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐥𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞." - 𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚
𝔻𝕠𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕒 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕦𝕞 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 ℍ𝕠𝕥 𝔻𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕤 𝕖𝕩𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕡𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2012
1134 posts
288 upvotes
Mississauga
kimwoobingsu wrote: I was thinking you were just getting a bunch of skins by buying one of these, and only had a small chance of winning a device.
After reading a bit on the website, I am starting to think this mystery box thing, is a way to sell off some of the devices/products that they use to design the templates for their skins.

...at least that's what I'll tell myself to justify the ~$72 I spent on this... I could just end up with a bunch of skins for devices I don't have though LOL.
Iol I can't wait to hear what you got
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1676 posts
676 upvotes
Markham
kimwoobingsu wrote: I was thinking you were just getting a bunch of skins by buying one of these, and only had a small chance of winning a device.

vtse wrote: Bought a WTF box for lulz (Y)
please post and let us know what you got in your box :D
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21044 posts
10553 upvotes
Oakville
This seems like the weirdest mystery box promotion yet. Particularly if you don't customize it to your device. I'll be curious to see what folks get.

My last SlickWraps skin was ok, but not great. Side pieces came off within a month, which I find is the biggest issue with wraps in general.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1721 posts
1091 upvotes
DO YOU HAVE MORE MONEY THAN COMMON SENSE!?!?
GIMMIE $50!!!(usd, so more like $65cnd)

These wraps are not usually removable and then reusable.. So I honestly cant even fathom what kind of person would buy $100 worth of discount skins for their phone. I mean if you run a phone kiosk customization thing in a mall it might make sense, but for the typical phone user this is just.... well, its stupid. If they were cases it would kinda make sense i guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3154 posts
6431 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: DO YOU HAVE MORE MONEY THAN COMMON SENSE!?!?
GIMMIE $50!!!(usd, so more like $65cnd)
Yes.

Who cares?!
$50 bucks ($72 CAD after the exchange + shipping) for a bit of fun, is not much.
If I can't use it I can just give some to my friends.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
2936 posts
2806 upvotes
North York
kimwoobingsu wrote: Yes.

Who cares?!
$50 bucks ($72 CAD after the exchange + shipping) for a bit of fun, is not much.
If I can't use it I can just give some to my friends.
This is RFD.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2253 posts
1525 upvotes
Toronto
ilapastel wrote: more lulz than sense
Worst case scenario, it makes a fun video for the channel and I giveaway the contents for more lulz.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)