• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2021 2:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 26, 2020
215 posts
109 upvotes

Small Android phone?

Hey guys. I need a new phone badly. Has anyone recently released a <6 inch phone? I'm currently using the Pixel 3a and the battery is almost gone. Rather just get a new phone than replace the battery. The Pixel 4a is an option but it's already down to only 2 years of support. Apple seems to be the only one making smallish phones.
7 replies
Mar 2, 2017
287 posts
294 upvotes
Sadly, they're few and far between.

The S10e came out a couple years ago. Samsung has started supporting their phones for 4 years, but you'll be down to a couple years by now on that one.

Pixel 5 is listed at 6.0" if you can change that < to a ≤.

The Asus Zenfone 8 got a bit of attention when it came out earlier this year. A previous thread on it:
finally-small-phone-alternative-android ... cs-2464572
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
5320 posts
1706 upvotes
Because of the Pixel 3a's large bezels, the S21 is only 0.4 mm taller and 1.1 mm wider despite an 18% bigger screen. A S20 is even narrower.
[OP]
May 26, 2020
215 posts
109 upvotes
Yes and I'm hearing the S22 base will have a 6 inch screen.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7607 posts
1681 upvotes
Scarborough
get a iphone SE (2020) its pretty much like a 5s.

a family member got the iphone 12 mini which is also pretty much, very little difference between the small 5s/SE.

Or just go visit some mobile shops locally and see if they have what you need............sometimes u find something
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
apnayloags wrote: get a iphone SE (2020) its pretty much like a 5s.

a family member got the iphone 12 mini which is also pretty much, very little difference between the small 5s/SE.

Or just go visit some mobile shops locally and see if they have what you need............sometimes u find something
Op asks for a small android phone, recommend an iphone....
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10662 posts
1112 upvotes
Vancouver
I was dreading moving from my Pixel 2 to a larger phone because it's difficult to hit the navigation buttons/gestures with one hand. Then I found an app called "One Handed Operation +" by Samsung which creates a customizable gesture bar on the side of the screen. That plus home screen gestures from Nova Launcher means I never have to reach the very top or bottom of the screen ever. Now I'm on an S20 FE and loving it. Something to consider if that's the issue.
<< Public Mobile, Zoomer Wireless, Uber Eats, DoorDash, Tangerine, Coast Capital, STACK user >>
FS: **Free shipping on Tues** 6TB-2TB HDDs, Low Profile Cooler, FREE heatsinks/fans/misc
MY HEATWARE