• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 9:36 pm
[OP]
Apr 14, 2020
53 posts
16 upvotes

Small Catering Business looking for Commercial Kitchen by Hour in Mississauga

Hello,

I operate a small catering business outside of my home based in Mississauga. The business is doing well and the orders have increased quite a lot so i need more space. I would love to rent a kitchen by the hour, similar to the concept they have in the US of renting cloud kitchens.

I would ideally like the position to be Mississauga or somewhere close to that. Its next to impossible to find one, as most of the kitchens are based in Toronto and are extremely expensive charging $50/hour.

Can someone please guide me here?

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6727 posts
4296 upvotes
Toronto
Can you convert your basement or the garage?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1306 upvotes
peteryorkuca wrote: Can you convert your basement or the garage?
In the long run this would probably be a much cheaper alternative.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3009 upvotes
keenland
notoriouseagle1 wrote: Bumping it up
$50/hour expensive?...to rent $200K in equipment and no responsibility?...no wonder your business is doing well...you dont have major expenses and differed expenses (equipment investment), and that cost, that is already built in to other businesses to be able to execute larger orders ...you are a cockroach that has gathered crumbs operating on the fringes of a legit business...

do you pay taxes, wsib, business insurance and adhere to all food and safety measures that are in place from local and provincial standards?..I doubt it ( i was in food business many years) ...

I an not in support of unregulated un checked rogue food preparation and services....

has your "business" been inspected by health and safety?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1306 upvotes
cardguy wrote: $50/hour expensive?...to rent $200K in equipment and no responsibility?...no wonder your business is doing well...you dont have major expenses and differed expenses (equipment investment), and that cost, that is already built in to other businesses to be able to execute larger orders ...you are a cockroach that has gathered crumbs operating on the fringes of a legit business...

do you pay taxes, wsib, business insurance and adhere to all food and safety measures that are in place from local and provincial standards?..I doubt it ( i was in food business many years) ...

I an not in support of unregulated un checked rogue food preparation and services....

has your "business" been inspected by health and safety?
I was thinking the same thing but just didn't say it. I'm going to assume most food business that run out of their home never have any of the things done you mentioned. All those costs add up.

Not to mention the minute you have any sort of commercial operation running out of your home even if it's just storage, the health department will want to inspect your house.